Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Don't follow rugby lads who is the fella yere on about why the big fuss

Big D4 head, adored by fellow D4 heads. Takes a knock, stay's down for ages before slowly struggling to his feet, loves the applause, and runs around then like nothing happened.
    Turns up against the minnows and goes missing against the big guns.

You haven't missed much. Think his wife posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ft9 wrote: »
    Big D4 head, adored by fellow D4 heads. Takes a knock, stay's down for ages before slowly struggling to his feet, loves the applause, and runs around then like nothing happened.
    Turns up against the minnows ad goes missing against the big guns.

Sums it up perfectly.

Think a few lads on boards have his calender in their bedroom too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Oh look he is at it again :rolleyes:
    jimjamcos wrote: »
    No offence lad, but your criticism of O'Driscall is laughable.

Go watch him play in the flesh sometime and see for yourself the punishment he takes. And it has been that way since he got the hatrick against France as a youngster in 2000. In the 14 years since he's lifted Irish rugby to a level never seen before.

A genius, an unbelievable battler and Ireland's greatest ever sportsperson. No doubt about it imo.

No offence lad, but are you blinded by your lust for him?

You must have read some other post and replied to mine. All rugby players take big hits, that today was what I was talking about.

Fingers tips to the abs and he is down like Klinsmann just to get a round of applause. He does it at least once every game.

Never said he isn't the greatest rugby player we have ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Terrible price. Mulhollands were 9/2 and even that was robbery.

Still....hero of a man

It was but its better than a kick in the hole

ft9 wrote: »
    Turns up against the minnows and goes missing against the big guns.

This is him on the Late Late Show, go to 6:50 if this link doesn't:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

No offence lad, but are you blinded by your lust for him?

You must have read some other post and replied to mine. All rugby players take big hits, that today was what I was talking about.

Fingers tips to the abs and he is down like Klinsmann just to get a round of applause. He does it at least once every game.

Never said he isn't the greatest rugby player we have ever had.

Haha yep, me and the rest of the country! :pac:

How do you know it was a "finger tip"?

How do you know how hard the hits he takes are?

Do you honestly believe he hasn't put his body on the line more than any other player over the last 14 years?

Have you been watching Ireland play over the last decade or so?!? :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe he hasn't put his body on the line more than any other player over the last 14 years?

Fairly certain Paul O'Connell takes/gives more hits per games than a centre like BOD who goes missing every second games he plays.

I heard he's a Protestant!

Jaysus, you are in love, when are you going to kill the Huberman bitch :pac:

I saw it, the match was on telly. The whistle was blown and the guy tackled him and "Drico" had both slowed right down.

I spent two years being trained by the Leinster Coach so I have a fair idea.

No, I am a real rugby fan and have been watching the last 30 years, I didn't just fall in love with Drico and start watching it :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Fairly certain Paul O'Connell takes/gives more hits per games than a centre like BOD who goes missing every second games he plays.

Wrong. Who's going top put in/take more hits, a quick centre or a slow lock? You're buying into the old cliche that the big lad makes more tackles because he's 3 stone heavier and plays upfront. That's not the case at all. Players like O'Driscall, Darcy, O'Mahony, Heaslip and O'Brien who are constantly on their feet around the breakdown regularly top the tackle list because they're getting around the park much more than the slowboats.

Anyway on basic stats, O'Driscall has 140 international caps, while O'Connell has barely reached 100.

The fact that O'Driscall has an annoying D4 accent and resides in D4 shouldn't really count, but usually does in this case.

You're entitled to your opinion Slattsy but I'd stick to commenting on the horses if you're going to start slating O'Driscall! :pac:

• Advertisement

Did you cry today Jimjamhuberman?

Wrong. Who's going top put in/take more hits, a quick centre or a slow lock? You're buying into the old cliche that the big lad makes more tackles because he's 3 stone heavier and plays upfront. That's not the case at all. Players like O'Driscall, Darcy, O'Mahony, Heaslip and O'Brien who are constantly on their feet around the breakdown regularly top the tackle list because they're getting around the park much more than the slowboats.

Anyway on basic stats, O'Driscall has 140 international caps, while O'Connell has barely reached 100.

The fact that O'Driscall has an annoying D4 accent and resides in D4 shouldn't really count, but usually does in this case.

You're entitled to your opinion Slattsy but I'd stick to commenting on the horses if you're going to start slating O'Driscall! :pac:

I see you are a big fan.
    Its O'Driscoll !!!

I see you are a big fan.
    Its O'Driscoll !!!

I call him O'Rascal because of his pretend injuries, when he gets up grinning I just smile and think to myself, O'Rascal is at it again.

I see you are a big fan.
    Its O'Driscoll !!!

Whatever. You're still as wrong as you were about Adebayor.. :D

And as for Hucklebuck. I couldn't give two shizers who's trained you.. or your mother, but I'm glad you felt the need to mention it. Would Willie Mullins make a job of ya? Anyway, you're great, rugby's great, O'DriscAll's a wimp, you the man, hope you clean up at Cheltenham because you deserve it!

If "the Coach" has any tips, pass them on boy, pass them on! :D

BOD xoxo

hhoQJg0.jpg

hhoQJg0.jpg

Haha the fact you went to the effort of doing that would suggest you're about 18. Am I correct? :)

And as for Hucklebuck. I couldn't give two shizers who's trained you.. or your mother, but I'm glad you felt the need to mention it. Would Willie Mullins make a job of ya? Anyway, you're great, rugby's great, O'DriscAll's a wimp, you the man, hope you clean up at Cheltenham because you deserve it!

This response because I answered a question, wow, really, wow.

Thats brilliant lol

This response because I answered a question, wow, really, wow.

I didn't ask for your CV though did I? Was a sarcastic question, and pretty sure you knew that. Anyway, this debate/argument is going round in circles. Just annoys me the way we Irish begrudgers try find faults with anyone successful and do our best to knock them off their pedestal. Well done on the humorous slagging though and all the best with your opinion.

Enjoy the festival, Over & Out.

I didn't ask for your CV though did I? Was a sarcastic question, and pretty sure you knew that. Anyway, this debate/argument is going round in circles. Just annoys me the way we Irish begrudgers try find faults with anyone successful and do our best to knock them off their pedestal. Well done on the humorous slagging though and all the best with your opinion.

Enjoy the festival, Over & Out.

To be fair, I wouldn't have answered if it came across as sarcastic.

I don't think saying he stays down to get applause a fair bit makes him any less of a player or the best centre in the World for the last 10 years.

Roger that, good luck at the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

only1stevo wrote: »
    BOD Man of the Match is probably buying money today!

The free-est

only1stevo wrote: »
    The free-est

Good shout man, I thought the match was 4pm so missed the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've a feeling the lads are only messing. Anyways, for his performance in big games alone (France 00, oz 01, oz 03, England 02, England 04, France 05, England 07, Wales 07, and oz 11 especially) he deserves each and every accolade 100 times over. It's strange in Ireland, we're so small we don't often get someone we can count as one of the best in the world. Sonia was one, despite her getting screwed by drug takers. Harrington was another, until he lost his mind. I'd still say bod is our greatest of the lot

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I've a feeling the lads are only messing. Anyways, for his performance in big games alone (France 00, oz 01, oz 03, England 02, England 04, France 05, England 07, Wales 07, and oz 11 especially) he deserves each and every accolade 100 times over. It's strange in Ireland, we're so small we don't often get someone we can count as one of the best in the world. Sonia was one, despite her getting screwed by drug takers. Harrington was another, until he lost his mind. I'd still say bod is our greatest of the lot

Top Three are probably Taylor, O Driscoll and Keane not necessarily in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Anyone know a decent pub for the week's racing in Cork? Wifi would be a big plus as I could use my laptop.

I've seen a lot of racing shown in Larry Tompkins but I'm unsure about the wifi. I know the pubs around UCC do a good bit of business as well but I couldn't be bothered hiking up there.

Anyone know if Seabeat gets into Fred Winter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Top Three are probably Taylor, O Driscoll and Keane not necessarily in that order.

Harrington is almost definitely the best sports person that has ever came out of this country. Bar non . IMO of course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Preview on TG4 tonight 6.25pm don McLean etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

How in gods name would Katie Taylor be above Sonia o Sullivan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

kiers47 wrote: »
    Harrington is almost definitely the best sports person that has ever came out of this country. Bar non . IMO of course

Pity he lost the plot after his success, the fact O'Driscoll has been consistently one of the best for a more sustained period of time would make him more deserving of the title imo. Keane would be up there but of course Saipan is still in a lot of memories.

Advertisement