Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Christmas payments?

Options

Comments

I'm due a payment on the 31st according to the website as I would normally collect on the Wednesday the 1st. I was told in the postoffice that I would only get paid on the 2nd. Maybe they are worried that there wouldn't be enough cash on Tuesday?

Wednesday payments are due in on the Tuesday, but if your post office said Thursday, they probably had a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scrappyshelly

Hi,
    I get paid my One parent Family payment every thursday into my bank account. I got a double week this which means none next week but just wondering about the week after will it be paid in as normal on the thursday 2nd of Jan or due to bank opening hours on 31st and 1st will it be paid in earlier so as to hit bank account on time for the 2nd or will it be later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Post man brought me nothing anyway this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

dave1982 wrote: »
    Post man brought me nothing anyway this morning.

there's mail tomorrow too, so maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Has anybody got a JSA double week cheque in the post this morning?
    Social Welfare advised that they issued on the 18th and should be delivered by today, the 20th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Still waiting for my JSA to come!! Christmas is depending on it in our house!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Has anybody got a JSA double week cheque in the post this morning?
    Social Welfare advised that they issued on the 18th and should be delivered by today, the 20th!

Sister got her JSA x&o's double payment by cheque today.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Anyone got JSA cheque ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

whens the dole office back open?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellen27

I got paid double I am on sick benefit. I send a cert each week . But I dont understand why they paid me double

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

X's and O's came today

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

ellen27 wrote: »
    I got paid double I am on sick benefit. I send a cert each week . But I dont understand why they paid me double

Hey I wouldn't mind sick benefit and a double to boot. You'll prob get nothing next week tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 China_Doll

I'm on Disability Allowance, which goes into my bank account every Wednesday. I got paid a double week on the 18th, which I expected, but should I not have got paid again this week and then got nothing next week?

Christmas Day was obviously on Wednesday this year, but I thought I might have been paid again on Tuesday instead ( I wasn't), and got nothing next week? The way the system usually works is that you get 2 weeks pay, then 1 week and then nothing for a week.

Anyway, I received my 2 weeks on the 18th, but have got nothing since and now I'm a little worried as next Wednesday is New Year's Day and I'm sure money won't go into my account then either as it's a Bank Holiday as well! Will I get my payment earlier does anyone know?

It's looking like I'll be without a payment for 2 weeks because Wednesday the 24th December and Wednesday the 1st January are bank holidays!

Any help on this would be appreciated, as I'm concerned (and confused!).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Your payment will go into your bank account on Tuesday, 31 December 2013. The double week you received on 18th was for that week and this (Christmas) week.

[Payment directly to an account in a financial institution – (Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT))

Weekly Payments

Customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 16 December 2013. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 23 December 2013. See below for the payment arrangements for Maternity Benefit and Health and Safety Benefit payments.

Payments due on Monday 30 December 2013 for Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Partial Capacity Benefit and Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be paid on Monday 23 December 2013.

Payments due on Tuesday 31 December 2013 for Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Partial Capacity Benefit and Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be paid on Monday 30 December 2013.

Payments due on Wednesday 1 January 2014 will be paid on Tuesday 31 December 2013./I]
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Christmas-Arrangements.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 China_Doll

Balagan wrote: »
    Your payment will go into your bank account on Tuesday, 31 December 2013. The double week you received on 18th was for that week and this (Christmas) week.

[Payment directly to an account in a financial institution – (Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT))

Weekly Payments

Customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 16 December 2013. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 23 December 2013. See below for the payment arrangements for Maternity Benefit and Health and Safety Benefit payments.

Payments due on Monday 30 December 2013 for Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Partial Capacity Benefit and Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be paid on Monday 23 December 2013.

Payments due on Tuesday 31 December 2013 for Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Partial Capacity Benefit and Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be paid on Monday 30 December 2013.

Payments due on Wednesday 1 January 2014 will be paid on Tuesday 31 December 2013./I]
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Christmas-Arrangements.aspx

Thanks a million for this, I was wondering what the story was!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

So anyone getting one parent payment on the Thursday 2nd will be normal payment date do you think?

Ah so skint I better get this job I applied for can't be dealing with this next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Will BTEA be put into my bank account on Tuesday as well?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Normal payment next week ya? Normally paid btea into bank on a thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

Normal payment next week ya? Normally paid btea into bank on a thursday.

im paid on thursdays too.on sick pay.need to drop in cert.are the dole office back open monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jst wondering if u get paid into the bank wil it be early this week as weds is new years day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Yes. Closed on New Year's Day only next week.

The Department's offices will be closed on Wednesday 25 December, Thursday 26 December and Wednesday 1 January 2014. https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Christmas-Arrangements.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

ok btea is normally in my account wednesday night after 10pm....will that mean it will go into my account tuesday or thursday......so confused .hopefully not the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

ok btea is normally in my account wednesday night after 10pm....will that mean it will go into my account tuesday or thursday......so confused .hopefully not the latter.

Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Newbie question: I get paid normally on Tuesday but it says it will be there from Monday. I take it I can pick it up as normal tomorrow or am I expected to be getting it today?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

scopper wrote: »
    Newbie question: I get paid normally on Tuesday but it says it will be there from Monday. I take it I can pick it up as normal tomorrow or am I expected to be getting it today?
    Is the post office open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Limericks wrote: »
    Thursday.

eeek

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hope someone can help me. There is nothing on the website about casual cheques. I am on casual payment and work 2 days a week.
    All dockets are in.

I got a cheque on Friday 20th December for payment up until December 25th.

I normally get a cheque in Tuesday's post. The casual week is Thursday - Wednesday which would be Thursday December 26th - Wednesday 1st January.

Any ideas if I'll get a cheque tomorrow.....?? seriously relying on it.

Thanks in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

Hey my normal day is Tuesday. It is there a day early this week and I was wondering would it still be there on Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hope someone can help me. There is nothing on the website about casual cheques. I am on casual payment and work 2 days a week.
    All dockets are in.

I got a cheque on Friday 20th December for payment up until December 25th.

I normally get a cheque in Tuesday's post. The casual week is Thursday - Wednesday which would be Thursday December 26th - Wednesday 1st January.

Any ideas if I'll get a cheque tomorrow.....?? seriously relying on it.

Thanks in Advance

If it's the x and o dockets then the next payment is not until 7th Jan, unfortunately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement