Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lon01

Hello guys.

I sent application form at 13 of June and i'm still waiting for any answer from DB.
    Did someone send application in similar period and get any answer?
    I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Lon01 wrote: »
    Hello guys.

I sent application form at 13 of June and i'm still waiting for any answer from DB.
    I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :]

I found it was a pretty long wait alright. It seems to depend as they do interviews in waves. I personally didn't hear anything for about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rolandinho

Lon01 wrote: »
    Hello guys.

I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :][

you should wait at least a month.
    Summer period can slow down things even more.

quick question : i have read here before that on the medical they exam blood and urine.
    Can anyone tell me why the blood wasnt taken in my case? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellablack

Can anyone tells if you can park your car at the phisboro School ? It says on the letter that you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Ellablack wrote: »
    Can anyone tells if you can park your car at the phisboro School ? It says on the letter that you can't.

You kinda answered your own question there. If you park where your not supposed to you'll get your ass clamped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ellablack wrote: »

You can park in Broadstone down the very back....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

You can park in Broadstone down the very back....

That's true but you need permission first.

threegreen wrote: »
    That's true but you need permission first.

If in training school and in uniform its fine but just make sure to park down near the back as at the front is bus eireann only

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellablack

Thanks for that. Think I bus it first and ask if I can for the next days I'm there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kingkenny21

Does the medical look for gp records?

Does the medical look for gp records?

well if you worried just say you dont have one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Dublin Bus have started recruiting again but this time you don't need your bus licence.

All you need is a licence to drive a car and Dublin Bus will provide full training

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Human-Resources/Professional-Bus-Drivers/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Dublin Bus have started recruiting again but this time you don't need your bus licence.

All you need is a licence to drive a car and Dublin Bus will provide full training

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Human-Resources/Professional-Bus-Drivers/

Well.....not just a B licence...

Hold a valid full category “B” Licence with no endorsements for minimum of two years
    Have passed the Driver Theory Test for D Licence
    Hold Learner “D” Permit
    Have completed the Driver CPC Case Study Test

However,it is indeed a significant upward gearchange,and indicative of more announcements to follow on Transport Infrastructure ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kaner102006

Hi just wondering does anyone have any advise as i have my written assessment tomorrow morning.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Hi just wondering does anyone have any advise as i have my written assessment tomorrow morning.Cheers

How did the assessment go? Where there many people at it?

The assessment went ok was easy enough just a few basic maths questions and do a 200 word report on a accident that happened on your bus. Also they had a 200 question psychometric test. I think there was about 110 people at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Is the pay on the site after tax? What are the hours in the evenings 4-12? or 5-1am?

The pay is €565.95 is gross pay (4 day week inclusive of shift) Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday depends on depot not to sure what start and finishing times are.

There are no set times as such late can be 2 or 3 onwards.

When on normal 5days late could still mean in at 730am and finish around same at night.

There are so many different times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

There are no set times as such late can be 2 or 3 onwards.

When on normal 5days late could still mean in at 730am and finish around same at night.

There are so many different times.

That's a long day ! Surely alot of breaks ?

TallGlass wrote: »
    That's a long day ! Surely alot of breaks ?

typical break on a bogie or euro could be anywhere between 1 - 5 hours normal shifts 45min up to around 1hr and half or so.

it takes a long time to get use to and adjust.

They must be really desperate for drivers so ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are they still looking for drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Are they still looking for drivers

The plan is to take on and train about 100 drivers every year for the next 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Lads can anyone tell me how long Dublin Bus takes to get back to you. I applied for driving job nearly 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Wolf219 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone tell me how long Dublin Bus takes to get back to you. I applied for driving job nearly 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back.

Takes a good while. It was around 6-7 weeks till I heard. Be set for a long wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lush and rusk

I GOT OFFERED THE JOB! Woo whoo, the whole proccess has taken over 10 moths.. Best of luck guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The plan is to take on and train about 100 drivers every year for the next 3 years

That's a bit of a large number. Where are all these drivers going ?

Garages like summerhill, ringsend and conygham road are full to the brim with drivers.
    Both donnybrooks are full too. The only place left is phibsboro and harristown and i hear they can't take much more.

I note rest days (everyday) are now a struggle to get even for drivers 10 years in the job and overtime has disappeared mostly now.

So why all the drivers ? (I ask because you seem to have more insight as this is the first I've heard this)

Advertisement