Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

:eek:

Do you just throw all of that in a blender or what?

Reading up on it, apparently you're not even meant to peel them. Wash them, leave the skins on, and feck them into a blender :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Knex. wrote: »
    Notice any difference since you've been on it?

Hard to say really. I'm feeling pretty decent although probably drinking slightly less booze at the moment. Also quit smoking so should probably be feeling worse.

I reckon I'm getting a decent placebo effect at least.
    :eek:

Do you just throw all of that in a blender or what?

Exactly yeah. I add in a fair bit of water to make it a bit thinner and it's pretty drinkable. Apparently adding lemon juice can make it nicer, have also heard of people putting in ginger.

Reading up on it, apparently you're not even meant to peel them. Wash them, leave the skins on, and feck them into a blender :eek:

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything beets-wise except those pre-cooked ones :(

We've a new entry on Knex's often forgotten about to-do list:

- Buy a blender.

Any suggestions? Would be vying for cheap over fancy, tbh.

We've a new entry on Knex's often forgotten about to-do list:

- Buy a blender.
    - Buy beetroots.

Any suggestions? Would be vying for cheap over fancy, tbh.

fyp

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    fyp

See what I mean about, "often forgotten"? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah Thursday, ya lil beaut ya!

I think today will be hair cut day.

Blasphemy - Haircut Friday ftw :)
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Wolf Of Wall Street. Going to see it tomorrow afternoon.

Hoping to watch it tomorrow night myself, 3 hours is too much of a commitment for me mid-week
    Have my annual review with my TL and manager this afternoon. My company has lifted it's pay freeze so it will be including a salary review and on the bonus that will be paid in March. I'm pretty sure I've score top marks across the board so should get the maximum available for both!

Best of luck buddy!

Have my annual review with my TL and manager this afternoon. My company has lifted it's pay freeze so it will be including a salary review and on the bonus that will be paid in March. I'm pretty sure I've score top marks across the board so should get the maximum available for both!

Missed this earlier.

Awesome. Fair play man, and as D'Agger said, best of luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wearing a tux to a wedding later this year, oh sweet jaysus... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Had to go through that ordeal for a wedding at Christmas. Felt like a ****ing penguin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Oh yeah?

Of course the rest of the lads, happy out. But not my cup of tea.. Where's the wedding?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not to be passing judgement on your friend/relative but it is a bit much to expect everyone to wear a tux isn't it?

No idea...it's my sister who's getting married. I just do what I'm told. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads. Lads. Lads.

You're really really gonna hate me.

I've another free bar tomorrow night, another work thing.

Moi.

Winniiiiiiiiiing !!!

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

^ evil look......

Thursday. Wine. Mojitos. Sore head....

Love Mojitos!!!

Anyone ever been to Malta? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Barna77 wrote: »
    ^ evil look......

Thursday. Wine. Mojitos. Sore head....

<<<< tLL is thataway man.

:pac::pac:

Morning all, crappy enough out there this morning though it is Friday so yippee!

Quiet weekend on the cards for me. Gym in the morning and my folks are due to come up for Sunday dinner so it will be another grog free weekend!

Well I didn't make the gym this morning but I cleaned up the PC, backed up files and it's ready to be wiped this weekend, plus the Christmas tree is put away so productive enough.

Gym after work, maybe a glass of wine or two and Wolf of Wall St. relaxing until Sunday when I've a match, first of the year, should be a tough 60 mins

<<<< tLL is thataway man.

:pac::pac:
    I know, I know... Not into wine myself, but suddenly this bottle just came out of nowhere, so you wouldn't say no... I am weak! And then mojitos for a fiver. We were hammered before nightfall :D Head is alright.

Now, when does dating become something more regular? Last Saturday wasn't really a proper date.... :pac:

Friday! :)
    Working tomorrow ! :mad:

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »
    Friday! :)
    Working tomorrow ! :mad:

I feel your pain brah, I'll be in tomorrow for a few hours myself

Hit off instead of snooze on my alarm this morning, and as I've been pretty tired recently and not getting much sleep, woke back up at 7.55.

My bus leaves at 8.15, approx a 12 min fast walk from the house.

Managed to get a shower in, get ready, brush my teeth etc, and made it on time. That there, Gentlemen, is the joys of being a man.

:cool:

Hit off instead of snooze on my alarm this morning, and as I've been pretty tired recently and not getting much sleep, woke back up at 7.55.

My bus leaves at 8.15, approx a 12 min fast walk from the house.

Managed to get a shower in, get ready, brush my teeth etc, and made it on time. That there, Gentlemen, is the joys of being a man.

:cool:
    Kudos on your manly feat sir! :)

I'd have booked a taxi and taken my leisure whilst smoking a bubble pipe...except in the shower obviously

Snooze is the word of the devil - I have never worked well with it - I am one of those people who have a loud alarm clock on the OPPOSITE side of the room from the bed. It is the only way for me.

Silent Witness. Intriguing, yet largely dull murder business written by someone whose read too many forensic psychology books and watched too much CSI.

I can't move!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Slattsy wrote: »
    I can't move!

/pokes with broom handle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all..

Crazy at work.
    Need a drink.

• Advertisement

Hangover update.

Just puked.

Advertisement