Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Do they tell you your time or is it a simple pass/fail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Was at the second session

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Do they tell you your time or is it a simple pass/fail?
    Pass fail just.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Pass fail just.

Ultimately that's all you care about but I'd still want to know actual specifics lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Pass here also, thank god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rizzley

picture987 wrote: »
    Pass here also, thank god!

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Passed here also. It's quite tough because of the nature of the elements but like the rest of the process so far it's over before you know it. Well done to all those who passed at this afternoon's session. Everyone there seemed decent.

tony1985 wrote: »
    Passed here also. It's quite tough because of the nature of the elements but like the rest of the process so far it's over before you know it. Well done to all those who passed at this afternoon's session. Everyone there seemed decent.

Well done! Thankfully no bad news on here today so lets hope it stays that way

All I keep thinking is this... :D

http://youtu.be/-5i1cJIwE7M

lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    All I keep thinking is this... :D

http://youtu.be/-5i1cJIwE7M

lol

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

Did everyone pass? What were the times like if you know? Where you told what's next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

Jb12345 wrote: »
    No date, it will be posted out to us, just the medical questionnaire, we have to bring that with us to our appointment.

I didn't expect it to tire me out as much but doing all the different things really does, everyone that came out was definitely breathing quite heavily... lol

We weren't allowed to check until we left but I passed a guy on carriageway that was there and we gave each other thumbs up so that's only other person I know lol

That was me, lol. I'm sure we looked like two tits to anyone else looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Doing mine tomorrow morning. Whooooop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

student15 wrote: »
    Doing mine tomorrow morning. Whooooop

Nobody passed me on carriageway. I had a bacon soda in the micro and was gone...legally of course

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

tony1985 wrote: »
    Nobody passed me on carriageway. I had a bacon soda in the micro and was gone...legally of course

Well done people, pleased for yas!

Bunged with the cold and have a throat infection
    Aim going pass this tiday even if it kills me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

Good luck today everyone. My advice is take a good drink of something before you go in because the dry air in there gave me cotton mouth after one lap!

Yup drink plenty before. Air Def gets you. It was like smokers corner coming out. Everyone coughing like crazy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Pass for me too yesterday!!

The air in the hall is weird, I couldn't stop coughing after it, same advice as the lads have a drink on hand.

Thanks guys. Did u hear of anyone not passing?

• Advertisement

Im here now just done it
    Air burnt me out!!!!
    I was told that a few failed yesterday by the man at the gate!

student15 wrote: »
    Im here now just done it
    Air burnt me out!!!!
    I was told that a few failed yesterday by the man at the gate!

One guy might have failed at ours yesterday, he didnt seem too confident coming out and said he'd knocked a few things! You never know though

Passed

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Passed!!

gmck26 wrote: »
    Passed!!

Well done everyone! Fab news. Any tips for a nervous one?!

Rizzley wrote: »
    Well done everyone! Fab news. Any tips for a nervous one?!

Just have a go of everything before you start, I hadnt seen the course ever before yesterday! Stay low going through the crawl and the steps, don't lift your head early and then just give it everything! On the two straights I ran as hard as i could, gained a few seconds in my head anyway!

El_Triboy wrote: »
    Just have a go of everything before you start, I hadnt seen the course ever before yesterday! Stay low going through the crawl and the steps, don't lift your head early and then just give it everything! On the two straights I ran as hard as i could, gained a few seconds in my head anyway!

Did you hands and knees or scramble through?

Homer01 wrote: »
    Did you hands and knees or scramble through?

Hands and knees for crawl, didnt want to chance crouching and knocking a pole. You fly through it on hands and knees. Then for the steps, i just slowed down a bit, used my hands and made sure i was well clear before i raised my head. I'm 5,11 if that helps.

• Advertisement

Well done everyone! It's a big relief. Take your time on the crawl and the landrover door bit. On my last lap and knocked the pole off on way out. I'm 6ft 4...and I know 2 others similar height who did the same thing so don't rush!

Advertisement