Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Isolation (PS4/Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Was it necessary for them to suck it three times? Are you Chris Brown?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This game has been brilliant so far. I've played about 4 - 5 hours worth and I've found the pacing to be great in it.

Going from
    LV-426, to getting rid of the alien, to fighting/hiding from humans and then androids and some simple puzzles along the way
    . It's kept the whole experience quite fresh so far.

Only thing I'm worried by is the "false" endings. I can imagine that will get pretty frustrating after a while. For now, looking forward to playing some more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

got a good bit in tonight chapter 10 was so hard probly the longest chapter for me so far anyone else like that?? the end of chapter 10 was awesome though

how many chapters are there in total is it

I have the crew expendable dlc how long does that last roughly and do I get to play as ripley on that I got the nostromo edition??

im loving the game I was suprised to pickup a
    shotgun/magnum and to see the ship thing they land on in the first movie

glad I stay away from in depth game news lately because it pays when you know less about the game sometimes they release too much info IMO

tok9 wrote: »
    You know what.. I'm wrong. At times the game can be terrifying! :)

And your a tough man to scare tok!

There's no way I could play this game with a headset / lights off combo :o

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And your a tough man to scare tok!

There's no way I could play this game with a headset / lights off combo :o

Oh ya.. tough out! :) That's the only way it should be played... add the Oculus for perfection I imagine.

Anyway I don't know what more to say on Alien.. I wouldn't necessarily say it's getting better but I'm loving every minute of it. It just feels so fresh.

I'm after completing the fifteenth chapter there so I might even finish it tomorrow although Wednesday is more likely.

I assume I hit a bug at the beginning of the next chapter as it didn't give me any objective so I just went off searching the whole area. Then hopped in one of the transits and finally I was told I was going the wrong way. Odd one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Making slow progress on it due to being knackered at night or being away, the only way I'm able to play it though is with a headset and a dim lamp in the corner since it's the HTPC in the sitting room so I'm constantly shìtting myself.

I'll have to try the Oculus but I'll need some dutch courage on that one.

It's true about the androids, they're terrifying bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Making slow progress on it due to being knackered at night or being away, the only way I'm able to play it though is with a headset and a dim lamp in the corner since it's the HTPC in the sitting room so I'm constantly shìtting myself.

I'll have to try the Oculus but I'll need some dutch courage on that one.

Yeah I was all bravado on here a week ago "I'll be getting this with my new XO Fours laaaaads" fecking stroking the ego off myself.

Seen one video with the androids and I said fook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Duggy747 wrote: »

Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ʜʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴄᴀʟ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

biggebruv wrote: »

I have the crew expendable dlc how long does that last roughly and do I get to play as ripley on that I got the nostromo edition??

Played it last night, it pretty much the second half of the originally Alien movie. Probably only an hour or so of gameplay, small map to play in but plenty of characters to use. Quite fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just played a couple of hours of this over the weekend. Got to the point where you have the first meeting with the Alien. I rambled over to the lift, pressed the button. Lift takes ages. C'mooon FFS! Music ramps up. Straight lift from the end of Aliens! Then I walked into the lift and looked out into the room waiting for the door to close. Basically all I saw was a shimmering movement in the darkness. Next thing, it closes the distance and lands in the lift with me in a split second. Game over man.

This is going to be a tough game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

How come Xtra-Vision and HMV aren't stocking this?? Bit surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

qbhod wrote: »
    How come Xtra-Vision and HMV aren't stocking this?? Bit surprised

Since Xtravision went into receivership, I'd imagine certain suppliers won't want to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Gonna get back to this game tonight. Got stuck a little bit last time I played it.

Also I made this: http://a.pomf.se/uotauz.webm

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

madcabbage wrote: »
    Since Xtravision went into receivership, I'd imagine certain suppliers won't want to deal with them.

Not sure, think they're doing ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Im half way through chapter 6 and finding the game to be amazing from the get go.. i didnt think it was possible to get a licensed movie game this good. Creative assembly have really delivered on this.

alien_attack__by_chabbles-d82vaey.gif

Im half way through chapter 6 and finding the game to be amazing from the get go.. i didnt think it was possible to get a licensed movie game this good. Creative assembly have really delivered on this.

alien_attack__by_chabbles-d82vaey.gif

I love that death scene I imagine that would be really freaky on the rift.

Its great how they made the xeno something to be fearfull off again the creature is terrifying when you think about what it can do but over the years the crappy games and crappy VS sequels lost that aspect to it but here they regained it big time.

I think im coming upto the end now iv enjoyed the hell out of the game and will replay it again maybe on normal for that one though LOL im glad theres more to the game than simply being chased ,run and hide, press switch run hide which is what outlast did for every chapter I know outlast is an indie game so im not gonna bash it because I love it

but aliens item crafting and limited weapon useage are all done to perfection I think

as for the length issue its probley 2 chapters longer than it should be I think but its not a major issue hardly worth docking points for a review IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Its not really freaky on the rift, it gets old fast. It looks impressive enough with the drool rolling down as you look up at him.

Its not really freaky on the rift, it gets old fast. It looks impressive enough with the drool rolling down as you look up at him.

yeah I know the death scenes get old fast hes such a bastard that alien:D
    he was at his worst for me on chapter 10:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I'm not sure what chapter I'm on but yeah hes killed me plenty!

Well it looks like I've hit a major glitch in the game.

As I said int he last post I got no objective marker.. now I do and I've moved to the area.

When I get there the elevator door in front of me eventually just disappears and and can't use the left analog stick to look around.. it just doesn't work anymore.

Apparently it's linked to saving in the chapter before so I have to go back and play that to progress :(

• Advertisement

Just finished it great game

end spoilers
    the quicktime event ending was lame though they could have made more of a fight thing outta that instead of look left right then X

the ending of chapter 10 was alot more epic with the spaceship rolling around in some ways I wish that was the end of the game

Just finished it myself too.

On the whole I thought it was excellent and would highly recommend to any Alien fan.

I understand the criticism regarding the false endings however I would say that's really only dedicated to the last chapter.

As for the ending itself,
    it's pretty disappointing. Probably the most disappointing aspect of the game. It would have been nice to have some closure for Ripley's sake but who knows.. maybe she'll find herself in another poor situation :)
    Also, I really loved that whole nest section just because I didn't really expect it for some reason. Motion sensor going crazy, facehuggers etc. Just so good.

I was surprised after seeing the nest that we didn't see a Queen somewhere else in the game.

I'll probably play through survivor and the Nostromo dlc tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Are people playing this on the PS3 or PS4?

I'm just curious if there's much of a difference in graphics between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I thought I'd do a video review over written cause it be quicker.

nope it's over an hour long so I think that shows how difficult it has been for me to express my love for this game.

I'm tempted to go back and test some things

do androids follow you into vents? I know the alien can. But it would be funny to see androids crawling in after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I thought I'd do a video review over written cause it be quicker.

nope it's over an hour long so I think that shows how difficult it has been for me to express my love for this game.

I'm tempted to go back and test some things

do androids follow you into vents? I know the alien can. But it would be funny to see androids crawling in after me.

Yes, if you consider pooping yourself funny

Corvo wrote: »
    Yes, if you consider pooping yourself funny

no I'll poop myself if they keep chasing me in the vent while on fire.

No they don't. They even say they won't go into the vent after you :P

I assumed when I got the Nostromo edition, I got both the crew and last survivor dlc but it seems you only get the crew expendables. Bit annoyed with that.

Going to have a go of survivor mode and leave it there for a while.

Edit: Ah.. I see you need the Ripley edition for that. Screw that anyway.

Regarding the crew expendables (I'll spoiler this even though it's in the Alien movie)
    Going through the vents is terrifying.. surprised something liked that wasn't in the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just played the first 30 minutes there. The Alien-bitch has kept her distance so far.

• Advertisement

Jesus... The Alien seems to be a lot more observant in survivor mode. Just seemed to notice me in areas where it wouldn't have on hard during the main game.

That level is really scary too with a lot of background noise etc.

Advertisement