Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Christmas payments?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

D'ya think we crashed it!!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Don't worry lads, just go in, take a ticket and queue up for 2 hours if you want to find out any information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 byrnemaloney89

It depends on payments!!!
    PENSIONERS GET DOUBLE THIS WEEK
    All other payments are single this week but double next week.
    Social welfare has everybody confused but thats the way it is now!! :)

Why would pensioners get double this week? Where does it say that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it single for btea this week?then a double next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mary2004304

Hi all. Last year the same arrangements were in place. Double payment the week before Christmas and none Christmas week but thats not what happened me. I am on lone parent. My payment goes into the bank. I got the double payment the week before Christmas (20th Dec)and also a payment on the 27th of December.I didn't recieve a payment on the 3rd of January but it worked put better as had child benefit that week so wasn't broke that week. Hoping it works the same this year. Fingers crossed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Im on the casual allowance,the X's and O's thing.What way do i have to put my dockets in for the christmas does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

dbagman wrote: »
    Im on the casual allowance,the X's and O's thing.What way do i have to put my dockets in for the christmas does anyone know?

Customers working casually
    Casual customers are advised to return dockets for the weeks-ending 17th/18th and 24th/26th December to their local office by 12th December to ensure continuous payment over the Christmas period.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Christmas-Arrangements.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi all. Last year the same arrangements were in place. Double payment the week before Christmas and none Christmas week but thats not what happened me. I am on lone parent. My payment goes into the bank. I got the double payment the week before Christmas (20th Dec)and also a payment on the 27th of December.I didn't recieve a payment on the 3rd of January but it worked put better as had child benefit that week so wasn't broke that week. Hoping it works the same this year. Fingers crossed

Child benefit is not due in until the 7th of Jan 2013.

How long does the post office keep a hold of your payments? I've always wondered this. I have one due on the 31st, but would rather collect it on the 1st or the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Usually 4-5 days I think

PO likely won't be open the 1st though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Am i right in saying:

1. Week beginning the 16th = double week.
    2. Week beginning the 23rd = nothing.
    3. Week beginning the 30th = back to normal if paid on the monday or tuesday

Is that right? I feel like i've understood it, but am just making sure.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    The double payments are week commencing 16th. No payments the following week. Mostly back to normal the following week. Monday is on Monday, Tuesday will be Monday and Wednesday will be Tuesday, fully back to normal from Thursday.

Hi sue my husband normally picks up on a wednesday but they have told us the double payment will be in a day earlier on tuesday is this right as we go away tuesday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

We normally collect ours on a Tuesday but it is in on the Monday if we need it. So yours might be in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

To be precise, I think the cut-off is at around 3pm on the third day, even if the post office is open until 5.30 or whenever.

Found this out the hard way of course - waiting in the SW office for hours to sort out a claim, told by the staff that my payment would be in the post office if I hurried, got there at 5 and told it's only held until 3pm. Not that I'm in any way suggesting that the staff fed me complete misinformation for the umpteenth time - that would be against the forum's Charter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

What's happening with BTEA is next week a double week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What about Illness Benefit? My partner sends in certs each week, and has been given a couple by the doctor to cover her till after xmas. Should she continue to send them in on a monday or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Only got a single week this week on JSA X's and O's, looks like no change for this payment

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

How come only a single week issued today on JSA ( x's and O's ) when it was clearly stated that a double week would be issued? Is there ever a straightforward scenario when it comes to social welfare in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

X's and O's payments will be issued as a double week this coming friday, which means double payments arriving by cheque on Tuesday next week

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Wow, how thoughtful was it for Social Welfare to issue cheques for delivery on Xmas eve, the busiest day of the year for An Post!!
    This nation baffles at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So we'll get a double cheque on Christmas eve??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Wow, how thoughtful was it for Social Welfare to issue cheques for delivery on Xmas eve, the busiest day of the year for An Post!!
    This nation baffles at times.

Its the last payment before Christmas. The only other way that it could have been done was issue three weeks for arrival today. Christmas eve just happens to fall on Tuesday this year. I can't see why its such an inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement