Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 3Brid

DEB Home Ec

The examcraft Home Ec exam has already been posted. DEB long questions are on:
    Teenagers Diet in School and the foods available in Irish schools,Meat and processing of meat and the Social Studies question is on the family changing and how to resolve conflict. I did the Social Elective which was on the low corporation tax in ireland, education or the family moving to urban areas.

That's all I can remember.. It's not a very hard exam :) Much easier than the examcraft!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 3Brid

Heynow. wrote: »
    Can you remember what the DEB short questions Are by any chance? :-)
    Someone already posted this-

Hi this is 2014 Debs home economics HL
    short questions are to do with
    • smoke point and flah point what are they and temperature they occur
    • difference between folate and folic acid
    • examples of chromo protein nucleoprotein lipidportein
    • food proceesing
    • functions of thiamine
    • morgage protection policy and house protection policy what are they?
    • osteoporosis
      • Long questions
      • food question with diagram know functions of lipids protein carbahydrotes calcium and sodium
      • how does adverts and nutrional guidelines make us aware of functional foods
      • The family different structures, how its changed,
      • what is legal separtiona nd legal nutility
      • there was a long question about micro biolgy so know what fermentation is
      • social elective
      • difference between urban and rural families
      • work
      • mostly comparing rural and urban areas tbh.

Hope this helps :)

Note - company not fully confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

Please does anyone have anything chemistry related, either DEB or Examcraft, would be a great help !

Examcraft Chemistry
    EXP 1 - Iron tablets
    EXP 2 - Preparation of Ethyne
    EXP 3 - Production of oxygen

Long questions
    Short questions
    Trends in periodic table
    Water PH
    Chem equilibrium
    Atmospheric chemistry
    Fractional distillation

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Joe0873

History deb .... Our teacher hinted towards studying these essays .... She did not say for definite that they were coming up but it might help someone out..

jarrow march causes and consequences..
    1913 lockout
    Wilhelms aggressive foreign policy (navel race)
    She said the treaty was a sure thing

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

DEB Accounting
    Bobstee34 wrote: »
    Anyone with deb acc able to tell me ratio question it is ( like share holder etc)?

debenture holders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

I know the aistí were already posted but here are na scéalta ague na diospóireachtaí
    Scéal

1.Is fada an bóthar nach mbíonn casadh ann
    2.Crógacht

Diospóireacht

1.Tábhacht an Spórt agus an Gníomhaíocht
    2.Níl dualgas ar bith ar an Stát fostaíocht i gcomhair daoine óga

Sorry if they're not exactly the same wording but it's off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 35 smtp95

On my English HL paper 2 the Yeats question is something like
    the
    real world and the imaginary world in his poetry.
    . This is just a hint from my teacher as I haven't started my mocks yet.

Could someone tell me whether this is DEB or Examcraft?

Journalistic Text on childhood obesity. The sentence you have to say in a different way in Spanish is "Poner al niño en movimiento"
    Other Long comprehension is on bullying through tecnology. Kids are being abused online and so forth.
    Essays is on "New technology has provoked a new form of school age bullying" or "parents need to monitor what their children do online"
    Dialogue is about planning for a party. Good few subjunctive bits in here remember "no creo que + (subjunctive), quiero que + (subjunctive)
    Note is on you going out with some friends from school. You tell your penpal that he rang earlier. He wants her to call him back (quiere que + subjunctive) when she gets home. Tell her not to worry about you as you have money for a taxi and you'll come back early.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 msblahblah95

DEBs HL ENGLISH PAPER 2
    ''Lady macbeth is a complex villain but her guilt torments her''

General viewpoint
    Cultural context

Poets:
    Heaney
    Larkin
    Yeats
    Dickinson

If anyone any more information such as you did a different single text please don't hesitate to pm me :)Good luck folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lanarty56

Higher level history DEB
    treaty

Cumman na nGhaedhal

Main characteristics of the Nazi State

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Irish
    multimate wrote: »
    did
    dis and spalpín fanach
    come up on both deb and examcraft hl irish papers

I'm getting examcraft papers and
    every Irish teacher in my school as been going over Caca Milis/Lasairchollie and Spalpín Fánach for the past week.
    I'm not doing my paper 2 until next week though so I can't confirm anything. :)

Debs HL ENGLISH 2014
    Comparative:-
    Cultural context:-

1.‘’The way in which social forces liberate or restrict the central characters can broaden our understanding of the cultural context of a text’’
    Compare the way in which the central characters were restricted or liberated by social forces to help to broaden your understanding of the cultural context on at least 2 texts on your comparative course.

2. ‘’Understanding attitudes to gender roles can offer the reader a valuble insight into the cultural context of a text’’
    (a) Discuss how Understanding attitudes to gender roles offered you a a valuble insight into the cultural context of 1 text that you have studied on your comparative course. (30)
    (b) Compare the way in which attitudes to gender roles offered you a a valuble insight into the cultural context of 2 other texts that you have studied on your comparative course (40)

General Viewpoint:-
    Q1 ‘’Relationships between central characters which prove constructive or destructive often shape a reader’s understanding of the general vision and viewpoint of a text’’
    Compare the extent to which the relationships in at least 2 texts you have studied on your comparative course helped to shape your understanding of the general vision and viewpoint of those texts.

Viewpoint Q.2 :''the general vision and viewpoint of a text can be interpreted by a reader's response to key moments in that text''
    (a) With reference to one text on your comparative course, describe how key moments in the text shaped your personal response and helped you to interpret to general vision and viewpoint of that text. (30)
    (b) With reference to two other texts on your comparative course, compare the way in which key moments in the text shaped your personal response and helped you to interpret to general vision and viewpoint of those texts. (40)

Poets

ED: ''Dickinson's poetry communicates intense observations through thought-provoking images and unique use of language
    Do you agree with this assessment with her poetry? Support ypur answer with suitable reference to her poetry.

Yeats: ''Yeats, creative use of language and imagery highlights the profound ideas expressed in his poetry''
    In your opinion, is this a fair assessment of his poetry? Support your answer with suitable reference to his poetry.

‘’Heaney uses evocative language and imagery to lend universal significance to his personal experiences of life’’
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Support your answer with suitable reference to his poetry

Debs HL ENGLISH 2014
    Sorry forgot to write the 4th poet.
    ''Larkin's well-chosen language helps the reader to relate to his personal insights on life''
    Write your response to this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to his poetry.

DEBS HL ENGLISH
    Macbeth:-
    (i) Lady Macbeth is a complex villain who ultimately fails to bear the torments of her guilt''
    Discuss this view of lady macbeth, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.
    Or
    (ii) ''Shakespeare's Play, MACBETH, presents the audience with many moments of despair contrasted with few glimpses of hope''
    Discuss this statement with suitable reference to the text
    Part Bs to Paper 1
    1= television and film are often accused of stereotyping both men and women in a certain way. Write a letter to a national newspaper expressing your views on the matter.
    2= You're a us.marine. write two diary entries one before and one after your arrival in the warzone.
    3= Imagine that, as a reporter for a local newspaper, you have uncovered an important issue in the public interest. Write a proposal to your editor in which you explain what you discovered and describe how you would like to expose what you found.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭electric applause

Irish

Does anyone have any examcraft HL Gaeilge spoilers?

I don't know what type of papers we're getting but from other spoilers, DEB is
    Dís and Spailpín
    and we were told our prós wouldnt be that and we were told to "know
    Géibheann
    really really REALLY well" ...so take from that what you will.

I'm praying for anything but Dís to appear on my leaving cert. It's the most pointless, boring, irrelevant thing on the entire leaving cert course.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

HL DEBS maths paper 2
    Statistics (Z scores)
    Circle
    Theorem 13
    Tan identity + tan questions
    Probability tree diagram

Context + applications
    Statistics questions - null hypothesis, 5% interval level etc...
    Circle question about the london eye (good luck with this one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gossipgirlxoxo

Hi i have HL Art history. Which i believe it examshaft because it has the barcode on the top right hand side. I'm narrowing this down a bit. Anyone who has other
    queires about the art history exam can pm me :)
    section 1: Newgrange, Bronze age, learn gorget and lock rings, irish Romanesque architecture.

Section 2 : Romanesque architecture plus learn a romansque sculpture.
    Leonardo da vinci, pop art, surrealism, cubism, the bauhaus.

Section 3 : Writing a report about an exhition of art or craftwork (gallery question)
    , For product design its describing the titanic belfast.

Again any artists i might have not mentioned may have come up on the paper. So any queries pm me if need be :)

Do you know who any of the other artists were in the European section (section 2)? because someone said on another thread about Art History HL exam craft, that
    apart from that^ artist in sect 2, 1 other renaissance artist was coming up? was wondering if it was a given artist on the paper or if it was a renaissance artisit of your choice ?

Examcraft Irish HL
    Bellaxo wrote: »
    anyone know what pros and filliocht are on examraft irish hl???

We've been told to study
    Géibheann
    and that
    Dís, Oísín or Spailpín
    are not coming up on our paper. Thats all I can help you with though, I'm afraid!

(Also, these were just tips, I haven't seen the paper yet so if anyone has, hints would be greatly appreciated, GRMA) :)

Classical Studies has not been mentioned in any previous posts.. Has anyone completed their Classics Exam Craft exam yet? If so please post some spoilers but if not could classics students please post any hints they might have gotten off teachers or other students etc, be much appreciated :) If you have completed the mock paper (preferably Exam Craft because I think that is what my schools getting) or when you do could you please post anything on what came up! Its such a vast course so would be so great if anyone at all could help! :)

Less than 400 people do Classical studies every year out of like 60,000 to 70,000 students. I doubt you'll find anyone with the paper here. I don't think Examcraft would even do them..? How would they make a profit? Your teacher is probably going to make the paper.

HL Art history examcraft

There is a question in which you have to answer a b and c on q13:-
    Choose and name a work that fits into one of the following catergories:
    • a lanscape
    • a painting that includes children
    • a work by michaelangelo
    • a self-porait of a named artist
    • a sculpture by Roden
    • a religious painting or sculpture
    (b) Discuss the work you have chosen in detail, making refernce to the artist, style, composition, materials, techniques and the period in which it was produced.

and
    (c) Name, briefly describe and discuss one other work by the artist you have chosen.
    IIlustrate your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 asdfghjkl1234

Chemistry
    Havent done the chemistry paper yet but our teacher told us that the first question is
    the vinegar titration
    ... Sorry thats all i know haha !!

Irish HL examcraft
    Awhlad wrote: »
    Irish HL exam craft anyone ??

All I know is
    Géibheann
    is "supposed to" come up (according to my teacher's not-so-subtle hints) and that
    Dís, Óisín or Spailpín
    are not coming up.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help :)

From what I've gathered in this thread, here are a list of all the possible English essays.

I don't know what papers they come from, but I'll group them all together so you only have to plan for one essay from each group if you don't know what type of mock paper you're getting - like me.

Group 1 - suggested to be Examcraft - Mod
    Article on the benefits of schoolwork
    Personal Essay on creativity in modern life
    Short Story where actions have repercussions
    Article for a magazine on the importance of goal setting
    Speech to an international audience on changes you would like to see in the world
    Personal Essay on what you will miss after school has ended
    Short Story where the issue of identity is central

Group 2 - suggested to be DEB - Mod
    Article for a school magazine about the need to escape from everyday life
    Personal Essay about the pressure to conform with other people's expectations
    Short Story where the central character acts in a courageous manner
    Speech for or against the motion "Truth is undervalued in today's world"
    Article for a magazine about your views on crime and punishment in today's society
    Descriptive Essay with the title "A Perfect World"
    Short Story where rumours/gossip plays a significant part in the protagonists life.

I don't know which set is examcraft or which is DEB, sorry guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maria0710

My Grinds teacher just told us the Examcraft Higher level Irish paper! We're getting
    Colscaradh and Caca Milis, not sure of the questions but the An Triail question is supposed to be all about Maire and how everybody abandons her!
    :)

English HL
    yayakolo wrote: »
    can someone tell me if
    Dickinson
    is on both English HL pres. I don't wanna know anything else

From what I heard the poets for Examcraft are
    Dickinson
    Heaney
    Yeats
    Plath

And DEB
    Dickinson
    Yeats
    Heaney
    Larkin

This is just from what I have heard on here and for friends. So it's not first hand but it's the best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

Irish HL P2
    we were told by our teacher not to bother learning geibheann or gnathrud so I take it we are getting debs because I've read on here that geibheann is on examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

HL Maths Paper 1 & 2 what to revise
    PAPER 1:
    -Cubic equation and 1 factor given, find 2 other factors and roots
    -Complex numbers, polar form and de moivre's theorem
    -Inequalities such as (x+2)/(x+1)<7
    -Functions - make sure you know what is bijective, surjective... (def), range, domain, sketch y=e^x
    -Constructing root2 or root3
    -Sequences & patterns, find a,d or r
    -Calculus, know how to differentiate/integrate e^x, sin/cos etc...
    -Financial Maths (haven't done this in my class yet

PAPER 2:
    - z-score (similar question in 2013 papers)
    - Tree diagram (no idea whats this)
    - Perpendicular lines formula
    - Circle, find center, radius, perp. distance, equation of second circle
    - Trigonometric proofs
    - Theorem (prove that triangles are similar)
    - Problem solving Qn
    - Sampling definitions
    - Coefficient of correlation (r)
    - 95% confidence level

Those are questions that are coming up, so make sure you revise that :)
    EDIT: I don't have papers, those are tips I got from my teacher, good luck everyone!

OL Maths, we were told the topics by our teacher. Don't know what type of papers though, sorry guys!
    Paper 1
    Q1 Algebra (Solving fractions, inequalities, simultaneous eq. etc.)
    Q2 Area
    Q3 Complex Numbers ( +-*/..plot..dilations/contractions/rotations)
    Q4 Differentiation
    Q5 Functions (Graphs)
    Q6 Income Tax etc
    Q7 Graphs (Rates of change, Dads Silly Triangle)
    Q8 Patterns
    Q9 Area & Volume (Max..)

Paper 2
    Q1 Probability (Chance of Venn Diagrams...)
    Q2 Statistics
    Q3 The Line
    Q4 The Circle
    Q5 Volume
    Q6 Geometry
    ...(a)Construction from New LC OL Course
    or
    ...(b)Theorem from JC Material
    Q7 Statistics (know the definitions!!)
    Q8 Trigonometry

Nothing here is written in stone mind! As soon as I sit the papers, I'll let ye know. We don't start til Friday the 7th :(

Biology HL

Again, this is a mixture of everything for those who don't know what type of paper they'll be sitting.

I don't know whats on what paper, theyre all a bit jumbled up, so i'm sorry!

Short Q topics
    Food
    Cell Division and Structure
    Nervous System
    Respiration & Energy Carriers
    Micro-Organisms
    Digestion
    Viruses
    Organs

Experiments
    Enzymes
    Germination
    DNA
    Yeast
    IAA on plant tissue
    Effect of heat, temp & pH on Catalase Activity
    Effect of water, temp & oxygen on Germination
    Osmosis

Long Q topics
    Photosynthesis
    Genetics
    Excretion
    Sexual Reproduction (Plants)
    Sexual Reproduction (Humans)
    Enzymes
    Bacteria/Fungi
    Circulatory System
    Plants (Structure & Transport)
    Human Breathing
    Vegetative Propagation
    Anatomy & Homeostasis
    Portal System & Hepatic Portal Vein

This is just a big accumulation of all the biology hints that have been posted in dribs and drabs on this thread! Not sitting the paper til Friday the 14th, so i don't know if I'll be much help to anyone then if I post it that late!

• Advertisement

Business
    anyone have any business topics

Ratios are supposed to be
    Return on Investment (ROI)
    Current Ratios
    Acid Test Ratios
    Debt/Equity

Thats all I know, sorry!

Advertisement