Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlemen's essential possessions

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Candie wrote: »
    After having a gift I put a lot of thought into and went to a lot of effort to get for someone, go both unthanked and unacknowledged, I would add good manners to a gentleman's essentials. Manners really do maketh the man.

Bad manners are very hard to overlook but free and easy to rectify.

That's pretty crummy. Get the undeserving oaf something completely pointless next time like a loo brush or a box of blank video tapes.

cantdecide wrote: »
    That's pretty crummy. Get the undeserving oaf something completely pointless next time like a loo brush or a box of blank video tapes.

He's a new colleague and I thought he was having trouble settling in and that it might help him feel appreciated and welcome. I won't bother again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

He's a new colleague and I thought he was having trouble settling in and that it might help him feel appreciated and welcome. I won't bother again! :)

It was a lovely gesture. I hope it wouldn't put you off doing such a thing in the future.

Is there any way he was just taken aback? Some people are just weird, of course!!

cantdecide wrote: »
    It was a lovely gesture. I hope it wouldn't put you off doing such a thing in the future.

Is there any way he was just taken aback? Some people are just weird, of course!!

No, I think he's just boorish. It's the general opinion, but I thought he might just be a bit aloof. Definitely just a bit weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

Knowledge of the following:

Massaging a woman's g-spot.
    The rear naked choke hold.
    Heimlich maneuver.
    Field strip an AK-47.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

awec wrote: »
    What is this nonsense? Post in a way that others can actually understand.

to be honest I assumed that he was tipping his hat to people (not questioning the mod btw).

back on thread:

A gentleman should look after his physical health these day too. so some sort of sports equipment should be in order.

A good a pair of runners and some fashionable but not garishly coloured training clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

After having a gift I put a lot of thought into and went to a lot of effort to get for someone, go both unthanked and unacknowledged, I would add good manners to a gentleman's essentials. Manners really do maketh the man.

Bad manners are very hard to overlook but free and easy to rectify.
    Not exclusively a one way street, this one.

cabledude wrote: »
    Not exclusively a one way street, this one.

I didn't suggest it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

A large bank account if he is to meet the requirements of this thread!

A true gentleman considers such things as keeping track of his bank balance as below him.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

How has the thread gotten this far without the mention of dueling pistols or swords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kieranfitz wrote: »
    A true gentleman considers such things as keeping track of his bank balance as below him.

Hmmmm...I'm going to go with a 'false' on that one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

D'Agger wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with the pen, I can't use fountain pens properly due to left handedness unfortunately, but there are nice pens out there.

You can get fountain pens w/ left-handed nibs, e.g., LAMY pens

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

A brave and gallant codpiece - the chief piece of any gentleman's chattels

Advertisement