Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

finished there. very enjoyable game but the final missions are way too easy!
    also very disappointing there's no proper 1 v 1 boss fights, just two point and click fights that are just cut scenes really.

i think at a certain point everything becomes way too easy, towards the end i could stroll into the big fortresses and just slaughter the entire place if i wanted with zero chance of dieing. what happened to games getting harder as you progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

froog wrote: »
    i think at a certain point everything becomes way too easy, towards the end i could stroll into the big fortresses and just slaughter the entire place if i wanted with zero chance of dieing. what happened to games getting harder as you progress?

The way I'm trying to do it is to go for the stealthy approach. Makes it more difficult rather than just jumping into a load of enemies and beating the shít out of the controller..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

lots of DLC coming. i wonder is it worth the season pass for 25 odd quid?

I got the Season Pass for €9 on Kinguin.

From what i'v played of the game, even the full €25 would be worth the additional content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Cravez wrote: »
    I got the Season Pass for €9 on Kinguin.

From what i'v played of the game, even the full €25 would be worth the additional content.

I got that off steam as well. Do you have to activate it or is it just part of the game?

• Advertisement

The Season Pass will the tied to your game & steam account, so whenever new content gets released that requires the Season Pass, you'll automatically start to download it as they become available and then play the new content within the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Wish the game was longer, I got 9 hours total out of it according to steam :/ I still go back and mess around, but I have most of the abilities, not too bothered about runes because they are all boring passive effects.

killanena wrote: »
    Wish the game was longer, I got 9 hours total out of it according to steam :/ I still go back and mess around, but I have most of the abilities, not too bothered about runes because they are all boring passive effects.

yep way too short. I finished at about 20 hours, but about 5 of those were just messing about with the orcs and branding.

apparently some of the features in the DLC are time trials, challenges and leaderboards. that kind of stuff should really be in the game from launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

killanena wrote: »

I got a 50% sword damage one last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's the trouble with open-world games. The enemies and areas tend to have some higher-level, but overall the difficulty has to be lowered to avoid constantly being slaughtered trying to go from one area to another or getting lost or searching for collectibles.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    That's the trouble with open-world games. The enemies and areas tend to have some higher-level, but overall the difficulty has to be lowered to avoid constantly being slaughtered trying to go from one area to another or getting lost or searching for collectibles.

I thought maybe having the enemies scale a bit with every tier of unlocked abilities might be a good idea.

the final battles were way too easy and taking out some warchiefs at the end took me less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Loving the game and the captains and war chiefs, especially when one turns out to be such a laugh.

Like this guy, Mozu...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F901D753424EF4FD!5436&authkey=!AHtu0VyNTdyor-k&ithint=video%2cmp4

Honestly I was sad to see him beheaded, I will miss his weird intro's and screaming laughter during fights.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, the level 20 nemesis I had that I mentioned a few pages back had that same voice set - the deep breaths and the biting of teeth are brilliantly done, makes the character seem really unhinged and dangerous (and my guy had the helmet with a brazier in it so his head was aflame whilst making bitey noises at me when we met). Proper psycho! :D

I'm kinda looking forward to giving the time trials a go when I complete the main story, but as it stands, Steam tells me I've got 28 hours played with this game and I don't think I'm close to finishing it. I did complete every bit of optional extra mission content in the first section of the game before moving onto the Sea of Núrnen. I fully intend to finish all the weapon missions before advancing any more story cause I love the idea of becoming invisible and executing all of the things or becoming a roid raging nutter chopping heads off all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

calex71 wrote: »
    I got a 50% sword damage one last night :)

Still a boring passive, be cooler if you could add effects to your weapons like the orcs. Fire, poison etc, or if they added new abilities with that weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That should make the final missions really quite easy indeed, I had maybe bought one or two of the final tier abilities before finishing it with 2 deaths. In fairness those two were because my old legendary nemesis Gorfel Blood-Storm showed up in the final battle and was all smug and immune to everything except explosions at me, with his one-shot javelin kills taking me by surprise.

side note: I've been chatting with a friend who writes a lot for the LoTR tabletop RPG sourcebooks. He's slightly miffed at the liberties the game takes with the history of Middle Earth (only slightly, seeing as the game is still such fun). But he's fine with the crazy powers, considering First Age elf-lords regularly did things like personally hunt down the balrogs to extinction or take on the first dark lord Morgoth in a 1v1 duel and hurt him so badly he had a limp forever afterwards. Not being familiar with Middle Earth beyond The Hobbit and LoTR, I wasn't very aware of the sort of shenanigans of the previous Ages that made God of War look sedate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can i ask, I've heard really good things about this game and it looks like it's right up my alley. Is it worth the full new retail price at present given it's meant to be about 20 hours long. Or would i be better off waiting for a christmas sale or GOTY edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cormac... wrote: »
    Can i ask, I've heard really good things about this game and it looks like it's right up my alley. Is it worth the full new retail price at present given it's meant to be about 20 hours long. Or would i be better off waiting for a christmas sale or GOTY edition?

Same boat as you, I dont think I can wait though. Will pick it up in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just get it already lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Just arrived there now from amazon, 5 discs :eek:

I hope they don't stop making physical copies anytime soon or it would literally take me two months to download this game because of my awful broadband allowance.

And hopefully there's not a massive patch when I'm finished installing cause I've got an itchin for some orc killin.

Just arrived there now from amazon, 5 discs :eek:

I hope they don't stop making physical copies anytime soon or it would literally take me two months to download this game because of my awful broadband allowance.

And hopefully there's not a massive patch when I'm finished installing cause I've got an itchin for some orc killin.

5 discs? It was like a 20 something GB download for me. That's a third of diablo and TLOU on PS4.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    5 discs? It was like a 20 something GB download for me. That's a third of diablo and TLOU on PS4.

It's a 35GB install size so yeah it's probably compressed to 20GB on the 5 discs.

It's a 35GB install size so yeah it's probably compressed to 20GB on the 5 discs.

I haven't gotten TLOU on disc for the PS4 but I'm assuming its not 5 discs! Which is in a roundabout way what I was getting at.

Why would some games require 5 discs and others with larger install sizes not does anyone know?

Wait... I'm guessing it was for PC the 5 discs were? So I'm guessing DVD ROMs haven't quite got the capacity of a bluray is the answer!

I haven't gotten TLOU on disc for the PS4 but I'm assuming its not 5 discs! Which is in a roundabout way what I ead getting at.

Why would some games require 5 discs and others with larger install sizes not does anyone know?

PS4 is bluray, PC games are usually single layer 4.7GB discs, hence why there's 5 discs.

PS4 is bluray, PC games are usually single layer 4.7GB discs, hence why there's 5 discs.

Yeh I realised that once I posted that you were talking about PC. My bad.

Yeh I realised that once I posted that you were talking about PC. My bad.

I probably should have specified once you mentioned the last of us.

Let us never speak of this embarrassing misunderstanding again :pac:

To be fair, for a new IP in the LOTR franchise, the game is great in it's own way and I would like to think that if Monolith release a new game a few years down the line following Shadow of Mordor's IP then they can improve on whatever mechanics people have issues with and improve it even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has it been said whether the DLC will be story based content or challenge maps like the batman ones had :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

So many good games coming out at the moment. Driveclub is next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Has it been said whether the DLC will be story based content or challenge maps like the batman ones had :confused:

Think there is story based stuff.

Set during a different age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Loving the game and the captains and war chiefs, especially when one turns out to be such a laugh.

Like this guy, Mozu...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F901D753424EF4FD!5436&authkey=!AHtu0VyNTdyor-k&ithint=video%2cmp4

Honestly I was sad to see him beheaded, I will miss his weird intro's and screaming laughter during fights.

I had one lvl 19 guy with the tag "headhunter". He literally followed me everywhere constantly. I could see him bee-lining straight for me in the open world the second I spawned and I had no idea for ages on how to kill him as I couldn't get intel quick enough before he turned up. I was a bit miffed with myself when I eventually slaughtered him. It was a interesting mechanic.

The second area is much more visually appealing but the difficulty level really scales off in it. The second half of the abilities are too powerful, I don't even need the weapon specials anymore.

Advertisement