Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Working our way through this right now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jamie Oliver's Green tea salmon with coriander miso dressing, veggies, and courgette noodles.

photo_zpsk1c9evp5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

A very civilised evening on the couch with some lovely cheese from Sheridans; manchego, gubbeen, red leicester and a creamy goat's cheese. Lots of red grapes, sliced apple, quince paste and crackers.

F7A71OA.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was a deliciously rare fillet steak with baked garlic mushrooms. One of my favourite dinners, so simple and delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Spice bag.

No regrets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Cheesy Chicken Quesidillas with sour cream and salsa, a perfect New Years treat :) and we have leftovers for tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last night was a selection of canapés from M&S & a bottle of bubbly, then gin basil smashes & a box of choccies on the sofa.

Tonight is braised brisket & roasted veg & a fine Tempranillo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My brother had a party in his house last night so it was just finger food. I brought buffalo hummous and a kind of queso fundido thing.

Tonight shall be chicken jalfrezi as I'm sicker than a plane to Lourdes and need something with a nice kick. Chicken is marinating the last while and I'll cook it when my sister gets home from the Leinster match, which I've to sit out because of aforementioned dose :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Bazmo's stuffing balls (had an extra stash in the freezer) in tortillas with an onion marmalade and apple salad.

Nothing beats bread, mixed with pork, wrapped in bread.

Nothing beats bread, mixed with pork, wrapped in bread.

I had potato waffles on toast for breakfast.

You can have my carbs when you prise them from my cold, dead hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

An eclectic mix of leftovers.....trio of salmon mousse on fresh rye bread.....followed by a turkey (with black pudding stuffing) and cranberry sandwich also on rye......all from yesterday's dinner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Penultimate Christmas blow-out this evening. Aldi's Rib of Beef Roast with roasted potatoes and carrots, brocolli, sweetcorn, pickled cabbage and Yorkshire puddings with gravy.

Fantastic bit of beef, worth the extra fee euro.

Tapas in the Oar House tomorrow.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not sure how to describe these, a 'tribute' to Enchiladas (ie nothing like them but kinda like the Old el Paso enchilada kit). Wraps stuffed with rice & great spicy mince, green peppers, jalapenos, garlic, chipotles. Topped with a tomato sauce, sour cream and cheese. Then more cheese, avocado & coriander and a hefty squeeze of lime.

ahLogTk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'm just home from a few days in Paris. Some really excellent meals - we were staying in the 7th arrondissement and mostly ate local to our little hotel. Standouts include incredible fillet steak and chips at Le Recrutement cafe and an absolutely gorgeous lunch of cheese burger and chips at an Irish pub called O'Brien's on Rue St Dominique. The burger was insanely good and they really know how to make unreal chips - crispy and well seasoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Spicy meatballs and courgette spaghetti. Back to clean eating :)

Oven baked turkey meatballs served over mac & cheese.

d9xJpdr.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

What cheese is that? Them turkey balls look amazing! Where did you get them?

GeneralC wrote: »
    What cheese is that? Them turkey balls look amazing! Where did you get them?

I put cheddar and dijon mustard in the sauce. The meatballs are homemade, loosely based on a recipe from Smitten Kitchen. They were pretty tasty!

Tried poaching eggs in clingfilm tonight and they turned out really well. Next time I just have to remember to oil the film.

I had them on crumpets with rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Green saffron chicken curry with spinach

• Advertisement

An apricot & cranberry stuffed lamb leg with a vegetable tagine and lemon-butter couscous. Absolutely delicious. The lamb leg was from Lidl's Deluxe range and it was amazing. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Grilled soy chicken thighs. Sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke Asian slaw (who knew you could eat sweet potato raw). Stirfried Chinese leaves. Thai white rice.

KKKCbWh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Can I ask about the courgette spaghetti. Is it tasty. It looks a little watery. I would be interested to try.

Salmon with fried cauliflower 'rice'. Mucho gusto!

photo%202_zpsfnhothe2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've been eating some fabulous meals recently...none of them cooked by me! :)

Home again now and back to normal.

Tonight I did some experimentation and it actually went really well - serious regret at not taking a photo!

I sautéed some leeks, garlic and mushrooms, then added chopped spinach and wilted. I added some beautiful homemade stock, white wine, cream and seasoning. Meanwhile, some baby potatoes were on the boil.

Next I dusted some fresh mackerel fillets with seasoned flour and fried quickly in olive oil.

I crushed the baby spuds, stirred in the creamy vegetables and piled the mixture on warm plates. This was topped with the crispy fish. A squeeze of lemon and voilà! Clean plates all round. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Long time drooler, first time poster on this thread. Tonight's last of Christmas blow out was Venison steaks (rare), mashed potatoes (half potato, one quarter butter and one quarter cream) combo. Honey & thyme roasted carrots and parsnips and a delicious mushroom gratin. A drop of red wine. Very nice. Sorry no pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

For our new year's resolution, myself and Mr TeletextPear decided that once a week we'd choose a recipe from one of my billion cookbooks and have an evening of cooking together. Tonight we started out with Jamie Oliver's Mexican chicken and homemade guacamole. Unreal tasty, and a lovely way to spend an evening. I'm looking forward to adding some new recipes to our usual mix of dinners too.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Tomato and spinach lasagne. Nom.

lasagne_borealis__720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Roast leg of medium cooked lamb, roast potatoes, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, brocoli and the last of the mince pies for dessert!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Beef and vegetable stirfy with noodles and Oyster sauce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement