Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

but1er wrote: »
    Any idea when Parnell pass are up for renewal?
    Next month. Keep an eye on this page

Lads, I've gone with the Hill P Pass for the last few years. I'm thinking of getting a stand ticket instead this year. Where exactly are the stand tickets when games are in croke park? Do you get the same seat each time kind of thing? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Lads, I've gone with the Hill P Pass for the last few years. I'm thinking of getting a stand ticket instead this year. Where exactly are the stand tickets when games are in croke park? Do you get the same seat each time kind of thing? Cheers.

The Parnell Pass Stand ticket would have you in the Cusack among the Season Ticket holders. Sections will vary from 302 to 308 I imagine but I'm not a PP holder so I couldn't be certain. There is no fixed seating so one game you could be 303 Row AA, following game you're 307 row H for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

The Parnell Pass Stand ticket would have you in the Cusack among the Season Ticket holders. Sections will vary from 302 to 308 I imagine but I'm not a PP holder so I couldn't be certain. There is no fixed seating so one game you could be 303 Row AA, following game you're 307 row H for example.

Dead on, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How long have you had the PP? Last year, some season ticket holders did not have as good seats for the big sell out games (such as the AI final and semi final) as they did earlier in the year. They wound up in the Upper Cusack and down at the Canal End. (I refuse to call it the Davin Stand :P)

I think it had something to do with how long they had season tickets. If you had one for a while, you were pretty much locked into a decent seat in the Lower Cusack all year long. But if you only became a season ticket holder in the past couple of years, you were at risk of being shifted as the year went on. I'm not sure, if that policy is also in place for the Parnell Pass.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    How long have you had the PP? Last year, some season ticket holders did not have as good seats for the big sell out games (such as the AI final and semi final) as they did earlier in the year. They wound up in the Upper Cusack and down at the Canal End. (I refuse to call it the Davin Stand :P)

I think it had something to do with how long they had season tickets. If you had one for a while, you were pretty much locked into a decent seat in the Lower Cusack all year long. But if you only became a season ticket holder in the past couple of years, you were at risk of being shifted as the year went on. I'm not sure, if that policy is also in place for the Parnell Pass.

Those latecomers to the season ticket (new from 2012 onwards) most likely purchased an "Upper Tier" stand ticket since renewals were so strong following the 2011 season. That stand ticket is what my dad ended up with when he joined in 2012 and while the league/early Leinster attendances weren't enough to open up the upper tier he got to sit down in the lower. As you say though, as soon as the matches started to fill up he was moved to the upper tiers of the Cusack.

Incidentally we got that fixed for the 2013 season and I asked the GAA if we could sit together and be managed under the one account login. They obliged me after the renewals for 2013 closed and there were some lower-stand tickets freed up and we sit together at the games now in Lower Cusack.

I think the Parnell Pass is a different beast, not least because you've to pick your tickets up in the office.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've heard that if you aren't happy with the seat allocated to you, they will try to accommodate you if you give them a ring. But I imagine that for the likes of the AI final, you'll just be told to be happy that you have a seat at all & to shag off. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah, I've heard that if you aren't happy with the seat allocated to you, they will try to accommodate you if you give them a ring. But I imagine that for the likes of the AI final, you'll just be told to be happy that you have a seat at all & to shag off. :P

The staff that manage the season tickets I have always found to be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The staff that manage the season tickets I have always found to be excellent

the staff are useless i sent 4 emails about a change of email for my log in and just wont change it! Not hard!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I've always found the staff to be really good, helpful and considerate and I've had the ticket since day 1.

copacetic wrote: »
    I've always found the staff to be really good, helpful and considerate and I've had the ticket since day 1.

Same as and I said as much on the GAA Season Ticket 2014 thread too :)

• Advertisement

I wasn't knocking the season ticket staff at all. Anyone I know who has ever had to ring them, had nothing but good things to say about them. But if you want to change seats for a big game like the AI final, because you want to sit beside friends/family, or you just want a better seat, you may not have much joy. The demand for AI final tickets is so great & they are distributed in such a complicated way, it doesn't give them much flexibility.

I wasn't knocking the season ticket staff at all. Anyone I know who has ever had to ring them, had nothing but good things to say about them. But if you want to change seats for a big game like the AI final, because you want to sit beside friends/family, or you just want a better seat, you may not have much joy. The demand for AI final tickets is so great & they are distributed in such a complicated way, it doesn't give them much flexibility.

Ah i know you werent, just thought its nice to say something nice about a system and the staff behind it for once :D

Season ticket is by far the best investment i ever made

Of course it is nice to say something nice. That is why I also said this in my post. :)

"Yeah, I've heard that if you aren't happy with the seat allocated to you, they will try to accommodate you if you give them a ring."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 el_CUERVO

Saw the highlights of the Derry game the other day, great to see Alan Brogan back at his best. Class player. Most natural Dublin forward IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

el_CUERVO wrote: »
    Saw the highlights of the Derry game the other day, great to see Alan Brogan back at his best. Class player. Most natural Dublin forward IMO.

Connolly takes that accolade by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 el_CUERVO

Connolly is talented alright, but to say by a mile is a stretch. He a good player, who can be hot and cold. Was very good against Castlebar,they had the wrong player marking Connolly though. 2012 All Ireland Semi i think Cunniffe marked him, and did a good job.

Also, Connolly is 27 this year and still has no All Star..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Connolly is talented alright, but to say by a mile is a stretch. He a good player, who can be hot and cold. Was very good against Castlebar,they had the wrong player marking Connolly though. 2012 All Ireland Semi i think Cunniffe marked him, and did a good job.

Also, Connolly is 27 this year and still has no All Star..

If you're talking about natural forwards, Connolly is the outstanding candidate by a mile. If it's most effective, or best scorer or whatever else I'd probably have Paul Flynn and Bernard Brogan take the accolades in most categories, but in terms of sheer natural ability, elegance of movement, vision etc Connolly is out on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

Also, Connolly is 27 this year and still has no All Star

He deserved one last year.

I don't think he's the most natural Dublin forward either tbh. Absolutely the most natural athlete Dublin have (his agility for a big lad is astounding) but its easy to argue that the bread and butter stuff for a forward comes more naturally to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

corny wrote: »
    He deserved one last year.

I don't think he's the most natural Dublin forward either tbh. Absolutely the most natural athlete Dublin have (his agility for a big lad is astounding) but its easy to argue that the bread and butter stuff for a forward comes more naturally to others.

Connolly's deficiencies are all mental. He's definitely the most natural footballer on the Dublin panel imo.

An Citeog wrote: »
    Connolly's deficiencies are all mental. He's definitely the most natural footballer on the Dublin panel imo.

Bar the odd occasion he gets involved i don't see mental deficiencies. He applies himself as well as any in the majority of games.

When a defender is able to match Connolly physically they'll limit his influence quite well. He doesn't have great vision, he's not especially accurate shooting at the target and he doesn't have the great footballing brain of a Colm Cooper for example. The qualities that set him apart are mostly physical, thats why he invariably comes to the fore in the second half as others are tiring (the 2011 final against Kerry is a great example).

I'd want my most natural forward to have more of BBs qualities tbh. His instincts can't be coached and are rarely nullified.

PS Having said all that I wouldn't swap Connolly for any HF in the country.:)

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Bar the odd occasion he gets involved i don't see mental deficiencies. He applies himself as well as any in the majority of games.

When a defender is able to match Connolly physically they'll limit his influence quite well. He doesn't have great vision, he's not especially accurate shooting at the target and he doesn't have the great footballing brain of a Colm Cooper for example. The qualities that set him apart are mostly physical, thats why he invariably comes to the fore in the second half as others are tiring (the 2011 final against Kerry is a great example).

I'd want my most natural forward to have more of BBs qualities tbh. His instincts can't be coached and are rarely nullified.

PS Having said all that I wouldn't swap Connolly for any HF in the country.:)

Some of the passes last Monday, WOW!

I am a Connolly convert after that

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Some of the passes last Monday, WOW!

I am a Connolly convert after that

One game playing against lads just not able for him. Brennans passing was, and normally is, far more impressive btw.

He had a super game but it shouldn't be used as the final word.

Sickening way to miss out on playoffs today. Very disappointed that we didn't seem to know what the hell was going on and appeared to be going for goals late on rather than just taking the point we needed.

copacetic wrote: »
    Sickening way to miss out on playoffs today. Very disappointed that we didn't seem to know what the hell was going on and appeared to be going for goals late on rather than just taking the point we needed.

From what I saw it appeared we never got out of 3rd gear and we really, really had to when Tipp got going. It was almost as if Dublin were just confident of winning and were content to be strolling about. There was no real impetus to get stuck in until Tipp took the lead and tried to turn the screw. Gutted at the loss, we're capable of so much more. 3 out of 3 losses on the road this year - lets hope we win the toss against Waterford for the relegation playoff.

From what I saw it appeared we never got out of 3rd gear and we really, really had to when Tipp got going. It was almost as if Dublin were just confident of winning and were content to be strolling about. There was no real impetus to get stuck in until Tipp took the lead and tried to turn the screw. Gutted at the loss, we're capable of so much more. 3 out of 3 losses on the road this year - lets hope we win the toss against Waterford for the relegation playoff.

For alot of that game i felt the Dubs were just doing enough but it opened up for us the second half. Still though i was shocked McMorrow wasnt aware of the perms and combs when he played the ball in for the last play of the game. Tbh i wasnt aware myself but i couldnt believe that any of the playing personnel weren't. According to Daly tonight the message was relayed but perhaps not over emphasised during the week.

Tough game but i was delighted we came back into it. I think though the Dubs will win next week be it in Walsh or Parnell Park. They are a better side overall and are favourites to win the All Ireland.

For alot of that game i felt the Dubs were just doing enough but it opened up for us the second half. Still though i was shocked McMorrow wasnt aware of the perms and combs when he played the ball in for the last play of the game. Tbh i wasnt aware myself but i couldnt believe that any of the playing personnel weren't. According to Daly tonight the message was relayed but perhaps not over emphasised during the week.

Tough game but i was delighted we came back into it. I think though the Dubs will win next week be it in Walsh or Parnell Park. They are a better side overall and are favourites to win the All Ireland.

Aye, I was talking to a number of Tipp lads before the match around the stadium and in the shops and they were all telling me Dublin would walk it. I was never convinced it was in the bag, we've both endured rocky starts to the league despite us beating KK/Clare at home.

It was a fully deserved victory, nobody could possibly argue with that. You put us to the sword throughout the match, chipped away at the gap in the first half and didn't let us pull away in the second half before pulling away yourselves and maintaining that 3 point cushion. I hope we meet each other again either in the championship or at the very least in 1A next year :pac:

Same as and I said as much on the GAA Season Ticket 2014 thread too :)

although typically enough as soon as I wrote it they have been totally unhelpful with trying to resolve a scanning mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford win toss and game on at 3.30 Sunday in walsh park

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford win toss and game on at 3.30 Sunday in walsh park

Ah for fúck sake, another €40 on juice :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ah for fúck sake, another €40 on juice :o

Operation 'keep the pitch as boggy as possible' has begun at walsh park today ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement