Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jahoby

Chemistry HL DEB
    Q1 Ethanoic Acid Titration
    Q2 Soap Reflux
    Q3 Testing Swimming Pool Water Quality
    Q4 Short Q's (Heisenberg, radioisotope and homologous series are the definitions)
    Q5 Atomic Theory and Periodic table
    Q6 Organic (Isomers, heat of reaction and a bit about fuels.)
    Q7 Chemical Equilibrium
    Q8 PH
    Q9 Organic Familes
    Q10 (a) Ethanal calculation in it & asks about empirical and molecular formula
    (b) Electrolysis of Na2SO4
    (c) Reactions
    Q11 (a) Stoichiometry
    (b) UV + Chlorine Mechanism
    (c.A) Polymerization
    (c.B) Environment stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Megan143

can someone please confirm that this is the EXAMCRAFT english paper 2 questions:
    poets:
    -Dickinson
    -Yeats
    -Heaney

Comparative:
    -Theme or Issue
    -General Vision and Viewpoint

Macbeth Question:
    -Lady Macbeth strength and weaknesses

by the looks of it both DEB and EXAMCRAFT has really similar contents so can someone please confirm whether these are Examcraft? or if someone has the specific questions or something :rolleyes: thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Megan143 wrote: »
    can someone please confirm that this is the EXAMCRAFT english paper 2 questions:
    poets:
    -Dickinson
    -Yeats
    -Heaney

Comparative:
    -Theme or Issue

Macbeth Question:

by the looks of it both DEB and EXAMCRAFT has really similar contents so can someone please confirm whether these are Examcraft? or if someone has the specific questions or something :rolleyes: thanks in advance :)

I'm pretty sure that is Examcraft with
    Plath
    being the Fourth poet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blacktool97

Jahoby wrote: »
    Chemistry HL DEB
    Q1 Ethanoic Acid Titration
    Q2 Soap Reflux
    Q3 Testing Swimming Pool Water Quality
    Q4 Short Q's (Heisenberg, radioisotope and homologous series are the definitions)
    Q5 Atomic Theory and Periodic table
    Q6 Organic (Isomers, heat of reaction and a bit about fuels.)
    Q7 Chemical Equilibrium
    Q8 PH
    Q9 Organic Familes
    Q10 (a) Ethanal calculation in it & asks about empirical and molecular formula
    (b) Electrolysis of Na2SO4
    (c) Reactions
    Q11 (a) Stoichiometry
    (b) UV + Chlorine Mechanism
    (c.A) Polymerization
    (c.B) Environment stuff

For the
    organic families just asked to draw and name the compounds? Or what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

DEB Irish
    Quello wrote: »
    HL IRISH

Anybody know is
    Gaeilge
    coming up on any of the Irish papers for the aiste, seen someone mentioned it earlier on the thread but then deleted it.

Yep comes up in the DEB papers I think, well the paper with
    spalpin fanach + dis
    in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Nobody seems to post anything on geography. My teacher gave us a few hints, don't know what paper, can't say it will be there for sure, but a good place to start:
    Volcanoes impacts
    Plate tectonics
    Weathering
    Human interaction (didnt say rocks or rivers/coastal)
    Formation of rocks (didn't specify which)
    Cultural regions
    Map of a sub-continental region

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sonic_u

Examcraft Irish Aural
    Furn96 wrote: »
    Hi i did my irish aural in the week just gone and forgot to check if it was DEB or Examcraft. I anyone has done it could the tell me which it was please? The only stuff i remember from it was there was stuff about
    an app called anois or something and also there was a question about johnny sextons date of birth?

Id really appreciate any help!

exam craft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

English P1 HL DEB:

The 3 texts are on:
    the theme of Heroes and Villans. The 3 texts are on: An article about the Avengers, Sherlock Homes and War. Question Bs are on: diary entry before and after war, proposal for something and in gender issues. One of the essays is in gossip/rumours, speech on lies (or something around that)
    that's all I can remember. Hope it helps someone!
    😊

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

For anyone who's looking up spoilers, raging that they feel they haven't done enough study, don't panic. I repeat this yearly in here, but it's worth thinking about. In my mocks, I got 180. I got 415 in the real thing. Don't let anyone say that the most you can go up is fifty or sixty points, I went up 235, and I swear to god, I didn't push myself a hell of a lot more than I did before them.

Look up spoilers if you want, don't if you don't want. I'm not going to preach here. Just spend your time wisely, and know that the Mocks mean absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Who_knows_

French Aural Debs (HL):
    They speak very fast, especially on the 4th and 5th section

Section 1: 3 people - First person moved to a new school, question I think is how long did it take to find new friends - 2 weeks
    Second person and third I can't really remmeber, but this section isn't too bad

Section 2: about a woman travelling - be careful - the first question is the date they went and it's the first line, then it asks how they decided on where to go(I said they started off in countries they were never in), next question is what country where they in first(Canada - very clearly said), give 2 reason why she felt free when she was on the plane(I got that she couldn't use her mobile, but the other one I said no appointments, cause I heard rendevous, but I'm not sure if that's right), then 2 things she says about her children(I said they were too young to go travelling, and it said something about finishing studies, so I guessed they would go travelling after they finish their studies)

Section 3:(Conversationeasy enough,
    Guy- questions were why is he depressed(he failed his exams and is afraid to repeat his LC), what are his friend planning to do over summer(holidays, but he's staying at home),
    Girl - she's not allowed to go on holidays with friends, questions were what does her parents say about her friends(they drink too much), what did she promise her parents(I said she wouldn't drink and go to a bar, not sure that's right though, I heard bar, but then realised that could've just been boire), and what is it she loves about Italy(she says loads, pizza, it's beautiful, the beaches, the markets etc.)

Section 4: VERY DIFFICULT AND FAST WITH STRONG MURMURING ACCENTFireman - what are his functions as a firefighter(I said saving victims and protecting people and the environment, what did he have to do to get in to the job, what did he do straight after he got the job(not the question word for word but it's the idea), how long does an average firefighting job last(39 years, but be careful, the first sentence says 60/65, that's the age they retire, not how long the job lasts), what is important for families of firefighters to know(I have no clue what the answer was, it was speaking normally then all of a sudden for one sentence he goes of on a tangent, that's obviously where the answer was - I guessed 100% that's it's dangerous and the hours are long :D)

Section 5: news items
    1st: Where exactly did the fight take place? (in the car park)
    2nd: Weather = drought(sécheresse) this part is only like 4 seconds long, it's really fast)
    3rd: (i)Why did the man jump into the water(something about saving a girl and a woman who were brought to hospital after)
    (ii) What happened to him afterwards?(Wasn't found)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 norbelles

Megan143 wrote: »
    poets:
    -Dickinson
    -Yeats
    -Heaney

Comparative:
    -Theme or Issue

Macbeth Question:

Yes they are. I just did my Examcraft paper two today

Pretty much went like:
    Yeats expressesa lot of interesting themes through the use of descriptive language.

Ahh, I did Yeats but he Heaney was about nostalgia and shocking insights in to life

Ahh I dont know the Dickinson question but I do remember the Macbeth ones. There was The Strenghts and Weaknesses of Lady Macbeth lead to her downfall and also there was a question somewhat about kingship

The Comparative had General View Point and There or Issue. I didnt study general viewpoint so I didnt read it but the first question for theme or issue was just how did a theme or issue affect attitudes and opinion. really broad like
    MrAweesome wrote: »
    Is
    Lady Macbeth
    on both of papers?

yes she is

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kksarah

english P1 Deb
    theme was villans and hero real easy question a , question b
    diary of a usa
    marine navy, letter to newspaper stating difference between girls
    and boy
    equality or something and then this letter about finding something

fascination (weird) , composing was short story on effect of rumours , being

couragous , magazine article on escaping life , and acting in a way to
    fulfil
    expectations

Home ec DEB
    Deb real hard, vit A came up for Q1 long question ,
    meat processing q2 , q3
    or something on like microbiolgy q4 about mortgages and
    stuff , q5 how
    social and economic factos have affected roles in the family ,
    resolving
    conflict and something else
    social elective on education , rural
    -urban
    and cumpolsary q on why MNC find ireland attractive to set up in
    and
    the IDA , co -ops and cotage industries , nasty paper

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smileitscool

Okay I am super confused by how the Irish is being put up on here, there are some people just guessing and some just saying whats not on it according to their teachers....is there anyone who has actually done the HL Examcraft for Irish or has a definite answer from their teacher about the poems and story that are coming up, I have already seen the An Trail question about
    Maire being abandoned by everyone
    , but is
    Geibheann
    the Examcraft poem or not ? :cool:
    Thanks for your help if anyone has the and if that is the poem does anyone know the specific question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

English Examcraft
    milanman22 wrote: »
    does anybody know the English paper 1 part b's for all the three texts on examcraft... thanks
    TEXT 1: Write an article for an online blog about censorship in the digital age. TEXT 2: Imagine you are asked by the principal to talk to incoming first years about making the most of their education. Write the text of the speech you would give. TEXT 3:Write the text of an interview, both the questions and the answers, in which you interview a person you consider to have your dream job. In your interview, you should identify both the aspects of the job that make it desirable and make it difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smileitscool

English Examcraft
    milanman22 wrote: »
    does anybody know the English paper 1 part b's for all the three texts on examcraft... thanks

Yeah the have already been posted but sure I have them here:
    1)
    Write an article for an online blog about censorship in the digital age
    2)
    Imagine you are asked by the principal to talk to incoming first years about making the most of their education. Write the text of the speech you would give
    3)
    Write the text of an interview, both the questions and the answers, in which you interview a person you consider to have your dream job. In your interview you should identify both the aspects of the job that make it desirable and make it difficult

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

Just did the DEB French Paper. Not sure if anyone still needs it but I'll post it anyway.
    Q1 a) You get a telephone call from your friend. Tell the story of why she is ringing
    b) Money is the most important thing to people. Agree/Disagree

Q2 You would like to go to a music festival this Summer but your parents said that you can't. Note your reactions in your diary.

Q3 Something about nuclear energy.

Q4 Importance of physical activity to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Irish
    Okay I am super confused by how the Irish is being put up on here, there are some people just guessing and some just saying whats not on it according to their teachers....is there anyone who has actually done the HL Examcraft for Irish or has a definite answer from their teacher about the poems and story that are coming up, I have already seen the An Trail question about
    Maire being abandoned by everyone
    , but is
    Geibheann
    the Examcraft poem or not ? :cool:
    Thanks for your help if anyone has the and if that is the poem does anyone know the specific question ?
    geibheann
    definitely isn't examcraft! we're getting
    colscaradh and cáca milis
    for examcraft, our teacher told us :) haven't done the paper yet so not sure of exact question, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chloe12

German Aural

Anyone have anything for german? Im not sure ifit was debs or examcraft but the listening had about
    the journalist in it, and the man complaining about a hotel,
    does anyone know which paper this is and do they have any hints? Please and thank you :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JasB14

Home Ec DEB HL
    was it
    meat and protein
    that came up as a question 1 by any chance?:(

Nope!
    meat production
    is Q2!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Irish DEB
    just wondering if anyone knows the 'Thig na Thit Orm' question that comes up on either Debs or Examcraft Irish HL?:)

Someone said a couple of pages ago that DEB was about
    bua na scéalaíochta & sainchiomharthaí na dírbeathaisnéise
    Don't think anybody has posted Examcraft yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BeGrand69

A few tips on Biology, not 100% sure but almost certain its DEBS:
    [Section C: Ecology Genetics]

[Exp: Germination, Starch agar, TV section of dicot

Thats all I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scatmanba

hi so I did DEB MATHS PAPER 1 today.... Deadly.

spoilers:
    question 1: grand was just algebra solve for x and then sketch f'(x) and f''(x) on the graph
    question 2: complex numbers. difficult. ' geometric sequence ' including complex numbers. use de moivre to find missing a and b where z^6 = a +bi. write complex no in polar form.
    question 3: inequality question along with function question. not too bad
    question 4: sequences and series. differentiate squared root of e. differentiate xsin2x ( this is uv ) then there was small bit integration
    not sure now of 5 and 6
    question 7: horrible, on logs and rate of change, yuck
    question 8: logs- counting trout, grand, just tedious
    question 9: this was to do with speed velocity and like one of those qs where they give velocity is given by (3 functions depending on what t value ) last part of this question a bit of functions

As you can see I'm actually kinda confused as to what came up it was such a blur. hopefully over 50 percent anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

aoife1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the specific Poetry and (spoiler) (Gvv) questions in english paper 2 hl deb? I have done deb english paper 1 if thats any help to anyone
    Well, post hints then if you're going to; don't wave it like a fishing hook! :)
    This thread has gone to sh**. Ye're all making the same requests... It's the weekend in case ye didn't notice there's no school. No school = no pre-exams. If no one had such and such a paper on Friday asking again 5 times on Sunday isn't going to make someone go "Oh Jaysus yeah I did actually have that paper I completely forgot, you only reminded me there, got some class spoilers for you now"
    laylaax wrote: »
    It's driving me crazy when people keep requesting stuff that's all ready been posted ! All you have to do is read through the post and you will find it
    Another annoying thing is "Ive got such and such if anyone wants me to post it" or "I have ____ PM if interested."
    You're in a thread dedicated to posting spoilers obviously people want to know what's on the papers so just post it if you have anything.

They have a point, you know!!

Unless you have pretty specific questions about a question on a paper (e.g. if the info given here was unclear) constant post of "Anyone got ..........." are only cluttering the thread and making stuff harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LC12395

**possibly DEB**
    Long Q.:
    Q1 mostly on Supply
    Q2 Full Imperfect Comp.
    Q3 PED and part c was to do with what the govt could do to combat obesity
    Q4Land, Property Prices, why small and medium businesses are closing and how the govt can prevent this, what businesses should consider before choosing an area to locate in
    Q7 Govt aims, Canons of Taxation and LPT- Progressive/Regressive and advantages and disadvantages

Law of Comparative advantage came up too
    Stuff about LDCs
    LDMR
    Black Economy
    CPI-calculate
    Free GP care for under 5s
    Mixed Economy
    MC and MR

I think there was also a Q on the multiplier

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BeGrand69

Anyone have anything on business? Examcraft or DEBS.

Ive been told to learn;
    (spoiler) European Union, Management, Ratios
    thoroughly but not sure which mock paper its from

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bellaxo

an irish teacher in
    my school told her students Humbarloc was coming u
    p!? what paper is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoife1

Irish
    Bellaxo wrote: »
    an irish teacher in my school told her students
    Humbarloc
    was coming up!? what paper is this?
    Dis
    is coming up for deb so it must be exam craft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Only post here if you have a spoiler for the Mocks and know what company it is.

Not hearsay, not whispered hints, just actual information.
    Non-spoilered posts will be deleted, as will requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Owen.N

Biology (Examcraft)

quagmiren wrote: »
    I need topics on the long questions
    Photosynthesis, Plant and animal reproduction, Genetics, Ecology, Human Breathing, Blood(Hepatic portal vein, closed system), Plant tissue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 LC12395

HL Economics
    Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Can you remember what factor of production came up? And what did they ask about
    law of comparative and anything specific on suply?
    thanks!

The factors of production question is Q4
    on Land
    I didn't do the
    Law of Comparative Advantage Q
    so I can't remember. You need to pretty much know
    Supply inside out, know the Law of S and the Law of D, what causes movement along the S curve and what causes it to shift etc. Know factors that affect S. Complementary goods and related goods definitions.

Advertisement