Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game of the last gen.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't think I could pick just one. I can't quantify how lets say Dark Souls is better than Journey or Uncharted 2 is better than Fallout 3.

Hopefully with this years Games Awards this very question might be split into different categories... and on that note, anyone know when we start voting?

Oh... now that I think of it.. the answer is Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD collection :D

:D Ha, That was going to be my next question, Dark Souls, Dishonored or Unchartered 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Either Borderlands 2 or Dark Souls. I've never pumped as many hours into games as I did these two and continue to. Cousin just started playing BL2 and I'm trying to build up the gumption to eject Dark Souls for the first time in 5 months and put BL2 back in to play some co-op but it hasn't happened yet. Games that make me want to playthrough again and again and again...that does it for me

Honourable mentions to Borderlands 1, MW2, ME trilogy

Have RDR and AC2 on the to-do list but really can't see it happening with DS2 upcoming

As one of the greats once said...
    It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child,
    but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of Borderlands 2 a day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Another shout for Dark Souls here I'm afraid. Followed closely by Demon's Souls, Journey, Uncharted 2 and TLOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Fallout 3, nothing comes close for me. Love the setting, the detail, the variety of characters. The main plot is rubbish of course, but it just felt like a living world with lots of little stories to tell, and that's what an open world game should be, not just a plot driven game with a bit of exploration (like GTA, for example) but a living, breathing world full of fun stuff, interesting finds and plenty to do. I can't remember ever exploring in Fallout and finding nothing new, and every new thing had something to offer, even if it was just a little story on a computer in a burned out office.

If they could have just cut the main story it would have been perfect! I'd love to see a next-gen title along the same lines, with an ever-expanding world, like Minecraft, but with more detail about the world, more people to interact with, more stories to be told and more places to explore. Infinite Fallout. I may never leave the couch again...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

COD4 I'd say overall purely for the multiplayer and the amount of hours I sunk into it, still think it's by far the best COD.

Single player wise I'd probably go for Fallout 3, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Bioshock, Red Dead. Plenty more I'd say, just can't remember them at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

XCOM for me, I'm still playing and replaying it. I did like Dark souls, but it's not really my game. I hate grinding.

Advertisement