Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

coolhull wrote: »
    They'll have to get a move on though. Remember Jane " only has weeks to live".

That hospital bed might get a novel use ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Its about the only thing left that the bed hasn't been used for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

what a weird photo :L

HATE THAT! They can't think what to write so they decide it'll be a cliffhangar ffs! Wow great how they transported themselves back to Jane's flat ...

At least they can Photoshop in colour now. Remember the Lucy / Harry one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

I usually just switch over when kerri ann comes on screen but had to see if she has improved somewhat.

She has actually got worse , what sort of fool thought hiring her as a comedy actress would be a good idea. I wouldnt even find her that attractive as it is evident the writers portaray her as. And all that fake tan. Ffs

instaead of bringing in relatively credible actors for 3 months and rushing their storylines, why are they hiring this one.

And this is on topic, and a valid critique btw mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Alma said she was so nervous at the interview she could barely remember her name. no wonder it changes so often.

Jaysus - I feel more queasy than Paul - disgusting storyline :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Nice to see the fair city bed making an appearance again - not the hospital bed, the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Ama is a terrible character 'lets have a patty'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If it's possible the acting is actually getting worse.

Have to admit Callum is pretty damn hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Zed Bank wrote: »
    Ama is a terrible character 'lets have a patty'

i dont think she is that bad, and in fairness she can act a bit. Her background story is far too complicated and intricate. I think getting her away from damien for a while may be the answer, perhaps a fling with Decco or even Laura. I could very well see the latter happening. I wouldnt judge her on her accent though. A lot worse than Ama in fair city at the mo.

Does Ama put on the accent or is it real?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

OK I've had enough of the Jane/Paul/Callum rubbish. It's not even funny at this stage. I'm organising a protest meeting outside the FC set at Montrose. I want an end to this storyline asap.
    I have my placard ready
    Anyone up for it ?

6057657328_b5409e442d_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think this storyline with Jane is coming close to crossing a line. It's deeply insensitive to people that are seriously ill with cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Does Tommy live in the same building as Jane - he keeps just dropping in- does he not have a mobile?

That scene where Paul was drugged and Jane dragged him into bed was the most embarrassing and implausible thing I've ever seen on tv. The writing, directing and acting were all so hammy. Amateur dramatics societies do it better I'd say. Sorry FC production crew but it's time to sharpen up!!

Compare how this story line is being done as against Hayley's? The FC version is pure panto.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

jos28 wrote: »
    OK I've had enough of the Jane/Paul/Callum rubbish. It's not even funny at this stage. I'm organising a protest meeting outside the FC set at Montrose. I want an end to this storyline asap.
    I have my placard ready
    Anyone up for it ?

6057657328_b5409e442d_z.jpg

I'll be there jos28…. is the Montrose you refer to the famous Craggy Island tv station?:P

for a second there I thought TJ was knocking at Jane door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Alma was late for the interview , she gave a ****e interview , Damian tried to tell dr D to give her the job beforehand and she called Caoimhe a tahhrt in front of dr D .
    Couple all that with the doc having interviewed loads of other highly qualified people , I'd say Alma has the job in the bag :D

It really is time to tune out for awhile :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought the line Caoimhe came out with to Ama about losing the chastity belt was fairly funny.

The interview was a bit of a joke as well.

As for Kerri Ann, I thought it couldn't get worse but............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

That huge gap in the photo, alongside the medication for that Glenn fella made it look like he disappeared, Marty McFly style, from the photo when he died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Am disgusted with the show, they're making a mockery of how serious an illness cancer really is. I'm done watching fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Do all seriously-ill barmaids in Dublin have easy access to knock-out drugs?

Or was it just Junior Disprin? Paul is so naive and childish about Jane that a spoon of Calpol would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well I have caught up on a few episodes that were recorded and have to say what a load of absolute sh**e. Thankfully I am able to fast forward all the jane & Paul rubbish. I really can't stand looking or listening to her, how are people so gullible? Unfortunately I am more familiar about cancer than I wish to be, and this storyline is about as believable as aliens abducting her.
    Who in RTE allows this to be filmed and broadcasted, and the actors themselves, surely they have some bit of "cop on" and can question the so called script writers.
    Complete and utter sh**e

fair city needs a major over-haul like eastenders

I also sick of good too shoes ama

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I also sick of good too shoes ama

I wish there were more non-white characters, so I could talk about how much I hate Ama without sounding like a racist.

Not the actress, who I think is great. She is certainly doing a fine job of making me want to climb into the television and beat Ama with a potted plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Bring back Val!
    But if they don't stop digging with Jane they will lose a lot of viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's gone beyond a joke now. The bit with Paul on the bed was embarrassing. I was watching it from behind a cushion to my face. I think I might have blushed I felt that embarrassed.
    The faces that Dillon wan pulls are so annoying. And Mondo's fluff is a complete airhead, (fine though).
    Bring back Zumo, the big tough man gangster, living with his Ma.

Do the people who make Fair City actually watch it before it's brosdcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Wow, while she can dodge the question regarding the specifics of her illness and treatment, she certainly didn't seem prepared for the very basic question as to where in her body the alleged terminal cancer is.

Calling storylines like this "the worst Fair City plot yet" is becoming a harder and harder statement to make with each one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement