Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy_rse wrote: »
    The track didn't blow me away or aything but its decent enough. Interested to hear the song "Kanye West" on the album.

Do you know anything about the "seandaley" user on youtube? Seen him post on a few videos but I'm not sure if it's legit or not but most people seem to respond as though it is. Something fishy about it to me. Anyways, someone said that this track was about Murs and the user on youtube says it's not.

I dont really pay attention to youtube comments or users, not being a snob or anything, I just never bother to look :)
    But I think anything from Slug would be done through the official Rhymesayers account.

Here's a lovely new EP from Black Milk to check out:

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/black-milk-glitches-in-the-break

Really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

New single from Grieves new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Another new track from Big Krit, he's dropping one everyday this week. Going in over Hi-Tek's Letter To The King beat.

https://www.soundcloud.com/bigkrit/conscious-effort

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ice cube on jonathan ross Just said they are making a movie called straight outta Compton all about nwa. He said he hopes his son will play him. That would be a class film!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

• Advertisement

MadGibbs album snippets. I'm debating whether or not to listen to them. Really want to hear what the album is going to be like but don't want to ruin it by only hearing a sample of each track :/

http://www.sharebeast.com/65b6kjn782za

Edit: Gave in and listened, sound quality ain't great but it's sounding pretty damn good. Production is smooth as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Title track from Blueprints new LP

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

For those that havent checked out the Oliver the 2nd release - The Kill Off EP, here's a track off it.

The EP can be streamed on this link -> http://everydejavu.com/2013/12/10/oliver-the-2nd-the-kill-off-ep-prod-by-jeremiah-jae/

Really dig this, it wouldnt be my normal cup of tea either.

This is awesome, new EP from Curly Castro of the Wreckin Crew

http://wreckingcrew.bandcamp.com/album/brody-ep

And if you havnet checked out his Fidel LP from last year, you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Fresh as hell

• Advertisement

One to look out for this year, guy called Pell, kinda Drake meets Chance The Rapper ish, But fairly different sounding on each song,

https://soundcloud.com/jay-pell/eleven-11

http://indy.livemixtapes.com/download/20027/pell-calphonic.html

Thesis released a new song/video with Noearth yesterday, pretty darn good.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I dont really pay attention to youtube comments or users, not being a snob or anything, I just never bother to look :)
    But I think anything from Slug would be done through the official Rhymesayers account.

Slug confirmed on facebook a few days ago that it is in fact his account. And yeah the youtube comments section is where brain cells go to die!

Heres the video for the Bitter track. I really like it now after a few listens.

And praise Jesus finally a release date for Herbal T's album (my own personal Detox, thinking it was never going to see the light of day). And it just so happens to be my birthday :D

New preview of the Stones Throw documentary that's coming out.

Unreleased Daft Punk & Jay-Z track from a few years ago found it's way onto the web.

I listened to a couple of new albums today.

Schoolboy-Q - Oxymoron
    I'm not the biggest fan of Q (I dont think he's bad either) and this album hasnt really advanced that thought. I only gave it one listen, and out of sequence so I didnt fully immerse myself into it.
    I do plan to re-listen, and after the first listen, it's not going to be forced. So it's a good sign that I want to listen to it again with a bit more attention.

Prince Po - Animal Serum
    Po gets very overlooked in my opinion, not the most gifted MC, doesnt have any tricks, just delivers good straightforward hiphop. His first album The Slickness was really good, then kind of just churned out a few decent albums and has bounced back with Animal Serum. This is excellent, I dont imagine it would be easy for non Prince Po listeners to fall into the record and enjoy it, his voice may take some getting used to, but he delivers and the beats are dope. Really like this one.

New Blu track. Double album 'Good To Be Home' is dropping May 20th. Production on it reminds me of NoYork but a lot smoother, if the whole album is a mix of Flying Lotus style beats like he had on NoYork and his stuff with Exile it'll be a classic.

https://soundcloud.com/naturesounds/blu-the-west

Video from the recent Grouch & Eligh album.

If your stuck for something new to listen to, I'd recommend this album. Very diverse in sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Been out for a "while" now but the Isaiah Rashad album/mixtape is excellent.

MadGibbs leaked, can't see any other album this year topping it. Not a bad thing to say about it after my first listen.

• Advertisement

LUPE wrote: »
    Been out for a "while" now but the Isaiah Rashad album/mixtape is excellent.

yep, I find myself listening to it alot....actually listened to it earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

HighClass wrote: »
    MadGibbs leaked, can't see any other album this year topping it. Not a bad thing to say about it after my first listen.

Deadly, will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I am so excited about this. I know people may be miffed at the 'old' tracks being on there, but when the tracks are as strong as Thuggin' then you can't complain.

I can't wait to hear the new ones.

Can anyone remember Irish Party by Shakey? Well it has made it onto World Star Hip Hop.
    Irish rapper Shakey releases Irish Party, the worldwide anthem for St Patrick's day. The unsigned artist wants to unite people from all over the world and invite them to be Irish for a day.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhtW1Hw4R278geh4EQ

I am so excited about this. I know people may be miffed at the 'old' tracks being on there, but when the tracks are as strong as Thuggin' then you can't complain.

I can't wait to hear the new ones.

The old tracks sound better on the album if that makes sense? The way they flow into the new ones and vice versa. But the new ones, Gibbs fully goes in on them, Madlib though...he went in DIFFERENT on the beats. Might be some of his best work.

The old tracks sound better on the album if that makes sense? The way they flow into the new ones and vice versa. But the new ones, Gibbs fully goes in on them, Madlib though...he went in DIFFERENT on the beats. Might be some of his best work.

It does.

I fully expected that flow.

Look at the videos for Thuggin' and Shame. The end of Thuggin' flowed perfectly into the start of Shame.

A lot of artists release music way in advance and then ignore it when the album drops. This genuinely feels like they knew exactly what they were doing 2/3 years ago and have followed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I was really feelin' Pinata up until "Bomb", with that track though, the album became a different beast completely, the stretch of songs from Bomb-Broken is just ridiculous! "Real" is probably my favourite track at the moment:

Seen Gucci by himself while we was 30 deep at Magic
    And you didn't bust a grape, you was shook from the gate

Can anyone remember Irish Party by Shakey? Well it has made it onto World Star Hip Hop.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhtW1Hw4R278geh4EQ

He released the video for it 2 or 3 days ago, and the view count was up around 17500 yesterday evening. Not bad at all.

• Advertisement

Advertisement