Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I may have let it slip that I can play the guitar (although I haven't in about 14 months) and now I have til early Saturday afternoon to learn the words and chords to a new song. Lovely.

She's going to be polite and compliment me regardless, but I can't do a half-assed job.

Here you go

I suggest Wagon Wheel, the ladies love the wagon wheel so they do :D plus it's 3 Chords, G,D,Em,C - You can't lose
    It's F F F Friday!!

That week flew by.

Another quiet weekend on the cards for me. Planning on hitting the gym in the morning for the first time in a couple of weeks which I'm sure will be traumatic.

Having the other halfs folks up for dinner on Sunday which will keep me on my toes. Don't mind though as I do all the cooking in our house so can hide in the kitchen for a couple of hours at least!

Amen to that brother

Sounds like a nice one though, enjoy the gym, you'll feel like crap when you're there but like a champ for the rest of the day
    Yup. Second weekend of every month I throw a house party / dinner party / drinking session type thing. Must try not to forget to leave work early to go to the butcher to pick up my order. Someone remind me around 16:00 !

Though last time I forgot he hand delivered it to the house on HIS way home. Starting to think I am his favorite customer. When you buy enough meat to feed 30 people, 12 times a year, I guess you get in a butchers good books.

Sounds like quite the feast, enjoy that good sir
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Work thing tonight.

Free bar.

Me. Winning.

:-)

Nice, free bars are the business

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Free bars are dangerous dangerous things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I may have let it slip that I can play the guitar (although I haven't in about 14 months) and now I have til early Saturday afternoon to learn the words and chords to a new song. Lovely.

She's going to be polite and compliment me regardless, but I can't do a half-assed job.
    Somehow I had something like this in mind...
    http://youtu.be/umEB3KG9Ydw

Enjoy your date!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

D'Agger wrote: »
    Here you go

I suggest Wagon Wheel, the ladies love the wagon wheel so they do :D plus it's 3 Chords, G,D,Em,C - You can't lose

Unless its a simple counting game, eh D'Aggs? :pac:

Barna77 wrote: »
    Somehow I had something like this in mind...
    http://youtu.be/umEB3KG9Ydw

Enjoy your date!

Laughed so much at that!!
    Knex. wrote: »
    Unless its a simple counting game, eh D'Aggs? :pac:

I....yeah I don't follow :(

• Advertisement

4 Chords man!

4 Chords man!
    I don't count Em as a chord as you're only using 2 fingers....that's my story and I'm sticking to it :pac:

I don't count Em as a chord as you're only using 2 fingers....that's my story and I'm sticking to it :pac:

With that progression of chords, you're probably going to be using 4 a fair bit, but we'll leave you off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I mentioned in passing last week that I was getting a few songs for the iPod, including One Republic's new one Counting Stars, and she said she liked that song, so that's what I've gone for. Capo (cappo?) on the 3rd fret and you're playing Am, C, F, G, in that order, for the entire song (verse and chorus), with the exception of one Dm, so hardly rocket science. All I've to do today is learn the words. :)

I don't know Wagon Wheel. :o

I mentioned in passing last week that I was getting a few songs for the iPod, including One Republic's new one Counting Stars, and she said she liked that song, so that's what I've gone for. Capo (cappo?) on the 3rd fret and you're playing Am, C, F, G, in that order, for the entire song (verse and chorus), with the exception of one Dm, so hardly rocket science. All I've to do today is learn the words. :)

I don't know Wagon Wheel. :o

Just had a belt off it there. (Working from home and on my lunch break :D)

Words are the awkward bit alright. Don't suppose she'll let ya have the laptop open? :P

• Advertisement

F is my nemesis

I can play it on capo 6....everything after that is a struggle!

F is my nemesis

I can play it on capo 6....everything after that is a struggle!

Are you barring it? If so, don't bother. Play it like a C, only drop your fingers down one for the top two strings.

Just had a belt off it there. (Working from home and on my lunch break :D)

Words are the awkward bit alright. Don't suppose she'll let ya have the laptop open? :P

She might, but it wouldn't be as impressive then. :P

Are you barring it? If so, don't bother. Play it like a C, only drop your fingers down one for the top two strings.

If you're doing this, use your thumb to cover the low E on the 1st fret, and flatten your index finger to cover the B and E strings. Or mute them and be a bit selective on what strings you hit while you're strumming.

While we're on the subject of music, Pharrel Williams new song, Happy, I'm getting really sick of that. I'd swear there's a quota, cause hardly half an hour passes between plays. Thankfully Today FM is trying to make up for it with AC/DC and Foo Fighters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My housemate had a girl round yesterday for a date.
    And by the sounds of it, they're still on that date.
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Panthro wrote: »

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D

Just destroyed a beef burrito.

That'll set me up nicely for copious amounts of stout later.

Did i mention its a free bar?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You're just jealous.. :p

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    You're just jealous.. :p

If the "cooey cooey giggle giggle" ****e I'm hearing is anything to go by, indeedin' I am not good sir!:pac:

Fairly certain I'm playing it like that but I still find it difficult....I can blame my upside-down stupid way of playing :)

*Pours some scotch out for another fallen brother :pac:

Bed days are the best though, h'on the lad!
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Just destroyed a beef burrito.

That'll set me up nicely for copious amounts of stout later.

Did i mention its a free bar?

Just the once I think :pac:

Burrito...nice!

Well im outta here, work done.

Free bar.

Wha! :D

• Advertisement

Fairly certain I'm playing it like that but I still find it difficult....I can blame my upside-down stupid way of playing :)

Oh yeah. Traitor! :pac:

Poor Slattsy, you will be cursing that free bar tomorrow. :p

Still on that date..
    He must be a weapon...in the kitchen because she called over for dinner on Thursday afternoon.
    I've watched a season of Sons of Anarchy since.
    Beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Still on that date..
    He must be a weapon...in the kitchen because she called over for dinner on Thursday afternoon.
    Beat that.
    Jesus Christ!
    I believe you should tell her she has to share on paying bills and stuff

Still on that date..
    Beat that.

I'm impressed. No lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just had a couple of fried egg toasties and a big mug of tay, it was glorious.

Ouch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is it any good? I watched the first two episodes a while back but it did not seem to be going anywhere so I gave up on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is it any good? I watched the first two episodes a while bac but it did not seem to be going anywhere so I gave up on it.

Was the same myself. The start of it just seemed to be a pissing contest, with the young fella not wanting to be envolved at all.

Absolutely hanging until 4pm today....mother of god I was a joke last night

• Advertisement

Absolutely hanging until 4pm today....mother of god I was a joke last night

Good bar? :pac:

Advertisement