Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westboro Baptist Church to picket Paul Walkers funeral

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/westboro-baptist-paul-walker_n_4372468.html?

What. The. Fook. :mad:
    Westboro Baptist 'Church' will be picketing Paul Walker's funeral, because harassing grieving people is just part of their creed.

After the 'Fast And The Furious' star tragically died in a car accident at the age of 40, WBC tweeted [...]

WBC regularly pickets the funeral of soldiers, and they now seem to be targeting celebrities too. Their problem with Walker appears to be that he "taught a nation to be fast & furious."
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

They're attention seeking, don't help them op.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The sooner they're wiped off the face of the earth the better.

Hopefully this wont happen. I can imagine the guys fans will block them out, away from his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Blast them to the moon then nuke it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

They remind me of that kid at school who kept doing weirder and weirder things to get attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

It's one thing picketing funerals of poor soldier's families who have lost sons and daughters at war as in the main, the world don't care all that much to be quite honest but it is quite another to try and do it to millionaires with pockets as deep as the Grand Canyon.

Won't happen for a number of reasons, money being the main one.

Add to that the fact the people that wouldn't want this to happen could easily see that it doesn't and that it will be covered by the World's media and I would say there is not a snow's chance in hell they will be seen or heard of during that funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

KKkitty wrote: »
    The sooner they're wiped off the face of the earth the better.

I hope they go to a gay hell:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Would you say they have a template made up in Word for all the law suits they file?
    Bunch of professional trolls.
    They are best ignored or ridiculed. No point in being angry at them.
    It is their aim, in order to provoke 'assault'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

returnNull wrote: »
    I hope they go to gay heaven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Stop giving them attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Paul Walker died while trying to raise money for the Philippines.

I wonder what the crowd at Westboro have done to help thee people, nothing I expect, given they hate everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

returnNull wrote: »

They are quite anal so it would be slightly ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

That lot of total morons had a go at Scotland after the Clutha incident in Glasgow on Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Don't feed the trolls. Don't worry, a ring of the bikers that are the Patriot Guard won't let them within a mile of the family.

Fuck em and ignore them.

That lot of total morons had a go at Scotland after the Clutha incident in Glasgow on Friday night

I'd like to see them try that IN Glasgow.

MadsL wrote: »
    I'd like to see them try that IN Glasgow.

Well according to there twitter they will be protesting at the funerals. :pac:

they will be introduced to the Glasgow grin

Jake1 wrote: »
    they will be introduced to the Glasgow grin

And also the Glasgow kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They will in their fcuk, they're flagged and wouldn't stand much chance of getting into the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

These despicable cretins are only looking for attention as other posters have mentioned, it's all about seeking attention. I first heard about them years ago on a Channel 4 documentary. The patriarch, forget his name, was obsessed with homosexuality and in particular about sodomy. He railed about it constantly and still does. On and on about it. At the time it kinda made me wonder.... if anyone approached him at some point and said, "Eh have you tried not thinking about sodomy so much?"

If it's so difficult not to be fixated with it.... well.... you got issues bud!:cool:

I'm no psychologist, but....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

kowloon wrote: »
    They will in their fcuk, they're flagged and wouldn't stand much chance of getting into the UK.

too bad really, I think many Glaswegians would be glad to give them a 'stern talking to' if they tried nonsense like that over there.

kowloon wrote: »

Yup I have read about then before this ;)

Where were they for the household tax marches !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

But absolute free speech is great.

But absolute free speech is great.

I absolutely support their right to free speech. I also support the right of familes to have dignified funerals to bury people who have fuck all to do with whatever crackpot agenda WBC are promoting. If that means moving their right to free speech and free assembly 1 mile away, so be it.

Free speech does NOT entail incitement to hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

They make my skin crawl. They are the epitome of all that is wrong with society. They have picketed the funerals after many catastrophes, including the Aurora Cinema shootings and the Sandy Hook shootings, the funerals of fallen soldiers, and the funeral of a little girl who was found dead having been raped and beaten when she was kidnapped by her neighbour.

They terrorise and distress vulnerable grieving families when they should be left alone in peace, instead these lunatics are outside rejoicing with placards saying it was the deceased person's own fault they died and they are going to hell.

And if you dare question them, or try to move them, they'll have legal proceedings started before you can click your fingers.

They are just plain pure evil. How they don't feel guilt or remorse for the horrible things they've done is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'll be doing the conga at Freddie Phelps' funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

MadsL wrote: »
    I absolutely support their right to free speech. I also support the right of familes to have dignified funerals to bury people who have fuck all to do with whatever crackpot agenda WBC are promoting. If that means moving their right to free speech and free assembly 1 mile away, so be it.

Free speech does NOT entail incitement to hatred.
    That's my point - I was being sarcastic. I think the very same as you, but that actually means I *don't* support their free speech. And won't ever support free speech that entails bullying others, and putting some c**t's "free speech" (i.e. hate-speech) before the rights of those on the receiving end of it. I was referring to the way it has become fashionable to defend incitement to hatred, since "shur it's only free speech."
    With rights come responsibilities. And if free speech is so great, people would be allowed to say anything at all to anyone... but they're not, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

They threatened on picketing Jeff Hanneman's funeral too (guitarist for Slayer) back in May. On the grounds of him being a "satan worshiper"

They didn't show because Slayer fans would have rioted as there were a number of them allowed in apparently.

Paul Walker was harmless and a decent bloke that did a fair bit of charity work, probably a bit of a petrol head but that's what he lived for. Wesrboro are a shower of narrow minded cult ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I'm curious if they really will try it in Glasgow. Most of them are licensed attorneys in Kansas which is why they understand the full extent of their constitutional rights. But they aren't familiar with British laws, and I'm thinking that they'd be too afraid that they'd cross the line over there.

Advertisement