Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I heard a rumour that a new trailer will be released this weekend. Here's hoping!

It's pretty much guaranteed. Sony are having their 20th anniversary expo and holding a conference where they're gonna show off new stuff.
    Lots of rumors for about a new Crash Bandicoot game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's pretty much guaranteed. Sony are having their 20th anniversary expo and holding a conference where they're gonna show off new stuff.
    Lots of rumors for about a new Crash Bandicoot game.

Not all that I key since Universal own the rights so it's a legal mess. Not really wanted either, that series is a case for misplaced nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah ripping off Tomb Raider. :)

I see that video must be a re-edit since they left out Drake dying and the strange glitching that followed. Around 9:40 here
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/12/06/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-gameplay-trailer

Personally I'm not a fan of Drake's look for some reason. Something doesn't seem right.

But with this and the Nintendo games, 2015 should be a good year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That looks... Pretty mediocre actually

• Advertisement

I thought it looked incredible. Naughty dog really do know how to do a great on stage demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Watched that there its extremely meh in my eyes. It dosint look as good as i expected it to be after the E3 Video like i nearly think The Last of Us and Tomb Raider remastered looks better then this.

Like the Last tomb raider was a fantastic game and was basically a Female Uncharted. Like i cant wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider Next year on to we get some videos and gameplay of that i will take Uncharted 4 with a grain of sand. As i have been extremely disappointed by anything 1st party wise on the PS4 and like this has to be good to recover how bad the 1st party Ps4 games have been.

Before anyone says Bloodborn i won't be buying it as its not my kind of game and the only thing i have to wait and see are the Reviews The Order 1886.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Watched that there its extremely meh in my eyes. It dosint look as good as i expected it to be after the E3 Video like i nearly think The Last of Us and Tomb Raider remastered looks better then this.

Very harsh to judge a games graphics when it still has about a years worth of development to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Very harsh to judge a games graphics when it still has about a years worth of development to go.

Like i know there is still a year to go but the Last of US Remaster looked a hell of a lot better then this.

They only made 15 mins of gameplay they could have went all out for it to show off the power of the PS4. The Order 1886 looked better then this when i 1st seen it all that time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My body is ready.

Sony, please release an Uncharted Remastered Trilogy before this is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Looks great, probably the best looking game this gen! And with Naughty Dog, you know that gameplay will live up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After listening to Troy Baker voicing pagan min in far cry 4, i was Aisholt
    actually hoping today he'd be the villain in uncharted 4. Just saw it announced he is voicing drakes brother. I'm guessing the bro turns out to be a bad guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I got rather excited watching that, looks brilliant.

.....and now we wait :D

• Benzino wrote: »
    Looks great, probably the best looking game this gen! And with Naughty Dog, you know that gameplay will live up to expectations.

Really? Good graphics but wouldnt say the best this gen. Big uncharted fan but was a tad dissapointed that it didnt look better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Great demo from naughty dog once again. Whoever they got to play it is actually good at the game and shows how fluid the gameplay is compared to sh!t demos like the cod and battlefield ones usually are (walking and looking around really slow with terrible aim). I watched it on the TV and thought it looked really nice, it's a year away so they'll probably be doing more polishing before it's release

Either way, would rather the graphics don't look mind blowing only for them to be mediocre in comparison when the games released like ubisoft have been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I now have a reason to get a PS4. Hope there's a white PS4 bundle with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Really? Good graphics but wouldnt say the best this gen. Big uncharted fan but was a tad dissapointed that it didnt look better.

Probably only metal gear solid looks better imo, though I haven't seen much of Far Cry which looks good too.

It's more that it looks dull as hell, rather than anything about the graphical quality

• COYVB wrote: »
    It's more that it looks dull as hell, rather than anything about the graphical quality

Looked far too scripted!

I found the previous Uncharteds too scripted/linear as well, which is why I was never as big a fan as others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah ripping off Tomb Raider. :)

I see that video must be a re-edit since they left out Drake dying and the strange glitching that followed. Around 9:40 here
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/12/06/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-gameplay-trailer

Personally I'm not a fan of Drake's look for some reason. Something doesn't seem right.

But with this and the Nintendo games, 2015 should be a good year.

How did they rip off tomb raider exactly?
    COYVB wrote: »

Do you mean aesthetically dull or gameplay wise. Because I'm terms of both I thought they were varied and great. Combat and movement all looked fluid and exciting. Aesthetics were dark and claustrophobic in the caves. Bright and affluent when he exited and then it seemed to be darkening and overcast when he started engaging the enemies

Timmyctc wrote: »
    How did they rip off tomb raider exactly?
    Was a joke considering Uncharted was being referred to as Dude Raider when it first came out then when Tomb Raider was rebooted, it was said to be influenced by Uncharted. So just continuing the circle.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was a joke considering Uncharted was being referred to as Dude Raider when it first came out then when Tomb Raider was rebooted, it was said to be influenced by Uncharted. So just continuing the circle.

Ah I see. I didnt know this. :P I've been on reddit a lot.recently so you cant really rule out some of the more.ridiculous opinions floating around

Do you mean aesthetically dull or gameplay wise.

Both
    Because I'm terms of both I thought they were varied and great. Combat and movement all looked fluid and exciting. Aesthetics were dark and claustrophobic in the caves. Bright and affluent when he exited and then it seemed to be darkening and overcast when he started engaging the enemies

I vehemently disagree with pretty much every single word you've written there (and I'm an Uncharted fanboy)

COYVB wrote: »
    Both

I vehemently disagree with pretty much every single word you've written there (and I'm an Uncharted fanboy)

Well we'll agree to disagree. But I dont see how you can say that the gameplay shown wasn't fluid.

Fluid was one of the words that didn't fall under my disagreement actually. Exciting is on the other end of the scale. It looks a snoozefest, but it's early days and the game doesn't launch til, likely, November 10th or so next year, so there's plenty of time and I'm not going to lose any sleep over anything yet

I vehemently disagree with the idea that it looks like a 'snoozefest'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looked to be 30fps, hopefully they can hit 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Long term uncharted fan, but I was left disappointed with that.
    Thing about uncharted since its pinnicle (which was uc2 imo) is the nothing has surprised me since.
    Everything I watched on that demo I could see coming. Even made my eyes role when drake has yet another rock slip animation, the gunplaystill looks a small bit loose. Thought the feedback and feel of the guns could of improved due to the excellent system in tlou
    It was all very meh tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Typical Live demonstration , Slow camera movement to leave awe and suspense , slow steps , stop and look at surroundings to entice people , bit of combat in the middle.

Love the uncharted series but I dunno I kind of expected it to change up the forumla abit more than be the same 4 games I played already

Advertisement