Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo Coffee Machine €60

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

On the website now, have all the packs changed to 8 drink packs as opposed to usual 16 drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

On the website now, have all the packs changed to 8 drink packs as opposed to usual 16 drinks?

Saw that last night when ordering. I think it is a mistake. If you look at the packets in product screenshot it still says 16 drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

About How much does an expresso for example cost using Tassimo pods versus something similar from Nespresso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I'm after skimming through this thread but can't seem to find the answer but does anybody know a way of buying one of these, in Ireland: https://www.costatassimo.co.uk/basket/address

Parcel Motel is no good as it's mainland UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

looder wrote: »
    I'm after skimming through this thread but can't seem to find the answer but does anybody know a way of buying one of these, in Ireland: https://www.costatassimo.co.uk/basket/address

They removed the NI option after the original deal got hammered through Boards.

• Advertisement

...but in answer to your question, I bought one in Currys. Prices have shot up to ridiculous levels now though.

k123456 wrote: »
    About How much does an expresso for example cost using Tassimo pods versus something similar from Nespresso

If you look at this product (https://www.tassimo.co.uk/Drinks%20Range/CARTE%20NOIRE%20Expresso?eshopProduct=950791) and take into account the current offers (free delivery @ 25ukp instead of 35ukp and 10ukp off) then you you'd get 7 packets of 16 for 16.53ukp delivered = roughly equal to 33.16euro = 18.44 cent inc delivery.

Worst case at that packet price with no offers you are looking at - 37.90ukp inc delivery for 10 packets = 29.6cents per drink.

Note the product description above says 8 units per pack but screenshot of packet says 16. Anything I have ordered unless it was Latte or Cappuchino has been 16 units per packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

amazon? I used to get the kenco crema for £19 the 5 packs of 16 drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

larger tesco have the costa pods too

Some of the Tassimo machines are on offer again in Currys for Easter. Check out www.currys.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

Currys have the T65 Fidelia plus "on offer" at €159.99. I bought one in Argos on Saturday for €112.49.
    Fantastic machine. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

TobesYid wrote: »
    Currys have the T65 Fidelia plus "on offer" at €159.99. I bought one in Argos on Saturday for €112.49.
    Fantastic machine. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

They have the Charmy and Joy for 89.99euro. They also have the Vivy model for 74.99 but the water capacity is very low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

leex wrote: »
    They have the Charmy and Joy for 89.99euro. They also have the Vivy model for 74.99 but the water capacity is very low.

That's true, the T65 holds 1.8 L, which is needed for the amount of coffee drank in our house.

Tesco has the T40 for €79.99, but I think you can knock a tenner off that with an Aldi/Lidl voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

Del007 wrote: »
    Tesco direct have the Tassimo T65 for £43 pounds delivered to parcel motel

Thanks for that, just ordered. At that price and with shipping it should work out around €55 which is even less that the christmas prices.
    Hopefully it gets delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

how does this machine compare to nespresso? i have one and a dulse gusto.
    i like the hot choc option for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

shot2go wrote: »

I had been looking at getting one of these for some time now after missing out on the Currys €69 offer in December so have had a good bit of time to read reviews and comparisons.

Most people seem to prefer it to the other brands/models. Generally it seems to be better tasting coffee, easier to use and apparently the Brita filter on it makes a big difference to the taste.

And judging from the hard water deposits on our kettle, hopefully this will be better both health and taste wise.

At around €60 and 20 euro credit on capsules I don't think I can go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I had an nespresso and it doesn't compare to the Tassimo imho. The nespresso was always cold when drinking it. My sister in law got a brand new one and the temp of coffee was the same as I thought my temp regulator had gone on it.

You get a nice piping hot cup of coffee from the Tassimo plus you can add more with a touch of a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

I have both the Dolce Gusto and the Tassimo.
    The tassimo is far superior.
    I dont know if its because of the machine of just the coffee/ingredients but the tassimo is always better.

I use a nespresso in work. THey do give a good espresso but i prefer the tassimo and theres more choice with the tassimo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

thanks for all replys! i think il chance it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Currently unavailable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Currently unavailable :(

It's back in stock again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Scariff

Lumi wrote: »
    It's back in stock again this morning

Was in the process of buying and when got to checkout It was out of stock 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Scariff wrote: »
    Was in the process of buying and when got to checkout It was out of stock 😞

Likewise for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's worth repeating that tassimo, nespresso are not, as someone said earlier in this thread, a replacement for those that like a ground coffee drink e.g. barista style coffee from a take away, or indeed any common machine that's grinding beans. They don't, imo, have that ''real'' coffee taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

It's worth repeating that tassimo, nespresso are not, as someone said earlier in this thread, a replacement for those that like a ground coffee drink e.g. barista style coffee from a take away, or indeed any common machine that's grinding beans. They don't, imo, have that ''real'' coffee taste.

I guess its all down to taste but I love the coffee from my tassimo and for it it gives a real coffee taste.

Having owned one for a few months I think the positive of the Tassimo is the convenience of a quick, very hot mug of decent coffee. It might not be of Barista standard but it still better than the "coffee" served to me in many establishments where I pay 2.50-3.00 for a cup. If you keep an eye on offers on the Tassimo site and regular offers for free shipping it works out very reasonable also price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got a tassimo last week and so far I can't complain a lovely coffee every time, just wondering if there is a way to refill the milk pods, not trying to be cheap just with the hot chocolate pods the milk pods aren't the best tasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hey guys

Bought a Tassimo today but saw it mentioned on a couple of posts that Tassimo do a coffee of the month for a special price, having a lool on their site but can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Advertisement