Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Surely that's his own business?

Anyhow Cleve IMO you should take the 9k for the Skoda and buy some more sh1te! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Big Nasty wrote: »

Anyhow Cleve IMO you should take the 9k for the Skoda and buy some more sh1te! :D

Oh, of course.

It was just when TFB said "if it were me i'd rather be debt free, then buy stupid stuff but hey" - thats exactly how I see it. Thats always been my "way" if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

no, i think anyone that knows me knows i wouldn't be a diesel lover, or tight fisted when it comes to motoring enjoyment.

just kind of shocked having seen all your automotive gallivanting to the tune of a good few thousand euros with fairly obscure and expensive motoring choices to find that you have a hefty bankloan on your main car.

if it were me i'd rather be debt free, then buy stupid stuff but hey, that's really none of my business whatsoever, so i apologise for even going there :) and you could also be a millionaire and i just don't know :P

i didn't even know you had the 318is, always had a liking for them. any pics? 500 seems a snip if it isn't in ****e.
    Yeah it seems mad now, but the loan was for the 535d initially, then when I got bored of it and couldnt sell it - well that's why I still have the loan!

The 318 wasn't in **** when I bought it, but it seems to have developed a fault in the ecu now. It's the next one I'll be selling (or more likely parting out).

One lady owner never been diffed :)

The plan was to get about 11 for the superb, which is nearly 2k off the next cheapest basic spec '10 model on donedeall and then buy that w8 passat that I saw on here. That w8 engine sounds so burbly, almost like an old style 455 american v8.

However looks like that won't happen. Watch this space!

The only concern I'd have is paying the tax on all those yokes. Ok, the GMC is commercial but if I was you I'd be getting my ass to Kilbeggan tomorrow and seeing what 9k will buy you in something that's only €56 / annum to tax. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

The only concern I'd have is paying the tax on all those yokes. Ok, the GMC is commercial but if I was you I'd be getting my ass to Kilbeggan tomorrow and seeing what 9k will buy you in something that's only €56 / annum to tax. ;)

Oh I'm already on the list, Got my eye on a few pre '84 yank tanks.
    Even that el camino on done deal for instance said he'll be at the show too.

Ideally, next I want to buy a '90s cummins dodge ram, or a D series dodge.
    The skoda loan doesnt really bother me, it will sell if I ever really need the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

And one that's nct exempt so no poxy emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nothing wrong with having a few cars. Given the option wouldn't most of us take 10 different seriously tasty motors over one Veyron?

Economies of scale considered I'd rather a few 'interesting' yokes than one good car.

oh yeah, 100%. variety is the spice of life and all. don't want it to look like i was having a go there earlier.

i took out a personal loan for a car a few years back and like most nearly anyone i've ever asked says; i couldn't pay it back fast enough and i'l never get another. you get sick of the car while the loan is still in its youth.

have 2 little keepsake cars myself and shopping for a daily at the moment. slightly lower end stuff than Cleveland though. i wouldn't know what to do with more than 4 cylinders :pac:

And one that's nct exempt so no poxy emissions.

That doesn't really matter with most 80's stuff. ;)

Oh I'm already on the list, Got my eye on a few pre '84 yank tanks.
    Even that el camino on done deal for instance said he'll be at the show too.

Ideally, next I want to buy a '90s cummins dodge ram, or a D series dodge.
    The skoda loan doesnt really bother me, it will sell if I ever really need the cash.

Yeah but would it not be better having a loan on a cummins than a skoda?

That doesn't really matter with most 80's stuff. ;)

Is there no emissions test on most 80s stuff?

• Advertisement

Nothing that matters really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Pre '93 you get away with a lot emissions wise. On some very old Diesels the smoke test is only visual, the tester just stands behind the car and looks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Pre '93 you get away with a lot emissions wise. On some very old Diesels the smoke test is only visual, the tester just stands behind the car and looks :pac:

If they did that behind dgt's pug they'd look like this

Capture6.bmp

How ya feeling after the OP CM!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

How ya feeling after the OP CM!?! :D

CM finally got that sex change:eek:

:pac::D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Quite the dramatic irony event this evening. I washed the power washer! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I did that not so long ago, high five :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

yo dawg heard you like power washers, so we got you a power washer to wash your power washer :pac:

in motoring related news, my car is getting brought off monday, it should be working by the end of the day or tuesday....hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

yo dawg heard you like power washers, so we got you a power washer to wash your power washer :pac:

They can power wash each other :pac: Yes, winning!

Its like a watered down version of inception

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

@chp if your not that pushed about selling the skoda you could keep it for 3 months or so and surly sell it then. 9k just seems too cheap to let it go for. As I've said before the last few months the market just seems to have gone dead for cars. My parents put up the 05 octavia now on a bad day that should have sold like a hot bun. Diesel isofix seats big boot ideal family car they had it up for 3.5k euro and not an ounce of interest like there is something wrong there they ended up selling it to a family member for less as they wanted it gone due to lack of need for the car and lack of space.

That superb should fetch 11k euro all day and yet you can't get near that. I have to wonder what going on in people's heads at the moment unless diesel car demand is dropping.

Bpmull wrote: »
    unless diesel car demand is dropping.

i hope not... i'm enjoying shopping for bargain priced petrols!

Lads a problem has cropped up my friend has a renault clio and she's just said this to me

"long story short got it fixed drove it constantly for 2 days radio decided it didn't want to play anything but still wouldn't turn off, battery died and won't jump start"

New battery too

Alternator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

i hope not... i'm enjoying shopping for bargain priced petrols!

I've never seen the market as slow. I know I can't complain as the focus sold in a week granted for a bit less than I wanted. And every golf I seemed to ring about seemed to be sold before if get to luck at them. But demand for car vans is abit more stable as there is few in anyway reasonable condition. Demand for diesel cars seems to have seriously dropped. But then in a few months time demand may well be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Lads a problem has cropped up my friend has a renault clio and she's just said this to me

"long story short got it fixed drove it constantly for 2 days radio decided it didn't want to play anything but still wouldn't turn off, battery died and won't jump start"

New battery too

Alternator?

any car should jump start regardless really..... and possibly not, just pull the radio , clearly draining the battery !

radio won't turn off and the battery is flat :P no prizes there!

i've found some cars with a very very flat battery won't start with a jump, particularly if you have poor quality leads.

trickle charge the battery back up and remove the radio. long term though i wouldn't like to be troubleshooting it :)

any car should jump start regardless really..... and possibly not, just pull the radio , clearly draining the battery !
    radio won't turn off and the battery is flat :P no prizes there!

i've found some cars with a very very flat battery won't start with a jump, particularly if you have poor quality leads.

trickle charge the battery back up and remove the radio. long term though i wouldn't like to be troubleshooting it :)

Well she lives in cork, so I'm only going with what i have :pac: but I'll say it to her anyways

Well she lives in cork, so I'm only going with what i have :pac: but I'll say it to her anyways

without going into detail, ive come across people who tried jump starting a car with one of the cables on incorrectly or in the wrong place... or one on a rubber pipe once :pac:

without going into detail, ive come across people who tried jump starting a car with one of the cables on incorrectly or in the wrong place... or one on a rubber pipe once :pac:

Ah she's not that stupid :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Ah she's not that stupid :pac::pac:

oh right :pac:

in other news, was at my car yesterday, opened up the bonnet and saw the ground underneath the car ! :eek:

turned around and saw nearly every part taken apart on the ground ! very interesting indeed !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement