Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've got After Eights and red wine. Living the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Slattsy wrote: »

The good stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That's like brushing your teeth before having a pint

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

I've to drive a 13 tonne bus at 7am, this anticipation isn't compatible with my schedule! 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

"There won't be a cow milked in Dublin tonight " heh heh twitter can be funny

• Advertisement

It actually works because the minty flavour doesnt last, but the bitter dark chocolate complements the bouquet of raspberries and hint of spice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Do players have to attend these proceedings? Like, did Connolly have to attend last night, and again tonight? No idea what Connolly works as or if he works at all. But would be a serious strain if you have to be working during the day between all this.

Hear there's a new lad being shunted into the starting 15 for Saturday is DC doesnt make it.
    Anyone know his name?

COA2_syW8AEdnke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm pretty sure that's Lenny Holohan? Remember her him? Could do a job for us at half forward alright. We just have to get him her one of those skirt yokes. No one will have a clue. :D

Not a big fan of the After Eights, but there is something very Irish about collapsing onto the sofa after your Christmas dinner & horsing an entire box of After Eights into your gob !

Diarmuid works for JD Sports, the chain of sportswear & equipment shops. No idea what he does for them. But a few months ago, he tweeted a pic from Spain, where he was sent on a a work trip, so he was probably over there, showing Lionel Messi how it's REALLY done !

Just remembered the Dublin Ladies have a semi-final as well on Saturday. What a day it's be if both make it to the final.

COYBIB
    COYGIB.

• Advertisement

Slatts is famous on the Twitter machine now.

https://twitter.com/Hill16Army

Be great if we got that trending. :D

I robbed that myself, jesus i wouldnt know the first thing about photoshopping and the like, can barely open a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hear there's a new lad being shunted into the starting 15 for Saturday is DC doesnt make it.
    Anyone know his name?

COA2_syW8AEdnke.jpg

I have a beard I have no problems shaving it to glue it onto Dermos face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do players have to attend these proceedings? Like, did Connolly have to attend last night, and again tonight? No idea what Connolly works as or if he works at all. But would be a serious strain if you have to be working during the day between all this.

I'm sure the company he works for won't mine too much. I know that most of the Dublin lads would have jobs, but I can't imagine any manager/company would be strict on them a week before a big match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Anyone know his name?

COA2_syW8AEdnke.jpg

Sure isn't that young Connell Dermody? Decent player by all accounts, he was over in the states on a J1 for the last few year *cough*

Unsuccessful.

Well boll0cks to that anyway....

To me it was a foregone conclusion. I didn't expect any other outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Few twitter pages saying unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Not to worry. He'll be back for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It would've been a joke if we had nobody suspended after that slop tbh. Not the end of the World, now let's bate the bijaysus ourra dem.

No official word yet, but Mossy Quinn just tweeted a thumbs down and that's as good as....

Not the end of the world, he doesn't usually put in big games against Mayo and we DO have what it takes to beat this shower without him. Even if he got off, the odds would be good that he'd be fairly subdued after all this kerfuffle.

As long as we:

Give away fewer silly, sloppy frees
    Have better structure to the kick outs
    Get better ball into the full forwards, especially BB.
    Protect any lead we have, as the game winds down.

Take care of them & it's job done.

**** it anyway. No point in appealing again after tonight,he'll be back for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Bret Hart wrote: »
    **** it anyway. No point in appealing again after tonight,he'll be back for the final.

The Pope maybe ? Just explain that he didn't even use his knuckle dusters, has to get off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone know his name?

COA2_syW8AEdnke.jpg

Finally a picture of that most elusive of GAA players...... A.N. Other :-)

Great to see him looking well after all these years!

Have the DCB contacted OJ Simpsons legal team yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Have the DCB contacted OJ Simpsons legal team yet?

... and this is indeed the point - DC is guilty as sin of striking. The fact that they got the previous 2 cases (and the Keane case in particular) spectacularly wrong gave hope that 2 wrongs would make a right. What better example could the whole appeals process use to vindicate themselves than to dig in on Connolly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Can't see Dublin being beaten tomorrow, lets be honest here, Dublin are a better team then Mayo and all things being equal should win by 3-5 points tomorrow...now Kerry are a different kettle of potatoes.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    ... and this is indeed the point - DC is guilty as sin of striking. The fact that they got the previous 2 cases (and the Keane case in particular) spectacularly wrong gave hope that 2 wrongs would make a right. What better example could the whole appeals process use to vindicate themselves than to dig in on Connolly ?

There's no doubt he's guilty, Keane's was a straight shot into Murphy's jaw. With very little provation. Connolly had 2 sly dogs working on him, yet him ban is upheld. Just stinks.

There's a precedent set, it should be overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's reported that Jim Gavin included DC in the squad, for if he doesn't and the appeal is successful he can't then include him - that has to been reported wrong?

If it's not then were down I player in the squad for the match, but let's suppose it does go to extra time? Is he then allowed on, I would have assumed he wouldn't be allowed to be named but if they don't allow him to be replaced only fair that he should be allowed play the "new" game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement