Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westboro Baptist Church to picket Paul Walkers funeral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Jester252 wrote: »
    Ah yes lets go after a person who was never a member of the WBC and dies when the founder was 5

Well she's not going to care, she's dead. Y'know, immune to anything the living world can throw at her?

And Mr Phelps? Mr Phelps can go fúck himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

people who acknowledge the WBC are as bad as them...just let them die and ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Well she's not going to care, she's dead. Y'know, immune to anything the living world can throw at her?

And Mr Phelps? Mr Phelps can go fúck himself.

So what if she dead? She had no involvement with the WBC so why do this on her grave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I get your point, but I'm struggling to care.

I'm assuming that the reason for doing it on her grave is to annoy and embarrass her son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Forget about Walker.

They have a bigger fish now!

http://news.iafrica.com/worldnews/890192.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

people who acknowledge the WBC are as bad as them
    They... are?
    just let them die and ignore them
    Agreed, but it doesn't make the people who take notice of them "as bad as" them. Come on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Forget about Walker.

They have a bigger fish now!

http://news.iafrica.com/worldnews/890192.html

I loved this comment

The most amazing thing is the Madiba would forgive them, which is proof if proof was needed that he is a better man than me, because I can't find if in me to forgive them!

Forgiving people who have deliberately hurt you and haven't even apologised, is being a pushover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I hope they do go to south africa and go back to the US in a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

I would have no problem lining them up, executing all of them, then blow up their so called "church". I would then proceed to bury them in unmarked graves in rainbow covered coffins with a pink triangle on the front. Bloody cult.

• Advertisement

Forgiving people who have deliberately hurt you and haven't even apologised, is being a pushover.

Maybe but I'd rather be that than bitter :)

Zed Bank wrote: »
      I would have no problem lining them up, executing all of them, then blow up their so called "church". I would then proceed to bury them in unmarked graves in rainbow covered coffins with a pink triangle on the front. Bloody cult.

Scary stuff. Scarier than them, come to think of it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

For all the guns and gun crime in America, why the hell have these parasites not been riddled with bullets? Put a bullet into their heads and be done with it. THeir bodies could be thrown to the pigs

old hippy wrote: »
      Maybe but I'd rather be that than bitter :)
      Not forgiving someone who deliberately hurt you and never apologised isn't being bitter - it's just... not forgiving someone who deliberately hurt you and never apologised. Different story if they accidentally hurt you or they apologised.
      It's just internet talk. The WBC really exist though, making them a lot scarier.

Nonsense. How are the hollow threats of someone on the Internet scarier than the hate spewing scum that is WBC. to be honest, if their church did burn down with all the members inside it would be pretty hard to feel sorry for any of them bar the children.

Nonsense. How are the hollow threats of someone on the Internet scarier than the hate spewing scum that is WBC. to be honest, if their church did burn down with all the members inside it would be pretty hard to feel sorry for any of them bar the children.

Have the WBC actually carried out any acts of violence? Or have they just prattled about it, like Zed Bank?

Have the WBC actually carried out any acts of violence? Or have they just prattled about it, like Zed Bank?

Their sole purpose in life is to spread hatred. They're vile, evil people and if the whole thing is a money making thing like a lot believe then they're even worse than we think they are. They're scum and if everyone if them died the vast majority of people would be glad to see the back of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
      Master of the Universe

Ah jaysus, I know you like to play Devil's Advocate, but come on! :p

Their extreme actions could be seen as emotional violence. Imagine seeing those placards outside the funeral of one of your loved ones. It would most definitely feel like an attack on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The biggest problem they cause is that enable other forms of hate against minorities, because they have set the bar so low, other forms of outright hatred doesn't look as bad by comparison.

Their sole purpose in life is to spread hatred. They're vile, evil people and if the whole thing is a money making thing like a lot believe then they're even worse than we think they are. They're scum and if everyone if them died the vast majority of people would be glad to see the back of them.

But they just make empty, hollow comments. Much like stuff on the internet, no? If I shouldn't be arsed about dubious comments about executions and blowing up churches, why should I be arsed about WBC?

• Advertisement

But they just make empty, hollow comments. Much like stuff on the internet, no? If I shouldn't be arsed about dubious comments about executions and blowing up churches, why should I be arsed about WBC?

So if you're son, daughter or grandchild dies and they turn up at the funeral screaming "fag lover" or " they'll burn in hell fag" then that wouldn't be too bad as they're just hollow threats?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
      Master of the Universe

It's nothing like the stuff on the internet, as, just as I mentioned above, they picket funerals. Probably the hardest part of someone's life, losing a loved one - and there they are with their hatred.

Do 4chan stand outside funerals in Guy Fawkes masks?

So if you're son, daughter or grandchild dies and they turn up at the funeral screaming "fag lover" or " they'll burn in hell fag" then that wouldn't be too bad as they're just hollow threats?

Oh, it would be disturbing - as anyone who actually knows me could tell you; I'd be incensed. I don't care for the WBC in the slightest, I think they are an abomination. That said...
      Zed Bank wrote: »

That kind of threat is no better than the garbage these so-called religious folk come out with.

It seems hatred breeds hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

padd b1975 wrote: »
      He helped them by being driven around recklessly in a top of the range supercar??

Christ, those celebs really do care, don't they?

Such a selfless gesture .

What an ignorant remark!

padd b1975 wrote: »
      Something good would have been putting his hand in his pocket and making a discreet donation like what most of us did, but I suppose there is no publicity to be garnered from doing that.

Since when did speeding on a public road become something good??

Must have missed that memo.

You absolute idiot, the more publicity a fundraiser receives, the more funds are donated! Thus more victime are helped. Go back to remedial class will ya slow boy? :)

Are you a member of the Westboro Baptist Church?

I think this cynical creep needs his own church.. ;)

That kind of threat is no better than the garbage these so-called religious folk come out with.

It seems hatred breeds hatred.
      Ah here... A group that has its own church, website, published literature, which unashamedly propagates the message that homosexuals deserve to be hated and punished. A group that indoctrinates children and warps their minds. A group that holds pickets outside the funerals of anyone who has been mentioned in the media, in order to show how god's hatred for "fags" was engendered by this death.
      Provocation for all of this? None, other than hatred of gay people.

versus

An anonymous individual on an internet forum posting exaggerated violent sentiments towards these people.
      Provocation? The WBC's own behaviour.

To suggest the two are as bad as each other is just off-the-chart obtuseness.

Ah here... A group that has its own church, website, published literature, which unashamedly propagates the message that homosexuals deserve to be hated and punished. A group that indoctrinates children and warps their minds. A group that holds pickets outside the funerals of anyone who has been mentioned in the media, in order to show how god's hatred for "fags" was engendered by this death.
      Provocation for all of this? None, other than hatred of gay people.

versus

An anonymous individual on an internet forum posting exaggerated violent sentiments towards these people.
      Provocation? The WBC's own behaviour.

To suggest the two are as bad as each other is just off-the-chart obtuseness.

Perhaps but there is a similarity of rage and hatred. The WBC, shower of undesirables as they are and promoting a very hateful message are still just pushing the limits of free speech and right to assemble.

I dislike them enormously but I don't want to line them up and execute them and bomb their church.

I leave that to fundamentalists.

Perhaps but there is a similarity of rage and hatred. The WBC, shower of undesirables as they are and promoting a very hateful message are still just pushing the limits of free speech and right to assemble.

I dislike them enormously but I don't want to line them up and execute them and bomb their church.

I leave that to fundamentalists.
      Does posting it to a message-board signify that they really mean it though? It's still just words. The WBC goes out and practises its hate though, it's the real deal - and far more worth being disgusted by.

• Advertisement

Does posting it to a message-board signify that they really mean it though? It's still just words. The WBC goes out and practises its hate though, it's the real deal - and far more worth being disgusted by.

I hear you but my point is two wrongs don't make a right. Have the WBC killed or threatend to blow up anyone? Not to my knowledge. Doesn't excuse their heinous "campaigns", of course.

Advertisement