Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westboro Baptist Church to picket Paul Walkers funeral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

But absolute free speech is great.

I'm all for it, especially when it comes to these guys. I'm sure they're doing a wonderful job of turning people away from religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm curious if they really will try it in Glasgow. Most of them are licensed attorneys in Kansas which is why they understand the full extent of their constitutional rights. But they aren't familiar with British laws, and I'm thinking that they'd be too afraid that they'd cross the line over there.

I genuinely think, if they could even get into the country, if the police even allowed them to protest that most of Scotland would turn up and send them home by air ambulance (if they were that lucky).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Anyone watch Louis Theroux's documentary on them a few years ago? Apparently a few of them have defected and it's somewhat like in Scientology where the families shut them out of their lives.

Then again there's less than 40 of them on the face of the planet so they're so insignificant that if people ignored them and the media declined to give them any coverage they'd disappear into an abyss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone watch Louis Theroux's documentary on them a few years ago? Apparently a few of them have defected and it's somewhat like in Scientology where the families shut them out of their lives.

Then again there's less than 40 of them on the face of the planet so they're so insignificant that if people ignored them and the media declined to give them any coverage they'd disappear into an abyss

There's only 40 of them?

I thought they were much bigger than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Less then 40? Seriously? So you could take nearly all of them out with a single clip from an AK47... or all if you are talented enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

RoboRat wrote: »
    Less then 40? Seriously? So you could take nearly all of them out with a single clip from an AK47... or all if you are talented enough.

Yeah, decent documentary if you wanna watch it here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

RobertKK wrote: »
    Paul Walker died while trying to raise money for the Philippines.

He helped them by being driven around recklessly in a top of the range supercar??

Christ, those celebs really do care, don't they?

Such a selfless gesture .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He helped them by being driven around recklessly in a top of the range supercar??

He had literally just left the site of the fund-raising event which he had a huge hand in organising.

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

"God hates zealots". Bunch of hateful weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

And what did you do to help raise money?
    The man died doing something good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You haven't really read up about him, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

they like a cult of trolls
    just don't feed them

he taught the world to be fast & furious 0_O ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

RoboRat wrote: »

Better just to ignore them. The world just doesn't seem capable of ignoring these people.

Sauve wrote: »
    And what did you do to help raise money?
    The man died doing something good.

Something good would have been putting his hand in his pocket and making a discreet donation like what most of us did, but I suppose there is no publicity to be garnered from doing that.

Since when did speeding on a public road become something good??

Must have missed that memo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Something good would have been putting his hand in his pocket and making a discreet donation like what most of us did, but I suppose there is no publicity to be garnered from doing that.

And who's to say he didn't do just that? Not like anybody would know about a 'discreet' donation now would they?

Also, just to let you know....he wasn't actually driving so if you really want to get annoyed with someone I suggest you do it with the driver of the car.

(who's also dead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

High profile charity event = more awareness, more awareness = more money raised, obviously

wexie wrote: »
    And who's to say he didn't do just that? Not like anybody would know about a 'discreet' donation now would they?

Also, just to let you know....he wasn't actually driving so if you really want to get annoyed with someone I suggest you do it with the driver of the car.

(who's also dead)
    I'm aware of the circumstances of the crash, thanks.

And yes, you are quiet right, he could have made a discreet donation unknown to anyone, but given the circumstances of his death, the cynic in me tells me his "people " would have been shouting it from the rooftops if he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The fact that these people are still breathing amazes me...

I mean, come on, in a land where you have the right to bare arms and where there'd be any number of Democrat voting attorneys queuing up to get you off the hook? That's a lot of temptation to resist...

Sleepy wrote: »
    The fact that these people are still breathing amazes me...

I mean, come on, in a land where you have the right to bare arms and where there'd be any number of Democrat voting attorneys queuing up to get you off the hook? That's a lot of temptation to resist...
    So kill them because you don't agree with them...

Land of the free indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I'm aware of the circumstances of the crash, thanks.

And yes, you are quiet right, he could have made a discreet donation unknown to anyone, but given the circumstances of his death, the cynic in me tells me his "people " would have been shouting it from the rooftops if he had.

So you're dislike of the man comes from you're notion that he was just looking to boost his own reputation, even though there is no proof to support this.

In fairness he was never in the news or in the papers all the years he was doing his charity work. Hd just got on with it quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

These people are the scum of the earth, whatever their feelings about Walker and the circumstances of his death he's gone, they can't reach him now. All they will do is hurt those he has left behind, his 15 yr old daughter in particular doesn't need this at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Land of the free indeed!
    Some lives are worth more than others and some, like these cretins, have negative value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Land of the free indeed!

Not because you don't agree with them, but because they're hateful scumbags who try to make the hardest days in peoples lives even worse.

So you're dislike of the man comes from you're notion that he was just looking to boost his own reputation, even though there is no proof to support this.

In fairness he was never in the news or in the papers all the years he was doing his charity work. Hd just got on with it quietly.
    The irony of leaving a charity event in a top of the range Porsche seems to be lost on posters here.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Some lives are worth more than others and some, like these cretins, have negative value.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Land of the free indeed!

In a country where innocent people are killed in schools, cinemas, shopping malls, gas stations and workplaces by batshit insane gunmen, I'm amazed a grieving family member or friend hasn't gone batshit themselves and attempted to kill these fucktards, what with having an actual motive and all.

Not condoning it, just saying it must have passed through quite a few people's minds over the years.

Also, your ill-informed comments about Paul Walker are well wide of the mark. He actually set up the charity Reach out Worldwide off his own back and was fundraising for it on the night he died to aid families devastated by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.

Educate yourself:

https://www.roww.org/about_us.php

It was not a self-serving publicity stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

The irony of leaving a charity event in a top of the range Porsche seems to be lost on posters here.

Has anyone ever told you that you're very annoying? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I know! He should have been dragged away by a donkey, probably while wearing a loincloth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

In fairness to him, it wasn't even his own

Advertisement