Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CatInABox wrote: »
    Played this a little bit the other day, finally got fully kitted out at the NW airfield, a lovely M4, loads of ammo, loads of food, was set for the long haul. Was heading back towards Stary when I practically ran right into another guy heading towards the airfield. Not sure who raised their guys first, but I have to admit, I fired first, three into the chest.

He dropped to the ground, and I followed up with another couple of shots just to make sure. That was my first ever kill, and while I didn't really give him a chance, I was quite proud.

Guy was fully loaded as well, thought I could get some more food off him. Right as I was looting his body, I started taking damage, from what appeared to be an invisible player. Incredibly frustrating that I could spend ages getting to the point where I am self sufficient, and some invisible dude comes along and punches me to death.

Probably not a player, more likely an underground zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Played this a little bit the other day, finally got fully kitted out at the NW airfield, a lovely M4, loads of ammo, loads of food, was set for the long haul. Was heading back towards Stary when I practically ran right into another guy heading towards the airfield. Not sure who raised their guys first, but I have to admit, I fired first, three into the chest.

He dropped to the ground, and I followed up with another couple of shots just to make sure. That was my first ever kill, and while I didn't really give him a chance, I was quite proud.

Guy was fully loaded as well, thought I could get some more food off him. Right as I was looting his body, I started taking damage, from what appeared to be an invisible player. Incredibly frustrating that I could spend ages getting to the point where I am self sufficient, and some invisible dude comes along and punches me to death.

It's one of the overall downsides of the game... or possibly a pro depending on your point of view. It can be very very frustrating to spend hours dicking about gathering up bits n bobs and just when you get to the point of thinking you're good to go you get shot in the back of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

being shot in the back of the head is acceptable, being murdered by and invisible zombie is a load of ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Looking at the change log for the 0.45 release (which should be within the next week?) the "being hit by invisible zombie" thing should be fixed when it goes live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, I don't mind if it was an invisible zombie, as that's just an alpha issue.

I didn't even hear any Zombie noises, so that's what leads me to believe it was a player.

After looking around, apparently the experimental branch has this problem as a known issue:
    Changelog wrote:
    Players Invisible. Don’t know what that’s all about.

I think maybe it's an issue in stable too then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The thing is though, once you're fully geared up there's not really anything left to do and I find myself so concerned for my gear that I become overly cautious. It can almost be a relief to find myself back on the beach. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Varik wrote: »
    Probably not a player, more likely an underground zombie.

Loads of complaints on the reddit of late about speed hacks and invisible people killing people though. Apparently many public servers are now untenable as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

What about this "network bubble" that Rocket always went on about that made it basically impossible to hack? One of the many things still not implemented or forgotten about?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 UserNo1

The thing is though, once you're fully geared up there's not really anything left to do and I find myself so concerned for my gear that I become overly cautious. It can almost be a relief to find myself back on the beach. :pac:

I only mess around myself don't really care about my gear or time it takes to find it. I use the Alpha not as a functioning game but to test things out and have some fun. Being overly cautious dose not really work solo. One hit from a zombie can break your arm and finding sticks or morphine solo is pure luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Do zombies still ignore walls/fences/doors and just walk through them? I stopped playing because of that nonsense. Drove me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Do zombies still ignore walls/fences/doors and just walk through them? I stopped playing because of that nonsense. Drove me mad.

Yes.

Guess I'll be staying away for a while longer so!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

They are using open source solution for AI, so I am guessing they are not compatible with "View geometry LOD" on models that Arma uses. If you think of it for a bit, sounds like it shouldn't be a huge deal to fix it, but apparently they are facing some technical difficulties with it. Dean says that integrating "Infusion" engine should fix that, but that will take a while...

raymix wrote: »
    They are using open source solution for AI, so I am guessing they are not compatible with "View geometry LOD" on models that Arma uses. If you think of it for a bit, sounds like it shouldn't be a huge deal to fix it, but apparently they are facing some technical difficulties with it. Dean says that integrating "Infusion" engine should fix that, but that will take a while...

I consider it to be the biggest game-breaking bug I've personally experience in any game at any stage. It's gone unresolved for so long as well, it's bizzare. They really don't seem to be doing anything about it. Sony's H1Z1 will kilL Day Z methinks, purely because Day Z seems to be at a standstill and has been for months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The latest update came out yesterday. Had a quick look see, but didn't spot any major changes immediately.

The latest update came out yesterday. Had a quick look see, but didn't spot any major changes immediately.

Changelog for any interested parties

Actions: Added cancel current player action on self and on target back to gear configuration
    Actions: Added cancel current player action on self and on target back to data and character configuration
    Actions: Added cancel current player action on self, on target and on items back to actions themselves
    Actions: Added new animations for drinking from pond and well actions
    Actions: Igniting fireplace depends on wind strength and rain
    Actions: Salmonellosis is curable with antibiotics
    Actions: Emptying large magazine will split ammo in adequate amount of smaller piles
    Actions: You can sharpen a bit badly damaged blades using stone
    Actions : You can tear few blank pages out of a book
    Actions : You can go fishing (ponds and lakes for this moment)
    Actions : You can drink whole bottle at once
    Animations: Clapping now possible while crouching
    Animations: Binoculars transitions added for crouch and prone.
    Content: Garage office building loot spawns added
    Content: Doors on vehicle wrecks now show name in scroll menu so users are able to know which door or boot they are opening/closing.
    Crafting : You can craft improvised fishing rod using long ashwood stick and rope
    Crafting : You craft and break down leather courier bag
    Crafting : You craft and break down leather backpack
    Crafting: Splitting long ashwood stick into thirds
    Crafting: Breaking Courier bag down into materials
    Crafting: Breaking Improvised backpack down into materials
    Crafting: Breaking Splint down into materials
    Gathering : You can collect wood from bushes and trees and also search for kindling in woods
    Gathering : You can mine stones from some smaller boulders
    Gathering : You can dig up worms from ground
    Gathering : You can search for apples
    Gathering : You can skin and quarter animals
    Gear: Road flare configuration
    Gear: Road flare animation
    Gear: Configuration of fireplace items and crafting recipes for them
    Gear: Crafting recipes for combine/split firewood and stones
    Gear: Added flare particle effects synchronization on server
    Item: AKM attachments (folding buttstock, rail handguard, plastic magazine), AK rail handguard allows the attachment of a flashlight and a bipod
    Item: Animal pelts added (Wildboar, Rabbit, Cow, Pig, Deer)
    Item: Improvised Backpack and Courier bag made of fur, recipes added.
    Items: Road Flare, Fishing hook, High Capacity vest, Longhorn pistol, AKM butt stocks, AKM magazines added to loot spawns
    Items: Chernarus Police uniform (pants, jacket, cap) added to loot spawns
    Items: OREL special Police unit uniform added to loot spawns
    Items: Gorka Military Pants added to loot spawns
    Items: Various meats configs
    Item : Improvised fishing rod config
    Item: Fishing hook config
    Item: Fishing bait config
    Item: Worm config
    Server: Animals spawning
    Server: Initial implementation of dynamic server events

Fixed:
    Actions: Added conditions to crafting recipes
    Actions: Wooden sticks are stackable, crafting recipes with sticks modified to take stacks into account
    Actions: Catching some rain action, doesn't add water to a stomach
    Actions: Removed 'isUsingSomething' variable from player's stored variables
    Actions: Deconstructing improvised backpack produce wooden sticks in actual quantity required to craft it
    Actions: Fireplace sound effects fixed
    Actions: Fixed addressee of the messages in ignite fireplace action
    Action: Changed frying time to 30s
    Action: Higher probability to light fire in the wind
    Actions: Splitting ruined ammo won't create a pristine stack
    Actions: Bow loading action fixed
    Actions: Firewood splitting action fixed
    Animations: Fixed an issue where some animations were not interrupted with a death animation, when the player died
    Animations: Eating, drinking, crafting animations states are now correctly connected to death states
    Animations: More animations are now able to be cancelled(crafting, pills, injection)
    Animations: Some basic movement with binoculars is now possible in raised pose
    Config: Binoculars ability to be placed into holster
    Crafting: Splint recipe fix
    Gear: Changed firewood model
    Gear: Road flares to last 15 minutes
    Gear: Adding parameter to geometry lod to resolve alpha sorting
    Gear: Road flare cannot be lit after it's has already been used
    Gear: Road flare quantity is not showing in inventory for now (removed till they able to be stacked)
    Gear: Added cooking subclass to other meat configs
    Gear: Model filename changed for burned fillet
    Items: Shoes become damaged after falling from height
    Item : Long ashwood stick inventory size increased, can be placed on back
    Item: Improvised short bow inventory size
    Item: Binocular inventory size changed
    Item: Closed tuna can, lack of inventory image fixed
    Item: Closed sardines can, lack of inventory image fixed
    SFX: Fixed configuration for fireplace flame sound effect
    Spawns : Bugged crossbow bolt
    VFX: Helicopter crash site smoke particle effect initialization
    Actions: Bow loading action fixed
    Actions: Firewood splitting action fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Guys, can ye recommend any servers in particular?

Anyone planning on playing this weekend.

This is part of the Steam Sale, currently -15%, at E20.39

This is part of the Steam Sale, currently -15%, at E20.39

It's part of yesterdays daily deal so it's going to expire soon, not likely to get any cheaper for the rest of the sale. If anyone does miss it it'll likely show up again during the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Anyone else noticed a serious amount of crashes since the last update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah new update is pretty glitchy, broken legs for no reason and crashes when running into buildings.

Found the new update introduced a massive amount of rubber banding for me, like a good 30 seconds or so. Will put it back in the oven so.

Found the new update introduced a massive amount of rubber banding for me, like a good 30 seconds or so. Will put it back in the oven so.

Was reading that on reddit. Apparently the .46 on Exp branch eliminates that. But as all good programming goes, it threw up a bug making no loot spawn in tents anymore.

Also they de militarised the NEAF in .46 so to get proper Military loot you'll need to start going to NWAF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Was reading that on reddit. Apparently the .46 on Exp branch eliminates that. But as all good programming goes, it threw up a bug making no loot spawn in tents anymore.

Also they de militarised the NEAF in .46 so to get proper Military loot you'll need to start going to NWAF

Good programming? :pac:

Good programming? :pac:

HTisMpC.jpg

The new AKM is a beast up close but the weapon sway they've introduced is crazy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I made this, more encounters & funny ****e:

Enjoy!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Right, so I'm a bush and BOOM a guy runs by my screaming how hes just robbed all my gear, I'm stripped down to my boxers in the blink of an eye, yet he is also naked. What happened to all my gear? Hacker? Can someone rob you by just being next to you? He was glitching all over the map

• Advertisement

PMC83 wrote: »
    Right, so I'm a bush and BOOM a guy runs by my screaming how hes just robbed all my gear, I'm stripped down to my boxers in the blink of an eye, yet he is also naked. What happened to all my gear? Hacker? Can someone rob you by just being next to you? He was glitching all over the map
    Its a hacker, they can just steel gear from anyone, from anywhere

Advertisement