Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

allybhoy wrote: »
    did you get an activation key in the box? If you cant find it then i wouldnt bother just buying it on its own to be honest, the maps arent the greatest.
    You could go for the premium bundle when Second Assault comes out as it may be cheaper in the long run, there are loads of premium only goodies this month for player appreciation month such as shortcut unlocks to DMR's and shotguns and there is a 2nd doublexp event this month aswell for premium only.

I have an activation key still, the same one as I used for the PS3; I never even considered I could use it again, will give it a shot tonight! The china rising icon is still on my battlelog so maybe I just have to download it from the store as opposed to in-game.

I may be wrong and feel free to correct me, but as far as I know, unless you got BF4 premium for the PS3 the codes to unlock China Rising don't transfer over to next gen.
    This is a quote I found online "There are two conditions of getting the China Rising Expansion. 1-Customers should have pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for their Next Gen Console at full retail price… OR… 2- Customers should have purchased Battlefield 4 Premium for either their Gen 3 or Gen 4 Console"

Balls! :(

Time to either shell out for premium or give EA another 11 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

chickenboy wrote: »
    I'm fuzziedunlop200, just recently transferred over from the PS3.

On that note, does that mean I have to buy the China Rising DLC? I got it as a preorder bonus for the PS3, but it's asking me to pay for it this time.

As ally said the maps arent the best, and to make it worse, you have to actually go into a dedicated server running the expansion maps meaning damn all people will use them but i think a lot of people will use the upcoming second assault map pack with the BF3 maps re-mastered with levolution and 64 players, which includes metro, gulf of oman and caspian border.

On a lighter note i'll add you asap.

I also made a IRL emblem if any want to use it.

Wxybilf.png

If you're interested in using it, let me know and i'll show you how.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

BordorFox wrote: »
    As ally said the maps arent the best, and to make it worse, you have to actually go into a dedicated server running the expansion maps meaning damn all people will use them but i think a lot of people will use the upcoming second assault map pack with the BF3 maps re-mastered with levolution and 64 players, which includes metro, gulf of oman and caspian border.

Wxybilf.png

Yup I'll go with you on that dermot, maps arent the best, nice job on the emblem, I'll stick it with me others, just looking for a cobra one first

cobraeire wrote: »
    Yup I'll go with you on that dermot, maps arent the best, nice job on the emblem, I'll stick it with me others, just looking for a cobra one first

Yeah good job.

To add the emblem above you do the following.

1. Log in to BF4 Battlelog.
    2. Visit the Customize emblem page and click ADD +.
    3. Open the browser console (Ctrl-Shift-J for Chrome, Ctrl-Shift-K for Firefox, Ctrl-Shift-I for Opera, F12 for IE).
    4. Scroll down to the bottom of the console window if not at the bottom already and paste the following code in and press Enter

emblem.emblem.load({   "objects": [     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 265.5,       "height": 59,       "width": 149,       "asset": "WeaponCarbine",       "selectable": true,       "left": 161.5,       "fill": "#FFF200"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 162.5,       "height": 315,       "width": 301,       "asset": "Shield7",       "selectable": true,       "left": 159.5,       "fill": "#005952"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 94.5,       "height": 37,       "width": 160,       "asset": "Crown2",       "selectable": true,       "left": 161,       "fill": "#FFF200"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 174,       "height": 100,       "width": 66,       "asset": "Square",       "selectable": true,       "left": 92,       "fill": "#005826"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 174,       "height": 100,       "width": 67,       "asset": "Square",       "selectable": true,       "left": 159.5,       "fill": "#FFFFFF"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 174,       "height": 100,       "width": 66,       "asset": "Square",       "selectable": true,       "left": 226,       "fill": "#F26522"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 174,       "height": 78,       "width": 20,       "asset": "Stroke",       "selectable": true,       "left": 92,       "fill": "#000000"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 173,       "height": 80,       "width": 20,       "asset": "Stroke",       "selectable": true,       "left": 141,       "fill": "#000000"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 173,       "height": 80,       "width": 56.00359375,       "asset": "Number8",       "selectable": true,       "left": 158.998203125,       "fill": "#000000"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 203.5,       "height": 29,       "width": 19,       "asset": "Square",       "selectable": true,       "left": 160.5,       "fill": "#FFFFFF"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 199,       "height": 30,       "width": 16,       "asset": "Square",       "selectable": true,       "left": 179,       "fill": "#000000"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 173.5,       "height": 77,       "width": 20,       "asset": "Stroke",       "selectable": true,       "left": 212,       "fill": "#000000"     },     {       "opacity": 1,       "angle": 0.3199743973,       "flipX": false,       "flipY": false,       "top": 204.0109970146,       "height": 17.8936123334,       "width": 47.0273459152,       "asset": "Stroke",       "selectable": true,       "left": 226.4691449583,       "fill": "#000000"     }   ] });

Click Save & USE

If it doesn't work for you, let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Wxybilf.png

On a side note about china rising, not sure if you guys know but there are no levelution events in CR which is strange, however it seems that Dice had planned to put levolution events into CR but for some reason pulled them... more info here..

On a side note about china rising, not sure if you guys know but there are no levelution events in CR which is strange, however it seems that Dice had planned to put levolution events into CR but for some reason pulled them... more info here..

Supose that what makes the a bit boring, there grand to play for about an hour tops, then you start getting sick of them

Supose that what makes the a bit boring, there grand to play for about an hour tops, then you start getting sick of them

I did give them a quick shot on the PS3 before christmas, and wasn't particularly impressed, but it's still galling to pay for something twice over!

And thanks for the emblem Fox, got it added in now!

I did give them a quick shot on the PS3 before christmas, and wasn't particularly impressed, but it's still galling to pay for something twice over!

And thanks for the emblem Fox, got it added in now!

Good good, There is a post here that mentions how to add the IRL clan tag also if you're interested.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Maybe it's just me, but 64 man Conquest on Dragons Pass can be fantastic. Using the raised rice fields as cover while trying to push on to the flag is very rewarding. Had a great match the other day, myself and a squadmate fighting to push onto the C flag only to be intercepted by 9 infantry, 2 MBTs and the LAV......... as cliché as it sounds, it was one of those 'only in Battlefield' moments

I know it sucks having to pay again but to be honest, I'd just get Premium. Early access to the DLCs, extra battlepacks and double xp weekends. If you've any intention of playing the game for a while the you may as well plan long term with your purchases

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just me, but 64 man Conquest on Dragons Pass can be fantastic. Using the raised rice fields as cover while trying to push on to the flag is very rewarding. Had a great match the other day, myself and a squadmate fighting to push onto the C flag only to be intercepted by 9 infantry, 2 MBTs and the LAV......... as cliché as it sounds, it was one of those 'only in Battlefield' moments

I know it sucks having to pay again but to be honest, I'd just get Premium. Early access to the DLCs, extra battlepacks and double xp weekends. If you've any intention of playing the game for a while the you may as well plan long term with your purchases

I just find them a bit meh, like its nothing we haven't seen before, they are ok, just wouldnt play them on a continual basis. I prefer Peaks to Dragon's Pass, I find DP too open with not enough indestructible cover, and infantry can get obliterated by even a semi competent tank squad. If Attack choppers were buffed up and could take out vehicles then it wouldnt be too bad but it generally just turns into a major tank \ LAV battle.

Altai Range and Silk road are too big and boring, although i do like the base near the satellite dish in AR. Another thing that annoys me that has been mentioned is that they are not in rotation in the normal servers, so you have to pick a specific CR server anytime you want to play and after 2 rounds personally i get bored and jump back to the vanilla maps. im hoping this wont be the case with Second Assault but im guessing it will be.

Maybe im just lazy but it just seems such an effort to just go into the dedicated server just to play 4 maps that within its 4 span rotation gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

right ive followed all the instructions for the emblem it says emblem fully loaded and rendered now how do i use it

right ive followed all the instructions for the emblem it says emblem fully loaded and rendered now how do i use it

If you clicked save an use it should now be active and you will see it on your guns and vehicles and if you kill someone, they should see it on their screen in killcam.

Maybe im just lazy but it just seems such an effort to just go into the dedicated server just to play 4 maps that within its 4 span rotation gets old.

Will second assault be the same? Im guessing so, Id personally love a 24\7 gulf of oman server, cant wait to play that again, quality map

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

If you clicked save an use it should now be active and you will see it on your guns and vehicles and if you kill someone, they should see it on their screen in killcam.

no it hasnt loaded up on the layers canvas so im trying to replicate it i was going well till i realized that ive no idea how to get the letters

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Hi folks just starting to get my head around BF4 (PS4) now after playing BF3 on PS3 since launch.

Please add me. PSN ID is: falstaff30

(Also play a bit of Killzone Shadowfall)

no it hasnt loaded up on the layers canvas so im trying to replicate it i was going well till i realized that ive no idea how to get the letters

delete the one you tried and click ADD + again and use the console again

Hi folks just starting to get my head around BF4 (PS4) now after playing BF3 on PS3 since launch.

Please add me. PSN ID is: falstaff30

(Also play a bit of Killzone Shadowfall)

Welcome sir will add you now :)

Will second assault be the same? Im guessing so, Id personally love a 24\7 gulf of oman server, cant wait to play that again, quality map

I reckon Second Assault will be exactly the same; dedicated servers for only those 4 maps. At least until we get the option to rent custom servers though. There's no point in DICE putting China Rising into a general map rotation if they can't guarantee all the players have access to the DLC.
    I'm personally looking forward to Caspian Border

• Advertisement

I reckon Second Assault will be exactly the same; dedicated servers for only those 4 maps. At least until we get the option to rent custom servers though. There's no point in DICE putting China Rising into a general map rotation if they can't guarantee all the players have access to the DLC.
    I'm personally looking forward to Caspian Border

Something to get you ready for it..

Something to get you ready for it..

Just reminds me that I never got a kill in the skid loader :(

Just reminds me that I never got a kill in the skid loader :(

Me neither, The skid loader this time around can take 3 passengers, one in the back and one in the bucket so hopefully should get some kills as passenger.

Would anybody be interested in helping others to get some unlocks?

For example, im awful in a jet but id love to get all the unlocks for them to give me a chance, perhaps we could all jump in to an empty server in air superiority and play against each other to try and get better and rank up in the jets at the same time. Or other ones such as the bombing raid etc etc. I could spawn on the enemy team, tell yis were im sitting in chat and then get whoever is in the bombing raid to kill me, then vice versa...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

Rynoh89 - add me.

I'm a Derry man living in Dublin. Always good for a few games after work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

For example, im awful in a jet but id love to get all the unlocks for them to give me a chance, perhaps we could all jump in to an empty server in air superiority and play against each other to try and get better and rank up in the jets at the same time. Or other ones such as the bombing raid etc etc. I could spawn on the enemy team, tell yis were im sitting in chat and then get whoever is in the bombing raid to kill me, then vice versa...

thats asking for a total deactivation of account dude, they are starting to look at this

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Welcome sir will add you now :)

Thanks for the add folks. Didn't make it on last night but will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Kinda defeats the purpose of the game really doesnt it?
    Im rubbish at this game but what keeps me going is the chance to unlock better equipment and have a chance, pointless if everything is unlocked already

Kinda defeats the purpose of the game really doesnt it?
    Im rubbish at this game but what keeps me going is the chance to unlock better equipment and have a chance, pointless if everything is unlocked already

Well not really, if all of us go into an empty air superiority server and play against each other we wud all get better flyin jets and rank up at the same time... win win. Like me nearly all the lads Ive played with on here on ps4 arent great in jets... and cos ive very few jet unlocks trying yo level up against better pilots is impossible. we pick an empty server and thrash it out against each other as it would b a level playing field

• Advertisement

Well not really, if all of us go into an empty air superiority server and play against each other we wud all get better flyin jets and rank up at the same time... win win. Like me nearly all the lads Ive played with on here on ps4 arent great in jets... and cos ive very few jet unlocks trying yo level up against better pilots is impossible. we pick an empty server and thrash it out against each other as it would b a level playing field

I might be wrong on this, but isn't air superiority only the stealth jets? So you won't get any unlocks for the fighters.

And anyway, just jump on a normal air superiority server, stick on an xp boost, and the unlocks will come flying in. You don't even need to be a decent dogfighter, just concentrate on the objectives and you'll be grand.

Advertisement