Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive used it for the iplayer in the past without issue. We wont really know until the network launches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'll give it a try with USA Netflix now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So provided they can take our payment, whats the best VPN to use for online streaming?

This is the biggest if. Hopefully not but you'll likely need an American Credit Card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is the biggest if. Hopefully not but you'll likely need an American Credit Card.

Did they not state if they accept paypal? AFAIK paypal will mask what type of payment will be taken.

Just tried to sign up to Hulu +. They blocked my paypal account because it was non-US....

Was able to sign up using my Credit Card and a Boston Zip code. Thats only a week trial though.

Stream was excellent using Tunnelbear.

Surely Vince and Co will have the sense to allow non-US paypal accounts, secretly knowing we'll all sign up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Just tried to sign up to Hulu +. They blocked my paypal account because it was non-US....

Was able to sign up using my Credit Card and a Boston Zip code. Thats only a week trial though.

Stream was excellent using Tunnelbear.

Surely Vince and Co will have the sense to allow non-US paypal accounts, secretly knowing we'll all sign up!

So Tunnelbear seems to best way to access the WWE Network from here?
    Hola is also meant to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Decobuzz wrote: »
    So Tunnelbear seems to best way to access the WWE Network from here?
    Hola is also meant to be quite good.

I can vouch for Hola, I use it all the time. Just a chrome extension that you click when you want to access a website from a different country. Very easy to use and free!
    You can access it here Hola.org

I can also recommend Playmo.Tv this is what I use to access the American Netflix on my PS3. It also works with loads of other devices by changing your DNS address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So provided they can take our payment, whats the best VPN to use for online streaming?

unblock-us.com say they wont support the WWEN and will investigate it after launch.

I'm pretty happy with unblock-us so I'll give them a few weeks to work on this. If they haven't got anything sorted by a week before Mania then I'll need to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,026 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is anyone going to buy it. Im a big wwe fan so if its available in Ireland ill buy it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is anyone going to buy it. Im a big wwe fan so if its available in Ireland ill buy it

I'm going to buy it as soon as I can, either by VPN or official Irish release date.

• Advertisement

Playmo.tv works the same as UNblock-Us. They need to enable their service for WWE. Should they do this, its likely the best option.

Otherwise, tunnelbear seems the way to go. But isnt available for PS3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer on what content you can expect.
    There is going to be not all that much content of dead 80s promotions.

There will be 5-10 hours a week of material put up and taken off that doesn't fit into the paramters of every DVD release and all the PPVs.

There will be some 80s, but the concentration will be 90s and 00s, WWF, WCW and ECW.

WWE:
    2ry2bzc.jpg

I don't think it has been said in the thread but 1.5% of WWE's entire HUGE library will be available at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's access to the WWE archives and vault of that really interests me at the moment more so than the PPV's I want to look back at some of the history of wrestling that they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It's access to the WWE archives and vault of that really interests me at the moment more so than the PPV's I want to look back at some of the history of wrestling that they have.

Its a combination of both for me. The lure of watching what ever PPV I like in the WWE vaults is very appealing along with the PPVs all included.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a combination of both for me. The lure of watching what ever PPV I like in the WWE vaults is very appealing along with the PPVs all included.

I really got into watching some old PPVs lately. All on YouTube though and pixelated as hell. If I get this it's going to be some shock finding out what Steve Blackman's face looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im sure your imagining him with a Brock Lesnar face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How much of a financial risk is the network and what will happen if they don't reach the number of subscribers they need to at least break even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

It's a calculated risk.As an example WWE made $83.6 million in PPV revenue in 2012 (I'd say that figure for 2013 would be significantly lower). If the company gets 1 million subscribers in year one, it would take in $119.9 million.If you assume 30% of that money would go to the services distributing and delivering the network, then the WWE would still be taking in $83.9 million.WWE's research reckon they could attract 2-3 million in the US alone.

If they don't do well the stock will go down and shareholders will be pissed,but WWE has lots of different revenue streams so they won't be going to the wall if its a flop either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have they said whats going to happen with us over here ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    How much of a financial risk is the network and what will happen if they don't reach the number of subscribers they need to at least break even?

It they get what they are expecting from TV rights fees they should ok if it bombs. Risk to me is possibly damaging the customer perception value wise of the Wrestlemania PPV as well as damaging relationships with PPV carriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I cant see it bombing at all, even my friends who would only watch wrestlemania if there was a big match are on about getting it

List of all the PPVs on the network - http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147

Shocked to see Over The Edge 99 on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Are they going to add all the old Raw's, Smackdown's, Nitro's, and Thunder's to the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That PPV list is class. Serious hours will be spent.

The potential of the network if it takes off is mouthwatering. The historical stuff, old docs, Raw, Smackdown and original stuff akin to that on WWE.com at present.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Are they going to add all the old Raw's, Smackdown's, Nitro's, and Thunder's to the network?

I doubt it very much. I reckon they Raw's and Smackdown's will only date back to the start of 2014 and work their way forward from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That PPV list is class. Serious hours will be spent.

The potential of the network if it takes off is mouthwatering. The historical stuff, old docs, Raw, Smackdown and original stuff akin to that on WWE.com at present.

Indeed, I sold a pile of dvds and being able to watch most of the ppvs I had on demand in better quality is too good to pass up. It's a great value for money service

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed, I sold a pile of dvds and being able to watch most of the ppvs I had on demand in better quality is too good to pass up. It's a great value for money service

Shame it won't be available here from launch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Loughc wrote: »
    I doubt it very much. I reckon they Raw's and Smackdown's will only date back to the start of 2014 and work their way forward from there.

What makes you say that?

x43r0 wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

There's been no mention of them being available in any previous press releases and I think the show, "The Monday Night War" will cover alot of items from Raw and Nitro from 1995 on.

• Advertisement

Will DNS work arounds allowed to be discussed when the network launches?

Advertisement