Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin : FF no longer toxic brand

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

patrickn wrote: »
    F.F. are in my opinion in for a strange cycle of elections in the locals and general elections. Their support base seems to be levelling out at the mid 20s.

In the locals that would be a drop in support from what they got in 2009 leading to a loss of some seats and a calling for the head of M.M.

However if they were to get mid 20s in a General election in 2016 they could quite possibly double their seats in the Dail. Their strategy should be where they have 2 seats in a constituency (only 1) they field 2. Where they have 1 seat they field 2 and where they have no seat they field 1.

Now with the Soldiers of Destiny chomping at the bit to run this will be some task to curtail all the prospective candidates. At mid 20s support a seat in every constituency is achievable and may sneak in a second where their was previously one.

What if FF were down as low as 8% ?

https://twitter.com/patleahysbp/statuses/425273026578374656

Im not saying this poll is representative , but it is shocking how badly this FFer is polling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

I mean, she's like the Twink of Irish politics....she just won't go away despite being of no apparent use...

Former Tánaiste and Education Minister Mary O'Rourke is to undertake a nationwide tour informing people why they should cast their vote in the European Election next May.
    http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/21522511/
    Is the tax payer funding this little jaunt? I wouldn't pay her to explain tying your shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

FF are still completely toxic and will be while anyone involved in their entire organisation during the whole Ahern/Cowen period are gone. Even after that, they'd never be likely to get my vote or many others presumably, ever again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

david75 wrote: »
    FF are still completely toxic and will be while anyone involved in their entire organisation during the whole Ahern/Cowen period are gone. Even after that, they'd never be likely to get my vote or many others presumably, ever again.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a Fianna fail supporter!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Parties are usually made up of those who either identify with their core beliefs or else wish to benefit from the association with the party once in power. As well, there is the element of the protest vote who wish to protest the government of the day. This latter element, given some of the a Coalition's policies and mis-steps (Phil Hogan & Irish Water) would likely coalesce in the upcoming elections, if only to send a message to the political elites.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Any population anywhere can be shown to have short memories. Easy to forget Obama didn't create the Middle East situation the Americans are involved in, or their economic crisis. Those seeds were sown by Bush and his pals. Joe public there doesn't see it that way.
    Neither do the Irish if the rise of FF in the polls is anything to go by.

Two things; Family tradition, 'Nod and wink' politics.
    The two reasons there will always be a sizable support for Fianna Fail.
    I've heard first hand, 'I'm a Fianna Fail man, like my father and his father before him', said with a puffed out chest and a sense of pride. Lunacy.
    Then there's the, to quote Haughey, being quoted by Padraigh Flynn, 'Is there a shillin' in it P?' The knowledge and lets face it, often fact, that they'll put a few bob in your pocket, albeit to the detriment of the nation. When they get in the flood gates of dirty money will flow behind the scenes and in ten to fifteen years we'll be having the same debate. The sickening thing is although the greasy backhanders may dry up for them from time to time, they never get hit half as hard as the taxpaying public they couldn't give two ****s about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

think they are still toxic.

as for fg labour it is a pity that they didn't stick to their promise of reform that they gave in their election literature.

my bet is on an inquiry into the collapse just before the election.

Now here's a chancer....

‘Frugal’ John O’Donoghue: I want my FF Dail seat back
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/frugal-john-odonoghue-i-want-my-ff-dail-seat-back-26824751.html

People buy this. Is it a better the devil you know pitch?
    The 'Frugal' thing is a one finger to society.

For Reals wrote: »
    Now here's a chancer....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/frugal-john-odonoghue-i-want-my-ff-dail-seat-back-26824751.html

Fanna fail have ordered the fabrication of hundreds of troughs. The good times are on the way back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'd well believe that he lives frugally when its coming out of his pocket. I know the type. The grand living happens when someone else (the taxpayers in this case) are picking up the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Better refuel the government jet and have it on standby at Kerry.

Also let's beef up our embassy staff just in case John stops by.

Welcome back John. You reflect the heart, spirit and core values of Fianna Fail.

I hope you get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now here's a chancer....

'My seat' eh John? That's for the people to decide.

Edit....he's only 55? That must be wrong? Looks far, far older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Now here's a chancer....

I'd suggest that he's living in a parallel universe but I doubt he's even that close.

Is there already a concept of a divergent universe that intersects with our universe approximately every five years, where the lifeforms mutate on the same five year cycle between emotionless and pathologically amiable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I still think that FF are still lethal in themselves being toxic to THE REST OF SOCIETY. Do you hear that FF! Don't get society wrong on that sort of thinking.

I am of the position that our current crop of politicians of all parties as the worst shower to ever hit this state.

Of the all the things happening from FF like the Galway Tent, CRC scandal, High Property Values which somehow lead to 'real' wealth, shoddy behaviour of banks (which lead to Anglo Irish Tapes being publicised), PS Pensions, worsening health service, The Mahon tribunal and the IMF are still lacking in some ways to go against them. Funny that!

The current FG/Lab shower are no perfect either with the HC/LPT debacle, GSOC revelations, Health Minister Reilly doing the 'few' strokes here and there, High Emigration and unemployment rates, Jobsbridge, National Children's Hospital, New Bankruptcy laws, Penalty Points scandal, PS Broadcasting Charge (RTE Tax), Local Government 'reforms', Irish Water/Water charges and a few more disasters yet to come.

Just wait until both you and I will see them come to fruition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I still think that FF are still lethal in themselves being toxic to THE REST OF SOCIETY. Do you hear that FF! Don't get society wrong on that sort of thinking.

I am of the position that our current crop of politicians of all parties as the worst shower to ever hit this state.

Of the all the things happening from FF like the Galway Tent, CRC scandal, High Property Values which somehow lead to 'real' wealth, shoddy behaviour of banks (which lead to Anglo Irish Tapes being publicised), PS Pensions, worsening health service, The Mahon tribunal and the IMF are still lacking in some ways to go against them. Funny that!

The current FG/Lab shower are no perfect either with the HC/LPT debacle, GSOC revelations, Health Minister Reilly doing the 'few' strokes here and there, High Emigration and unemployment rates, Jobsbridge, National Children's Hospital, New Bankruptcy laws, Penalty Points scandal, PS Broadcasting Charge (RTE Tax), Local Government 'reforms', Irish Water/Water charges and a few more disasters yet to come.

Just wait until both you and I will see them come to fruition.

It is very true and I agree that our current crop of politicians are the worst ever in this country. There is a mix of corruption, incompetence and serving the interests of their pals written all over Irish politics across all parties. FF, FG, Labour, etc. all need to get rid of their current leadership as they seem to have an 'entitlement culture' that beggars belief: huge salaries, expenses on top of expenses and a god given right to go to any country of their choosing on St Patrick's Day (what other country's national day is all about being in a different country!?!?!?! You won't see Barack Obama in Ireland on Independence Day!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

It is very true and I agree that our current crop of politicians are the worst ever in this country. There is a mix of corruption, incompetence and serving the interests of their pals written all over Irish politics across all parties. FF, FG, Labour, etc. all need to get rid of their current leadership as they seem to have an 'entitlement culture' that beggars belief: huge salaries, expenses on top of expenses and a god given right to go to any country of their choosing on St Patrick's Day (what other country's national day is all about being in a different country!?!?!?! You won't see Barack Obama in Ireland on Independence Day!!

I support all travel to represent Ireland abroad at St Patrick's DAy events.

It is a great chance to showcase Ireland for tourism and investment.

No other small country gets the same publicity.

England tried some years ago to promote St Geroge's Day abroad. Didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

At this stage it's a brand which has the radioactive toxity of uranium and a similar half life. As long as FF's legacy lasts, which will be generations, so will its lack of popularity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Very interesting to notice that FF contributors on TV3's new debate program were NOT treated to any abuse that would have been guaranteed a few years ago, also Conor Lenihan went down quite well on the Late Late (!!).

Very interesting to notice that FF contributors on TV3's new debate program were NOT treated to any abuse that would have been guaranteed a few years ago, also Conor Lenihan went down quite well on the Late Late (!!).

No he didn't, did you see the abuse he got on twitter!

Lenihan is a joke who legged it at the first opportunity, like the rest of the rats off a sinking ship!

• Advertisement
Advertisement