Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Where did Val go?

I'm assuming she has (hopefully) been written out of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Zed Bank wrote: »
    Hmmm anyone know where I could purchase that delightful jacket Calum has been wearing later?

And anyone know where I can get those long-lasting black outfits that Naoimh has been wearing almost permanently since 2009?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Where did Val go?

feeling that she could no longer stay in Carraigstown after the shame of her swindler son's actions, she moved to be closer to the jail Eddie is in.. Limerick I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Where did Val go?

nice_very wrote: »
    feeling that she could no longer stay in Carraigstown after the shame of her swindler son's actions, she moved to be closer to the jail Eddie is in.. Limerick I think

Also I think she got turned down by Christy when she proposed to him - and to add to her embarrassment, it all came out across a loudspeaker system they had set up outside the community centre, for some shindig they were doing A microphone had been left turned on nearby when she proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Fair city is worse than useless at the moment, shocking no interest at all in it :(

• Advertisement

tune in at 8:30pm and its over thanks a lot

why is the timeslot moving over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

To reflect Paul's ever changing view of Jane. Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

So, Jane buys a €1.50 pill box from a Eurocity shop, fills it with paracetamol, and Paul falls for her cancer story hook, line and sinker :rolleyes:

What a load of shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Come on, cancer thats spreading? How long can she hide that from her son? Ridiculous. Jane has to realise she can't sustain such a big lie for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Have to agree the Jane storyline is the most annoying one they've had ... actually made me want to turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

eh, its always on at that time on sunday???

Anyway, all you missed was Pauls version of Ripleys "believe Jane or not"

It went: " i believe you, . . . . . . . . . ., i dont believe you,. . . . . . . . . . . . . .I believe you, . . . . . . . . . .i dont believe you,. . . . . . . . . . I believe you"

you also missed Charlie with his posh voice today (as opposed to his north Dublin accent which only appears on 2he last Sunday of every month and every other wednesday (excluding wednesdays with a public speaking exhibit)

oh and a ridiculous scene where Caoimhe wearing a sparkly dress which would give you a seizure and her ma engaging in a pointless time filling dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Things aren't good in Carrigstown at the moment. Main storylines are crazy Jane(really, really bad character), Carol faking concern for someone she normally hates and TJ who makes very strange mouth gestures at his baby daughter.
    Seriously thinking of deleting the series link on the Sky box :(:(:(

How many money scam storylines have there been in fair city in the last couple of years, must be hitting double figures, i'd imagine?

What is the obsession with this by the "writers" (loose term) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Caoimhe wearing a sparkly dress which would give you a seizure

AT HOME........... ALONE. Any girl would be in tracksuit or PJ's curled up on the sofa under a blanket watching TV, but not our Caoimhe.. dressed to the nines alone at home expecting nobody..

if you're gonna watch fair city, you're gonna have a bad time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,392 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Zed Bank wrote: »
    Come on, cancer thats spreading? How long can she hide that from her son? Ridiculous. Jane has to realise she can't sustain such a big lie for long.

If she was in the advanced stages of cancer, she would surely have been able to go into great detail to Paul about what the exact problem was but instead was very evasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I have the hour long Christmas Day episode and all the subsequent episodes to watch and I have no interest in watching them. Saw a minute of last nights and it was Jayne & Paul doing the same thing. I have lost all interest in it, bring back the bishops, bring a bit of life into the show. Terrible writing of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Watched it last night.

Terrible rubbish. Not a decent storyline in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Doesn't Paul end up bankrupt soon? I thought I heard something like that when he was starting to buy some properties and it all ends in disaster. Maybe Jane fleeces him for some expensive medical treatment and then does a runner.

Never thought I'd be saying bring back the Bishop's, it's all gone boring at the moment.

goo-eyes becomes a full time character

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How many times did Paul and Jane meet up in last night's episode?:rolleyes:

And, how long before we hear Jane yet again asking: Remember the night we 'made' Callum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Time to turn fair city off again for the foreseeable. After watching 3 people die of cancer in the last year this story line sickens me. Fc really scraping the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Janey mac, I think we should give the FC writers a break - they are just cutting their teeth on the new story-line that has ventured into sci-fi.

If you haven't worked it out, Jane is an alien. She comes from an utterly friendless planet, where single parents get absolutely no state support, where they get to see consultants at the weekends, where they have endless wardrobes of new dresses and jackets and where, as in all sci-fi, you never, ever grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Time to turn fair city off again for the foreseeable. After watching 3 people die of cancer in the last year this story line sickens me. Fc really scraping the barrel.

Me too. I had cancer a few years ago and when i told people the first thing they asked me was where did i have the cancer. Not once did Paul ask Jane where she had the cancer. Storyline totally unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Me too. I had cancer a few years ago and when i told people the first thing they asked me was where did i have the cancer. Not once did Paul ask Jane where she had the cancer. Storyline totally unbelievable.

Sorry to hear that bottlebrush, but it's great that it was a few years ago, so I hope you're doing really, really well now.

Happy new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jane could have been a great character but instead the writers turned her into a villain to despise and hate and not care about either way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

edelweis wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that bottlebrush, but it's great that it was a few years ago, so I hope you're doing really, really well now.

Happy new year!

Ah thanks a mill and many happy returns. Yeah am doing great and if fair city are doing storylines about illnesses i would like to think they draw from real life experiences but last nights episode left a lot to be desired.

Thats what fc does, every short term contract person is a villain. How about building some actual multidimensional, humorous characters.
    For example, as much as glenroe was mocked and derided by many, for example, it had some very good characters who had a persona to them.

Between predictable villains and money scams and walking around a Spar shop as if it is a local park, fair city has little of the real character of a north dublin suburb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

THIS!! It's the first question you would ask for goodness sakes!

PS - Sorry to hear about that bottlebrush, trusting you are in full health now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Me too. I had cancer a few years ago and when i told people the first thing they asked me was where did i have the cancer. .

Nosey gits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement