Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I was tidying out my kitchen cupboards yesterday and found an unopened bottle of Jameson and two bottles of wine that I'd completely forgotten about. I can't believe I had a bottle of whiskey in the house that I forgot about :eek: :o

Where did you get the coffee liqueur, Barna? Sounds intriguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hermione* wrote: »

Got it in Spain. It's like Baileys but way better. Magic Baileys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

tGCers et al., (2014) College assignment outcomes following liquid shaped discoveries in kitchen cupboards. Journal of Plonk. 22(3), pp. 12-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Alcohol and assignments are a great idea. I should do this more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Not yet, you didn't, ya mean.
    Yeah, I know I'm very supportive :pac:

I hate vodka. Don't lynch me :pac:
    I am sitting here drinking Jack Daniels and finishing college work - this will end well :pac:

Still alive so the internal organ damage hasn't fully set in yet thankfully

JD...jaysus
    Barna77 wrote: »
    Got it in Spain. It's like Baileys but way better. Magic Baileys!

Ahhhhh Kahlua is a coffee liqeur isn't it?

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »

Ahhhhh Kahlua is a coffee liqeur isn't it?
    It is yeah.
    But I was wrong, I wasn't drinking the coffee one. I've tried the it before. It's quite dangerous. A couple of shots and gone.... and badly gone. I was drinking this

I blame alcohol for mixing them up :pac:

Barna77 wrote: »
    It is yeah.
    But I was wrong, I wasn't drinking the coffee one. I've tried the it before. It's quite dangerous. A couple of shots and gone.... and badly gone. I was drinking this

I blame alcohol for mixing them up :pac:
    haha I was all like...you can get that here....it's Kahlua and it's delicious :D

I just ordered wine online because I can't find the stuff anywhere around Cork, feeling very refined!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I was tidying out my kitchen cupboards yesterday and found an unopened bottle of Jameson and two bottles of wine that I'd completely forgotten about. I can't believe I had a bottle of whiskey in the house that I forgot about :eek: :o
    I got a bottle of Jameson for Christmas. I took it and a bottle of weird Polish vodka to the cottage with my mates for New Years... came home with a third of the Jameson, the full bottle of vodka, a third of a bottle of tequila, a bottle of wine and about 15 bottles of Coors Light. Score!

Also, I won two half bottles of Bollinger and two champagne flutes at my local offy last week! Everything's coming up Pepe!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I actually have no alcohol in my place :/
    Actually thats a lie. I have a bottle of chardonnay(I think) I was given as a moving in present. To my old apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I got a bottle of Jameson for Christmas. I took it and a bottle of weird Polish vodka to the cottage with my mates for New Years... came home with a third of the Jameson, the full bottle of vodka, a third of a bottle of tequila, a bottle of wine and about 15 bottles of Coors Light. Score!
    Also, I won two half bottles of Bollinger and two champagne flutes at my local offy last week! Everything's coming up Pepe!

TGC's Beers after party at Pepe's!

:pac:

I'm game if yee are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where's the party ???

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Aaaand college applications submitted. :)

Hurrah for Higher learning!

I'm incredibly irate at work today!

Hurrah for Higher learning!

I'm incredibly irate at work today!

How so?

Also, feeling better?

Knex. wrote: »
    How so?

Also, feeling better?
    Ah, just getting irritated by small things, I was looking into an issue for somebody I work with and they were basically asking me for an update every 5 mins or so - when there's literally 97 other things they could have been working on at that time and weren't. Add to that I was asked to look at a very minor issue after having just finished an elongated minor issue when this same person was sat at their desk, doing what, I don't know. So I'm behind on the more important stuff I need to have done by this evening.

I just needed to eat and stuck in the headphones for lunch - watched the first episode of Love/Hate so I'm in grand form now and ploughing into the heavy stuff for the afternoon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looks like...

We...

Are back

horatio.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like...

We...

Are back

horatio.jpg

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Aaaand college applications submitted. :)

Do you ever get that paranoia when you file multiple applications - just after posting them - of "What if I put two applications in the wrong envelopes".

And if you don't - do you now that I put it in your head? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Morning all, hump day again. Feels like the feckin month is flying by. I also got paid last night so yippee, was bady needed!

Hows all tGCers this dreary morning?

Feeling pretty shattered today. Haven't slept well in a while and its catching up!

Went to the Black Sheep in Dublin yesterday for a few beers and some dinner. Nice food and the range of beers they have is fantastic.

Went home, watched new Archer. So that's a pretty good evening/night in my eyes :)

Must put myself to bed early tonight, however.

Hope ye're having a bearable Wednesday, folks!

Went to the Black Sheep in Dublin yesterday for a few beers and some dinner. Nice food and the range of beers they have is fantastic.

Went home, watched new Archer. So that's a pretty good evening/night in my eyes :)
    Archer Vice! Pam, deadly as usual. biggrin.png

I usually go for a drink to the Beerhouse, at the end of Capel St. Nice quiet place.

Mad day ahead :(

Feeling pretty shattered today. Haven't slept well in a while and its catching up!

Must put myself to bed early tonight, however.

Hope ye're having a bearable Wednesday, folks!
    I could've done with an early night last night but ended up watching Prisoners and then reading a bit before passing out at 12, I need more sleep than that, especially with training tonight, hopefully it'll be grand!

I could've done with an early night last night but ended up watching Prisoners and then reading a bit before passing out at 12, I need more sleep than that, especially with training tonight, hopefully it'll be grand!

I used to be an up till 3 or 4 guy while in college, so reigning that back took time in itself.

Still won't catch my asleep before 12 though, but I really need to work on that... Body is getting older :P

Do you ever get that paranoia when you file multiple applications - just after posting them - of "What if I put two applications in the wrong envelopes".

And if you don't - do you now that I put it in your head? :)

Actually it was all online. And I got an email a few seconds after I submitted to confirm that my submission went through.

Good effort though. :p

I haven't seen any Archer past the end of the 3rd season. :(

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I haven't seen any Archer past the end of the 3rd season. :(

Click here to fix that now.

Just got linked this by a mate at work...

Its a little surreal.

The end of that reminded me a bit of "John Malkovich John Malkovich John Malkovich John Malkovich John Malkovich John Malkovich " from that seriously weird film where everyone turns into John Malkovich.

• Advertisement

Click here to fix that now.

I can't. :( Satellite broadband. We get 10Mb down, 1Mb up, and a 15Gb a month download cap. :(

Advertisement