Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Its not that they drag the stories on, they just overfill the episodes with the stories. All the stories are far too crammed into a few weeks and , as well as this preventing a natural development of the story, it also ensures you get sick of the characters really really quick.

Its like tyhe writers get a rush of blood to the head, think of a narrative and just spit it out, without thinking or consulting the numerous other show writers.

The first thing a teacher says to a student is TAKE YOUR TIME.
    Needless to say, such advice is never heeded by fc writers.

The characters arent going anywhere, let the stories develop slowly, .And stop with all these short contract characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Damien in the homelessness ad. "It's like you're playing a part you never auditioned for." The Republic of Telly are going to have a field day with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,392 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Its not that they drag the stories on, they just overfill the episodes with the stories. All the stories are far too crammed into a few weeks and , as well as this preventing a natural development of the story, it also ensures you get sick of the characters really really quick.

Its like tyhe writers get a rush of blood to the head, think of a narrative and just spit it out, without thinking or consulting the numerous other show writers.

The first thing a teacher says to a student is TAKE YOUR TIME.
    Needless to say, such advice is never heeded by fc writers.

The characters arent going anywhere, let the stories develop slowly, .And stop with all these short contract characters.

I believe it's all to do with short contracts. Apparently even some of the regulars are on short contracts, meaning we have these rushed storylines lasting a month or two and then they're over and completely forgotten about when the character is written out for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

I loved TJ forgetting the baby......."I left her with the bread it smelled good"

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Im not sure tj has a baby sounded like a rhino being strangled

• Advertisement

wtf was that ending was that Yvonne leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 relationships going to happen in next month : judith/bob Caoimhe/laura

Judy and Bob for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

TJ = Thomas Joseph?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Zil2011 wrote: »
    Missed a bit tonight after Jane fainted, what did Judith say was wrong with jane?

I missed a bit too, is Jane really sick or lying as usual. Or perhaps she is pregnant - could it be Tommy's ??

jos28 wrote: »
    I missed a bit too, is Jane really sick or lying as usual. Or perhaps she is pregnant - could it be Tommy's ??[/QUOTE]

Wow that would be fast

I'd say Jane was hung over and hadn't eaten in a while as there was no food in her flat, Judy said at her age she need to slow down with the booze basically which Jane didn't like to hear and turned it into Judy being jealous Tommy was with fun loving Jane now

• Advertisement

^
    It's probably the booze and lack of food alright. But you never know with Tommy and his organic fertiliser ;)
    :D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hopefully Yvonne won't be gone for long. I kinda liked the bickering between Carol and Yvonne, though recently it was getting quite boring. At least that whole rape story is over.

Mr. G wrote: »
    Hopefully Vivonne won't be gone for long. I kinda liked the bickering between Carol and Vivonne, though recently it was getting quite boring. At least that whole rape story is over.

I take you mean Yvonne not Vivienne

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I take you mean Yvonne not Vivienne

Oops, yes I meant Yvonne:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

i thought paul brennan was supposed to be watching his diet after his heart scare that time? he's always scoffing fries in the hungry pig, pints, whisky and desserts...

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

jos28 wrote: »
    I missed a bit too, is Jane really sick or lying as usual. Or perhaps she is pregnant - could it be Tommy's ??

I think she simply seized the opportunity to pretend she was sick in order to guilt trip her poor son Callum into begging her to stay rather than leave, as he'd just asked her to do.

She is an arch manipulator… wouldn't you hate to have a mother like that?!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

walshb wrote: »
    Paul's turned again. He now despises Jane. It's laughable. Wait for it, they'll be in bed by the new year.
    Time for you to clean your crystal ball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Pretzill wrote: »
    I wonder where she's being sent to? Cork or Galway
    maybe or
    Australia and Canada?

Either way Bella will have to get computer lessons at the Community Centre now...
    Maybe she is going home to Mallow where her father is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Not surprised Yvonne left. Her head must be wrecked listening to the lot of them !

edelweis wrote: »
    I think she simply seized the opportunity to pretend she was sick in order to guilt trip her poor son Callum into begging her to stay rather than leave, as he'd just asked her to do.

She is an arch manipulator… wouldn't you hate to have a mother like that?!!!:(

That's true to form for Jane alright

• Advertisement

I thought Laura and Caoimhe were off to America for Crimbo and New Year's

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Laura and Caoimhe were off to America for Crimbo and New Year's

Good point - you're right, they were! Strange days….maybe Laura took Ama instead?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Caoimhe was only going for a weekend.. remember when she got back her mom had redecorated. Laura was staying for a month. until the results of her test were ready cos she couldnt listen to damo for all that time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else think Carol's incessant pestering of Yvonne is juts a tad overdone? She's everywhere after her.

Callum and his mam. How boring. I hate yeh, I love yeh, I hate yeh, I love yeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

that jane/calum story is the most overplayed nonsense i ever watched - does fair city think the irish audiences are morons.

this show has been going downhill for a while - sadly it's not going anywhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Jane looked very much like she'd been rubbing the Messenger to her cheeks last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

duridian wrote: »
    Jane looked very much like she'd been rubbing the Messenger to her cheeks last night.

:D I really did LOL at that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

twirlagig wrote: »
    :D I really did LOL at that! :D

My mother, god rest her, told us that she used do that when she was young before going out to a dance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Hmmm anyone know where I could purchase that delightful jacket Calum has been wearing later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone else think Carol's incessant pestering of Yvonne is juts a tad overdone? She's everywhere after her.

Callum and his mam. How boring. I hate yeh, I love yeh, I hate yeh, I love yeh.

Yes...it's just over the top the way Carol is pestering her and then everyone else - it's quite unrealistic that half the community would be asking how you were after such a trauma - No wonder Yvonne made a quick, quiet exit - hope she doesn't hail a taxi Carol is driving.

Also agree Calum and his Ma story is just getting silly now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement