Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ferry to France (Launch Offer)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

lafors wrote: »
    I'll be probably booking with these tomorrow, the savings are huge. From looking at the video it's the exact same type of ship I got back from Cherbourg with Celtic Link during the ash cloud travel chaos a couple of years ago. That ferry was small but very nice, not ideal for kids but at that price the kids will be doing what they're told ;)

How would it be for adults travelling without kids and outside school holidays (i.e few kids on board)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

First Up wrote: »
    How would it be for adults travelling without kids and outside school holidays (i.e few kids on board)?

I'd be grand...shure it sails out @ 9pm, so you can stay up late in the bar till 12 for intance, then hit the bunk in your cabin, then ZZZZz for 8 or 9 hours, then up the next morn , and take the next day @ leisure on board til it docks at 7pm, just plan your day.....and bring lots of stuff to read/do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

July 4
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    I'd be grand...shure it sails out @ 9pm, so you can stay up late in the bar till 12 for intance, then hit the bunk in your cabin, then ZZZZz for 8 or 9 hours, then up the next morn , and take the next day @ leisure on board til it docks at 7pm, just plan your day.....and bring lots of stuff to read/do.

Have to agree with those comments.

I am going in June but with two kids.

I went on the celticlink to france last year and keeping the kids occupied was a problem but I had a laptop and dvds. If its just two adults, then you will have no problems. Bring a book or whatever you do and the time will pass easy enough.

Have to agree with those comments.

I am going in June but with two kids.

I went on the celticlink to france last year and keeping the kids occupied was a problem but I had a laptop and dvds. If its just two adults, then you will have no problems. Bring a book or whatever you do and the time will pass easy enough.

Thanks; looking at a run in the Spring for golf, some ambience and a few bottles of wine. Not a lot in the price difference on the dates of interest and still prefer the bigger (from a passenger viewpoint) boats - and shorter crossings. Great there is some competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Little bit about the Ferry service from the People Paper yesterday.
    288847.png

• Advertisement

Excellent, I booked our campsite this very morn, 5 Star , well rated, got kids club, 3 pools, water slides, all the usual facilities, near the sea, and not far from St. Nazire, so no mad drive/distance to cover when off the ferry and for a cracking deal, 11 nights - €485

So, ferry - €325 , Campsite €485 - all in €810 - what a deal :)

please feel free to pm me anyone is you want to know the campsite and their contact details, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭billie1b

Excellent, I booked our campsite this very morn, 5 Star , well rated, got kids club, 3 pools, water slides, all the usual facilities, near the sea, and not far from St. Nazire, so no mad drive/distance to cover when off the ferry and for a cracking deal, 11 nights - €485

please feel free to pm me anyone is you want to know the campsite and their contact details, thanks

Great bargain, enjoy your holiday, can't go wrong with a carcation

billie1b wrote: »
    Great bargain, enjoy your holiday, can't go wrong with a carcation

god yeah, looking forward to it, the kids are so into it!

I googlemapped the campsite.....it's only 19 mins from St. Nazaire , over the bridge. I was talking to them this morn, they're very helpful, and are keen for bookings. They're coming to Ireland next week to a holiday show here - is there one in the rds or somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

god yeah, looking forward to it, the kids are so into it!

I googlemapped the campsite.....it's only 19 mins from St. Nazaire , over the bridge. I was talking to them this morn, they're very helpful, and are keen for bookings. They're coming to Ireland next week to a holiday show here - is there one in the rds or somewhere?

Seems to be. Here is a bargain alert for free tickets that someone posted in bargain alerts. Bargain within a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Hmm I tried this and spotted a flaw!
    For anyone with 3 kids you are not allowed book a 4 bed cabin!

The extra cost of booking a "seat" is an additional €90-odd euro...........

Not impressed - especially as my kids are small enough to share a bed.....

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭billie1b

Had the same problem with Irish Ferries two years ago, I rang the call centre and they looked after us, maybe try ring them and query it, ask for a tour of the bridge too, ya never know, you might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

July 4

I always book one cabin and someone doubles up. Sometimes you are charged for a seat too. I never thought to ring up about it. Any hoo the fighting over the top bunk is deadly. Best of luck with that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

that is amazing value:)
    Our ferry cost nearly 900 with cabins and that was by far the cheapest.
    Are you bringing a tent or renting a mobile home/tent there?

The campsite sounds gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm getting €600 for last week in July 1st week in August..what dates are the €300 trips for?tia

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They were quoting us 1200 return for going in June and back in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭JohnR1968

July 25
    I've 4 kids and it wouldn't let me book 1 cabin, so I tried booking 2 and that worked. Total cost €357 mid-July sailing, booked trip in Dec. Don't think it cost any extra.
    Try putting 2 cabins in, see if that works.
    GL

They wouldn't let me book 1 cabin either and 2 of mine are babies,one isn't born yet:)

The basic before cabins comes up as 839(ldlines),I think people that booked very early on got great offers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

August 8

No flaw when I booked 1 x Cabin & 1 x Seat for August

Vehicle Height: No more than 185cm.
    Vehicle Length: No more than 500cm.
    Accommodation: 1 of 4 Berth Cabin (Outside)
    1 of Standard Seat

Cost: 261.50 GBP

Moonbeam wrote: »
    that is amazing value:)
    Our ferry cost nearly 900 with cabins and that was by far the cheapest.
    Are you bringing a tent or renting a mobile home/tent there?

The campsite sounds gorgeous.

renting a nice mobile...it looks great. :)

there's also an onsite SPA for the missus to have a treatment in! ohhh, and me too z)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

July 25

I booked for the wife & 3 kids
    Cabin & seat (with the car obviously) was €319 in July

Wasn't going to start complaining.

Seat won't be used as two kids can double up.

• Advertisement

We are booked for August with the kids. First time travelling by ferry and using a cabin. A possible silly question, is there charging points in the cabin for charging devices such as lap-tops etc.

July 4
    I got Rosslare - St Nazarre, June 27th to July 11th, Car, 3 adults, 2 kids, cabin for 4, one seat, (seat not required, but had to book it), return, for 347 euro all in.

Of course, that was in the opening sale. I dont see anyone getting that deal now.

I am delighted the other poster mentioned that campsite and the fact they are coming to the holiday show next week. I have been in touch with him and have the general details. Looks super.

I will be first in line to see them. :D

July 4
    wextipp wrote: »
    We are booked for August with the kids. First time travelling by ferry and using a cabin. A possible silly question, is there charging points in the cabin for charging devices such as lap-tops etc.

If its the same layout as celticlink, which I think it is, there are one or two 3 pin sockets inbetween the bunks.

Thats from memory of its sister ship last midterm break. Same builder and identical in the publicity photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Any ferry built within the last 20 odd years with cabins will have charging points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

July 11
    Eight Ball wrote: »
    Any ferry built within the last 20 odd years with cabins will have charging points.

The scintu is likely to have these though depending on hw extensive its refit by the summer so bring travel adapter:
    socket-normal.jpg

I think we might be staying on the same campsite...:)

moodrater wrote: »
    The scintu is likely to have these though depending on hw extensive its refit by the summer so bring travel adapter:
    socket-normal.jpg

As you are going to France, would you not be bringing adaptors anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrsoft

July 18
    I availed of the offer of the ferry to St Nazaire and Im thrilled.

Could I adk someone a favour please? Could one of you pm me the details of this campsite as Id like a look. Thanks.

First Up wrote: »
    As you are going to France, would you not be bringing adaptors anyway?
    Point is get them before you go and don't wait until you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Point is get them before you go and don't wait until you get there.

Or don't forget to bring them up from the car !

Advertisement