Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fresh79

Anyone here about this serial killers gig on later this month ?

will it be classics or all their new stuff

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fresh79 wrote: »
    Anyone here about this serial killers gig on later this month ?

will it be classics or all their new stuff

I'm sure it will be a mix of everything from thier solo careers, other groups and the group music. I cant see them just playing material from thier album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fresh79

worth going to ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you're a fan of either Xzibit or Cypress Hill, it would be worth going to.
    Both X and B-Real are supposed to be excellent live. I'm thinking of going in the hope of just seeing Paparazzi live. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If you're a fan of either Xzibit or Cypress Hill, it would be worth going to.
    Both X and B-Real are supposed to be excellent live. I'm thinking of going in the hope of just seeing Paparazzi live. :)

voodoo lounge is a terrible venue though, too small. i would go if it was somewhere else. even though i have seen cypress hill and xzibit b4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

Has anyone been to see him before?

I'm considering booking a ticket for his Manchester gig.

Also, I'm looking at a Joey Bada$$ gig as well. Would he be worth a trip? I love 1999 and Summer Knights. Has anyone seen him live?

have seen him twice b4, hes good live. met him after it, cool guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Seen them a year or so ago in the TP. I wont be going again though. They were OK, but the live show is more of a musical experience that you can't really observe properly in the TP.

I've never been to the TP main stage actually, only the one in the basement. Is it ****e or were Shabazz just not suited to it?

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I've never been to the TP main stage actually, only the one in the basement. Is it ****e or were Shabazz just not suited to it?
    They just wern't suited to the venue, something more like the Sugar Club were you could sit down and get your music nerd on would be better.

some more little details of the TP gig are coming back to me, the main drawback was that the crowd got a little bored and there was lots of nattering going on which was a huge distraction.

They just wern't suited to the venue, something more like the Sugar Club were you could sit down and get your music nerd on would be better.

some more little details of the TP gig are coming back to me, the main drawback was that the crowd got a little bored and there was lots of nattering going on which was a huge distraction.

Yeah Sugar Club would be absolutely ideal. Maybe if it sells out they might upgrade but slim chance of that I reckon.
    The crowd at Body & Soul seemed fairly uninterested too. Does that say something of their live performance or are they just suited to a very particular venue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

10649902_10152711440259549_2405102477461466947_n.jpg?oh=7959dc05359f0c7929adcda2ee1d2b3f&oe=54C805D8&__gda__=1417836173_b617df2ad31dc138b83961cdb1e0a443

Might see if I can make it to that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Andy_rse wrote: »
    10649902_10152711440259549_2405102477461466947_n.jpg?oh=7959dc05359f0c7929adcda2ee1d2b3f&oe=54C805D8&__gda__=1417836173_b617df2ad31dc138b83961cdb1e0a443

Might see if I can make it to that!

Finally!! Been waiting for him to come over here, last show he had planned was cancelled due to not enough tickets sold, but Twisted Pepper should be grand! Not really a fan of the new album but I saw him a few years ago at a festival and he's deadly live. Once he plays a few cuts off Legendary Classics & Die Rugged Man Die it'll be grand :cool:

Pretty nice Irish lineup as well, Costello was great the few times I've seen him. All these new labels with gully names are putting on some great shows! Bloodshed Records & now Bullet Proof :pac:

HighClass wrote: »
    Finally!! Been waiting for him to come over here, last show he had planned was cancelled due to not enough tickets sold, but Twisted Pepper should be grand! Not really a fan of the new album but I saw him a few years ago at a festival and he's deadly live. Once he plays a few cuts off Legendary Classics & Die Rugged Man Die it'll be grand :cool:

Pretty nice Irish lineup as well, Costello was great the few times I've seen him. All these new labels with gully names are putting on some great shows! Bloodshed Records & now Bullet Proof :pac:

Defo looking forward to this, his live show is supposed to be incredible. Not a bad support line up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Nialler9 has just tweeted that RTJ are playing Dec 21st, early Christmas present

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

LUPE wrote: »
    Nialler9 has just tweeted that RTJ are playing Dec 21st, early Christmas present

Might make the journey down from Belfast for that one, awesome news.

LUPE wrote: »

It's a christmas ****ing miracle ;) The new album will have been out for a while as well so lots of time to let the new tunes sink in before seeing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

tickets will fly out the door for this one, i can see it being moved somewhere bigger, or a lot of disappointed punters. gotta remember their album made best new music

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AfroMan

Irish music industry is growing well; Hip Hop is now very popular in Ireland.
    We have now many Irish rappers. They need support and promotion, we don't have to criticize but we should appreciate and support them.

RTJ tickets are onsale from today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Picked up 2 there, should be a great gig!

I've only ever listened to the stuff EL-P has produced like Company Flow and Cannibal Ox, would I be into RTJ?

• Advertisement

I've only ever listened to the stuff EL-P has produced like Company Flow and Cannibal Ox, would I be into RTJ?

I havn't met anyone that doesn't like it. The first one is free to download, so no harm in giving it a blast.

Half the tickets have sold so far according to the promoter. I cant buy mine yet as I'm not sure if i'll be in country for Christmas.

I'd say so, the production is a bit more futuristic sounding than his older beats but it's still got that El-P sound.

Take a listen to this and see! The album is a free download too, well worth checking out!

Anyone heading down from Belfast to see Run The Jewels? I would love to see them but not too fussed on going by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone heading down from Belfast to see Run The Jewels? I would love to see them but not too fussed on going by myself.

GO!

I went to Freddie Gibbs on my own and I had a whale of a time. In fact, I go to most hip hop gigs on my own. no one there knows me so I don't care.

I echo what Jimmy said. Go. I didn't go see Atmosphere last time they played Dublin cos I had no one to go with and have been kicking myself since. Travelled over to London on my own a couple years ago to catch them and it was awesome. Travelling round England to four of their shows on my own next month.

I don't have many hip hop fans in my circle and not many artists come here so I often travel solo. Not once have I had a bad time and not once have I not met and chatted away with other fans before and after.

In fact I scored an awesome meeting with Brother Ali in Manchester (and got a handshake and shout out during my favourite song) because I got talking to his photographer before hand and introduced me, something I most likely wouldn't have done had I been at the bar with my mates.

That's me convinced, **** it i'll buy a ticket.

That's me convinced, **** it i'll buy a ticket.

Going on your own is great. You can do whatever you want. I always head to the front when I'm on my own.

The only got over been to lately with someone was OutKast and I stayed out a good bit.

Going on your own is great. You can do whatever you want. I always head to the front when I'm on my own.

The only got over been to lately with someone was OutKast and I stayed out a good bit.

At Picnic? I was there too, such a performance!

At Picnic? I was there too, such a performance!

No, Sziget in Hungary.

• Advertisement

Walked in to my hotel to check in and Slug from Atmosphere was there doing the same. Sh*t myself a wee bit.

Advertisement