Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

I dunno if he forgot to put one up or not cause he was saying he read out a podcast email in the last one but it was just him and Alan...don't remember that.

Anyways good aul podcast with Ray and JP, randomness! I do miss Shauna on them I must say, her and Ann were great on them but I guess TodayFM has stopped them both appearing on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

great to have it back, voicemails are a weird thing to obsess about !

There seem to be some serious grief which he constantly alludes too and keeps saying we will talk about it - so ok im interested talk about it !!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I always thought they were just taking the piss when saying Today FM had stopped Shauna from being on the show, but there seemed to be some genuine aggro there on the latest episode... Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I always thought they were just taking the piss when saying Today FM had stopped Shauna from being on the show, but there seemed to be some genuine aggro there on the latest episode... Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

nope i defo think you are right, shauna seemed very reluctant to interact and the way she reacted when ray mentioned about them being on the podcast also the way he was so negative about today fm now after the call to her, but that could be a dermot and dave thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I feel like the podcast hasn't found it's groove yet. A lot of the time it just feels like a podcast is getting going and it's over.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it and am a regular listener but the potential for this podcast is huge I feel and they could maybe sort out all the messing around with Skype and sound issues beforehand and get a settled 3 man crew for a few episodes in a row. I miss the banter between JP and Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

nope i defo think you are right, shauna seemed very reluctant to interact and the way she reacted when ray mentioned about them being on the podcast also the way he was so negative about today fm now after the call to her, but that could be a dermot and dave thing !

Not the mention the D'Arcy thing. There defo seems to be genuine animosity there and wonder did it start before or after the departure. I know it's different staff but aren't both 98 and Today owned by Dennis O'Brian?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

New podcast up now :-)

Good podcast this week. I love that 30 seconds game but Al and JP got tired of it after a few goes each.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lost my sh*t when JP was like "Are they not into that 'scissoring' sh*te?" :pac:

Been listening to a few old podcasts while I work tonight, and now I can't stop saying "Wha-ta-f*ck!" and "Oh jeeeshus!". I need help. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

now I can't stop saying "Wha-ta-f*ck!"

Yeah me too! Is that from a film or tv show?

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Yeah me too! Is that from a film or tv show?

I can't believe you don't f*ckin' know iiitt!

:P

It's an impression of Bill Burr AFAIK.

I can't believe you don't f*ckin' know iiitt!

:P

It's an impression of Bill Burr AFAIK.
    Just googled him there. funny guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monday Morning Podcast is well worth a listen. You have to get used to the tone and his humour (it's just a long, solo stream of consciousness), but once you do you're set.

New podcast is up

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

New podcast up this morning. He is on the ball this week :-)

Last weeks was definitely one of the best, easily passed the 6 laugh test ! Really enjoyed it

buster180 wrote: »
    New podcast up this morning. He is on the ball this week :-)

Al has taken over upload duties so maybe that has something to do with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Can people download these podcasts? Mine keep on failing!

pedatron wrote: »
    Can people download these podcasts? Mine keep on failing!

They're all available on soundcloud. He cancelled his Podbean subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I really wish this podcast was more regular. :(

It's the only cast I subscribe to that I know I'll enjoy every episode of. All the others I listen to are regular as clockwork but depend on the guest and/or the subject matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

At least they're consistent in their irregularity!

New one up!

Link: https://soundcloud.com/nighttimenetwork/ntn-27-20141104

Seems like the days of it being on iTunes may be over. Nothing showing up for me....

Yeah I am hoping that he can sort out the iTunes upload from Soundcloud like he does with the show!

Excellent podcast though, love the longer ones!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Yeah I am hoping that he can sort out the iTunes upload from Soundcloud like he does with the show!

Excellent podcast though, love the longer ones!

Don't think he plans on doing that. They talked about it in one of the earlier podcasts. Think it'll be soundcloud only from now on.

Don't think he plans on doing that. They talked about it in one of the earlier podcasts. Think it'll be soundcloud only from now on.

If you look at the times played counter for each podcast it's rarely over 50! I really hope they keep this going! Tell your friends! :)

I'm delighted to have it but I really think if they want to build it up they need consistency. I understand they've lives and have things to do but i really think they'd build an audience if they could do one a week or at least fortnightly. They are a genuinely funny group!

I see Ray doesn't want to use his twitter to push it either and keep it separate from the breakfast show. Understandable with the content in it but I still think there are lots of people that don't know this exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd say they just do it for kicks tbh and don't care about listenership figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 carnin

Yeah, I was afraid this was going to happen a while back alright.

So, I don't suppose anyone knows if you can subscribe to the soundcloud feed with Downcast? I've had a look at the Soundcloud app and really don't like it.
    Plus I use Downcast for all the other podcasts I listen to, so it would be handy.

Pain in the arse, that's what this is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I use downcast too, and can't get the podcast. Pain in the tits.

Advertisement