Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadchurch ITV/TV3 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I was distracted during some of the show but I think those were two different times when she didn't know where he was.

Just flicked through the recording there, I was a bit distracted myself, I think you're right.

Disjointed episode imo. Hopefully it was only messy as it was the first episode which had to continue the story thread from last year and introduce the new case and that episode 2 will be better.

glasso wrote: »
    Disjointed episode imo. Hopefully it was only messy as it was the first episode which had to continue the story thread from last year and introduce the new case and that episode 2 will be better.

They're hardly going to throw in a second case on top of the trial and Tennant's old case, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

good to see your one out of Frankie back on the screen, a pity the BBC cancelled that after only one season.

I was lost and I've seen the first series, might be because of having to stay up past bed time to watch on tv3

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They're hardly going to throw in a second case on top of the trial and Tennant's old case, are they?

The new case is the old case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

glasso wrote: »

Set up episode. Always going to be a bit choppy as they catch us up on what's happening and introduce new characters. Thought it was very well done myself.

glasso wrote:
    The new case is the old case!

My bad, I thought you were expecting ANOTHER case on top of that.

If it turns out that the husband didn't do it I'll be pretty pissed. I don't think they're heading in that direction though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

FunLover18 wrote: »
    My bad, I thought you were expecting ANOTHER case on top of that.

If it turns out that the husband didn't do it I'll be pretty pissed. I don't think they're heading in that direction though

I think he seemed to be saying that he wasn't the only one involved, it nearly sounded like he was hinting at a paedophile ring or something, although I hope that's not the case. The minister seemed to be agreeing with the husband that he wasn't the only guilty person, he said "yes but you are the only one who killed a child here". From his nervous expression when the husband mentioned it,it looked like he was involved somehow himself.

I think he seemed to be saying that he wasn't the only one involved, it nearly sounded like he was hinting at a paedophile ring or something, although I hope that's not the case. The minister seemed to be agreeing with the husband that he wasn't the only guilty person, he said "yes but you are the only one who killed a child here". From his nervous expression when the husband mentioned it,it looked like he was involved somehow himself.

My mam has never trusted the minister

I think they're deliberately throwing us a fake there to make us think he was somehow involved.

Although the Dad playing FIFA with Ellie's son is dodgy.... could he start thinking about revenge down the line?

• Advertisement

I think they're deliberately throwing us a fake there to make us think he was somehow involved.

I dunno , I think he was pretty clearly agreeing that there more people were involved in something dodgy and that whatever that something was may have led to the murder. Why would he look shifty at the mention of it and keep quiet about it if he had nothing to hide himself?
    That said I suppose they did toss out quite a few red herrings last season too.
    Although the Dad playing FIFA with Ellie's son is dodgy.... could he start thinking about revenge down the line?

I was wondering the very same, although they didn't include any shots of him staring into the middle distance with a murderous glint in his eye so I think we are just supposed to wonder and curse ourselves for being so cynical to have even thought that down the line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

So glad TV3 showed this as , UTV gave it up.
    My parents live in that area, and i've never heard any accents that bad.
    The best friend of the dad is really driving me mad. Why does he appear everywhere, the church the courtroom, plus his accent drives me mad.
    The dad is definitely lining up revenge with Millers son

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    So glad TV3 showed this as , UTV gave it up.
    My parents live in that area, and i've never heard any accents that bad.
    The best friend of the dad is really driving me mad. Why does he appear everywhere, the church the courtroom, plus his accent drives me mad.

Seems twitter was a wash with complaints that people could not understand the accents in the other nights episode. I didn't have any problem myself. Are UTV not showing it in the UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I could understand them alright, just think its a dreadful accent.
    I live in Ireland, and UPC have taken off ITV :mad:

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Don't bother watching if you haven't seen series 1. Despicable out of UTV Ireland not showing it.

Not if they were in contract with TV3 to show it

Don't bother watching if you haven't seen series 1. Despicable out of UTV Ireland not showing it.
    I didn't see series 1. Now I see it's available on Amazon. My broadband isn't great, - would you need a very speedy connection to buy the series? It's not expensive - costs about 12 euros - but I don't want to pay it if I might have difficulty downloading it.

inthehat wrote: »
    I didn't see series 1. Now I see it's available on Amazon. My broadband isn't great, - would you need a very speedy connection to buy the series? It's not expensive - costs about 12 euros - but I don't want to pay it if I might have difficulty downloading it.

If it's on Amazon instant you'd be streaming it rather than downloading it. If you want to watch it on your tv you'd need to have the laptop hooked up to the tv or a chromecast. If you have a smart tv there might be an amazon instant app for it.

Do you have trouble with buffering while watching youtube or other streaming services? If not you should be fine with amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

!!! So mad I only just copped that S2 of Broadchurch has already started. Will it be repeated before next Mon? Is it available on TV3's catch-up service?

!!! So mad I only just copped that S2 of Broadchurch has already started. Will it be repeated before next Mon? Is it available on TV3's catch-up service?

It's on the TV3 Player alright.

If it's on Amazon instant you'd be streaming it rather than downloading it. If you want to watch it on your tv you'd need to have the laptop hooked up to the tv or a chromecast. If you have a smart tv there might be an amazon instant app for it.

Do you have trouble with buffering while watching youtube or other streaming services? If not you should be fine with amazon.
    No - I'm OK with youtube most of the time so it should work. Thanks for info :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd assume TV3 bought the rights for any new series when the showed the first one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well that little plan went tits up fairly quickly... Poor Hardy - he can't catch a break.

I wonder where they disappeared to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well that little plan went tits up fairly quickly... Poor Hardy - he can't catch a break.

Don't worry, he'll pull out his sonic screwdriver and sort it all out.

Didn't realise s2 was on till tonight . Just saw s1 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

Thoughts on Season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

He probably overreacted somewhat. They probably went for a catch-up down the pub, with a nice pint of bitter and a Soylent Green pie. There's Broadchurch's real not-so-secret secret: the locals all crave the taste of human flesh.

Great episode again, anyway. Surprised they've gone straight to the trial. Thought they would've built that up for another few weeks. Not complaining, though - some good drama from the courtroom scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭secman

Thoughts on Season 2?

Slow very slow, and backing music is very dour, struggling to hold my attention, a real pity as I did really enjoy series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

TV 3 showed all of the first series at about 1.00am between Christmas & the New Year. I recorded the whole thing & holed up for a full Sunday to to gorge on it. My plan was to series link Series 2 & do the same, but I find myself watching it episode by episode now. I wish I could not watch it till it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

TV 3 showed all of the first series at about 1.00am between Christmas & the New Year. I recorded the whole thing & holed up for a full Sunday to to gorge on it. My plan was to series link Series 2 & do the same, but I find myself watching it episode by episode now. I wish I could not watch it till it's all over.

Same as that, but I just can't resist when the next one comes around.

Claire (was that her name?) has already hinted at her (their) propensity for sex anywhere, so I presume they're in a bush somewhere nearby going at it like rabbits.

It's all a bit.... odd... this time. A bit all over the shop. Without the focus of the dead boy it doesn't have a definite story. And I'm still furiously trying to remember all the bits and pieces from Series 1 which are being referred to.

I didn't recognise Tom at all, for instance - why is he living in a caravan somewhere being visited by the other fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CountingClocks

Wish I'd done that, dying to watch it but I'd better get Season 1 from somewhere first and in the meantime record this season,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This thing has gone from one of the best ever in season 1 , to one of the silliest in season 2. Its stilla good watch but soem of the plot is very silly.

And someone in the production team is a big fan of True Detective, they saw the end of one of the episodes with the music and the guy walking with the gas mask and thought if we try that every 10 minutes it'll be great, except they do it at the silliest times and there is no tension.

The court part was silly, as if anyone would be allowed to ask those personal questions without argument, and going back to her house for the meeting was just ridiculous ..

Still its a great watch, but getting a bit frustrating

Advertisement