Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Is this going to be announced soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rgb.ie wrote: »

Soon enough, Credit Union should be busy next week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rgb.ie wrote: »

Some saying it'll be announced during the nfl on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Beersmith

If frankie gets a shot at ufc200 which is looking likely Im sure he will be very happy and thats only 6 months from his last fight which is not that long for most title challengers. Didnt cerrone just wait longer than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

In fairness, it should be Conor vs Frankie at FW and RDA vs probably Ferguson or Khabib had he been fit at LW. UFC are thinking $$$ though, they have their big money fight vs RDA now and even if Conor loses, he can defend his belt against Frankie after for another $$$ fight. If he fought Frankie first and lost, the money fight vs RDA wouldn't be a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If Conor was to pickup an injury or a KO, meaning unable to fight for a set length of time, would Frankie wait? Or do you think he would end up fighting Aldo for a number one contender spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JJayoo wrote: »
    If Conor was to pickup an injury or a KO, meaning unable to fight for a set length of time, would Frankie wait? Or do you think he would end up fighting Aldo for a number one contender spot?

I'd say the latter personally, though it could just be because I'd love to see it. Mega money and could give a good gauge on where Aldo really is (13 seconds in 15 months doesn't really give much to go off, now does it? :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Looking forward to Mcgregor v RDA.

Would have preferred him (Conor) to have had a couple of "warm up" fights in the 155 division before taking on the current champion,I wouldnt put it past him if he does do the business there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

JJayoo wrote: »

Interim belt I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

According to reports the photo he posted recently has landed him in hot water. But I read that Gardai are investigating it and it's possible he could get up to 1 year in prison for possession of a replica firearm. Is this true?
    Forgive my lack of knowledge on airsoft but aren't most airsoft guns replica firearms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    According to reports the photo he posted recently has landed him in hot water. But I read that Gardai are investigating it and it's possible he could get up to 1 year in prison for possession of a replica firearm. Is this true?
    Forgive my lack of knowledge on airsoft but aren't most airsoft guns replica firearms?

I'd imagine it's one of his father's airsoft guns he loves so much. I suspect nothing will come of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dont see the problem with the picture,hes on private property with an air soft gun,the police investigating this are a joke there is hundreds if not thousands out there with airsoft guns posting pictures online,he literally put a video up only the other day shooting the thing in his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Nothing will come of it, or shouldn't at least.

My friend took an airsoft rifle out of his car to bring into the house, police turned up after someone called the police.

It looked like an exact replica, to the point where they took it away to be examined.

He just got a friendly warning and told him to buy a case or don't bring it out in public again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Billy86 wrote: »
    Chad was absolutely all over McGregor until he gassed - he had a valid excuse, as his prep time for a fight was short.

McGregor won through endurance, but was mauled until that kicked in - he had a valid excuse as his prep time for Chad's style was short.

Rematch between the two would be awesome, no cardio prep excuses for Chad and no TDD prep excuses for McGregor.

Mauled? :D ....that little scratch that bled out like a shaving cut added to all the blood on the canvas from previous fights sure did give off that impression......the reality is he was never in trouble on his back with Mendes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It's an airsoft gun... I have three....

Ridiculous

RemarkableSillyHen.gif

Just thought I'd repost this,knocked into another dimension when he comes swinging wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

i think the much more serious issue here is why is he not in the gym training for the biggest fight of his life ?. he is just 10 weeks out against a man they say he won't beat and here he is running around like a 4 year old with his first toy gun.

Never mind the fact that it is obvious he indulged in the turkey and ham over crimbo - you gotta say he is on slippery ground and is probably finished shortly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

i think the much more serious issue here is why is he not in the gym training for the biggest fight of his life ?. he is just 10 weeks out against a man they say he won't beat and here he is running around like a 4 year old with his first toy gun.

Never mind the fact that it is obvious he indulged in the turkey and ham over crimbo - you gotta say he is on slippery ground and is probably finished shortly

So much troll...

He is 7 weeks out..most fight camps are 8 weeks. He is fighting at a higher weight class than previously, the weight cut will be easier..his last fight lasted 13 seconds and he left without a scratch so he is fit and ready..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

the same stuff was said when he was doing nightclub appearances 6/7/8 weeks from the Aldo fight, how did that turn out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Axwell wrote: »
    So much troll...

He is 7 weeks out..most fight camps are 8 weeks. He is fighting at a higher weight class than previously, the weight cut will be easier..his last fight lasted 13 seconds and he left without a scratch so he is fit and ready..

Dont feed it. If you feed it then it will come back......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nothing will come of it. The law is basically there because its illegal to have one out in public because if you were to point one at someone in public its impossible to tell if its real or just a replica. He would have got a telling off, signed some autographs and took a few pics with the cops in question and be told not to take it out and about in public again.

Not to drag this on about the gun but that looks like a drive way to the house,would he be pedantic to say hes handling the gun on private property?

He already posted on facebook an apology (jokingly) saying he was just practicing for a film..as I said nothing will/has happened over it..

"5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
    I apologise for having the air-soft in public. I was simply rehearsing for a potential upcoming film role.
    I understand that the more traffic a story can get the more revenue it generates. So I understand and respect that the media must create these stories and these situations even if at times it is at other people's expense.
    We've all got to eat. And I eat well.
    So I will not complain."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

The full post was pretty epic....and humble (in parts)

thenotoriousmma1. Rolling Stone, thank you for putting me as one of your top 25 sex symbols of 2015! My Mother will be delighted and proud!
    2. ESPN, FOX, BT Sports, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, MMA Junkie and Sherdog thank you all for awarding me fighter of the year 2015!
    I appreciate all the hardworking media and their love and commitment to the sport is truly valued.
    3. Fighters Only MMA Awards, thank you for the nominations for Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, International Fighter of the year.
    I will be in Las Vegas to attend the event and collect all my awards.
    4. Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.

In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death.
    Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again.
    If you want we can organise a fight no problem.
    I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.

At 27 years of age I now hold the key to this game.
    The game answers to me now.
    5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
    I apologise for having the air-soft in public. I was simply rehearsing for a potential upcoming film role.
    I understand that the more traffic a story can get the more revenue it generates. So I understand and respect that the media must create these stories and these situations even if at times it is at other people's expense.
    So I will not complain.

6. My next fight.
    What can I say, it's just another night of easy work for me.
    I don't just own the game. I run it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

The full post was pretty epic....and humble (in parts)

thenotoriousmma1. Rolling Stone, thank you for putting me as one of your top 25 sex symbols of 2015! My Mother will be delighted and proud!
    2. ESPN, FOX, BT Sports, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, MMA Junkie and Sherdog thank you all for awarding me fighter of the year 2015!
    I appreciate all the hardworking media and their love and commitment to the sport is truly valued.
    3. Fighters Only MMA Awards, thank you for the nominations for Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, International Fighter of the year.
    I will be in Las Vegas to attend the event and collect all my awards.
    4. Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.

In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death.
    Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again.
    If you want we can organise a fight no problem.
    I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.

At 27 years of age I now hold the key to this game.
    The game answers to me now.
    5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
    So I will not complain.

6. My next fight.
    What can I say, it's just another night of easy work for me.
    I don't just own the game. I run it too.

I cringed a little at number 4. Seriously though, how are Irish people oppressed today? Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

parc wrote: »
    I cringed a little at number 4. Seriously though, how are Irish people oppressed today? Am I missing something?

the only people who oppress Irish people nowadays are Irish people, but that discussion is for a different thread I think

Some would say most of the laws in Ireland get passed down from a European Commission, not made up of Irish people or voted in by Irish people. So we are still under a foreign rule. Not my personal opinion but one that exists, but again not really a discussion to have in the MMA forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Referring to the troika?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement