Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Pics or it didn't happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

BBS CK booooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 18" 8j and 18 8.5j at the rears and some Matadors to wrap them with.

Genuine or reps?
    Either way, SWEEEET!!

I already have a thing for your car, this will only make it worse. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Big Nasty wrote: »
    @ Supergurrier

There's a classic American car show on in Kilbeggan Sunday that should be of interest to you.

Always a few for sale at it too. ;)

Bah working Sunday :(

Heading up north to test drive a 16v steel engined rover the following week though.

New shafts locking mechanism bulbs and Volvo driveshaft bolts going on Monday so happy days. Also need to price some spraying while I'm in getting that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

CianRyan wrote: »
    Genuine or reps?
    Either way, SWEEEET!!

Either way is not sweet! If you paid for a hooker and she showed up with a flesh light would that be sweet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

tossy wrote: »
    Either way is not sweet! If you paid for a hooker and she showed up with a flesh light would that be sweet? :D

Speaking from experience are we?? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CianRyan wrote: »
    Genuine or reps?
    Either way, SWEEEET!!

I already have a thing for your car, this will only make it worse. :p

Real deal lads! Just hope they fit now!!!

Speaking from experience are we?? :pac::pac:

lol I won't be booking her again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Great wheel man, can't wait to see them on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Heading up north to test drive a 16v steel engined rover the following week though.

I expect a drive if you buy it

Can't wait to see them, i would love to try some darker colour spray wrap on them while the are new and fresh and before the go on the car.

At the very least invest in a good wheel sealer while you are waiting and give them 2 or 3 coats before fitting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

BBS CK booooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 18" 8j and 18 8.5j at the rears and some Matadors to wrap them with.

Who did you order from? Been contemplating pulling the trigger on some original CH's myself lately......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Who did you order from? Been contemplating pulling the trigger on some original CH's myself lately......

http://www.performancealloys.com

Had the lads email me, to be certain of fitment, as they are worried the rears wont fit it.

They advised me to fit the rears before fitting tires to make sure and take it from there. That'll be a delicate operation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Passed a car in navan with a for sale sign on the window. 3 windows smashed and bags over them, not the first time I've seen that either.

How f*cking low do you have to be to do that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Love this:

0nc8yjn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Love this:
    rdtq.png

Donedeal obviously didn't. Taken down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Mint condition! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I noticed Donedeal put in a "message system" too

How great...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Kaiser D wrote: »
    I noticed Donedeal put in a "message system" too

How great...
    I was beta testing it. It's basically a text service along the lines of what's app.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

http://www.performancealloys.com

Had the lads email me, to be certain of fitment, as they are worried the rears wont fit it.

They advised me to fit the rears before fitting tires to make sure and take it from there. That'll be a delicate operation!

Camber the **** out of it :D It'll fit then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Some wet stuff approaching the SW coast line now. So just be warned if you're out washing the car :).

304493.png
    Today
    Staying fine across much of Leinster and Ulster this evening, but cloud will increase elsewhere as rain gradually speads into Munster and south Connacht.

Tonight

Becoming wet and windy everywhere tonight as rain continues to spreads northward and easterly winds increase. Lowest temperatures of 6 or 7 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone know how long Oponeo take to deliver? Firt timerdering tyres online so a bit lost :o.

My mate said I can get them delivered to his place and hell hold onto them until I get over to him to fit them.

These should be fine shouldn't they, he was asking about the directon of the tyre?

They have some brilliant reviews online.

http://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-models/vredestein-ultrac-vorti?gclid=CIKB6uiQ-b0CFWNz2wodlBsA-Q#offer-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone know how long Oponeo take to deliver? Firt timerdering tyres online so a bit lost :o.

My mate said I can get them delivered to his place and hell hold onto them until I get over to him to fit them.

These should be fine shouldn't they, he was asking about the directon of the tyre?

http://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-models/vredestein-ultrac-vorti?gclid=CIKB6uiQ-b0CFWNz2wodlBsA-Q#offer-tab

It takes about a week to get to Ireland. They are based in Poland and they stop off in a few different countries on the way over. Germany, Uk etc.. You can track it as well.

It takes about a week to get to Ireland. They are based in Poland and they stop off in a few different countries on the way over. Germany, Uk etc.. You can track it as well.

Aw, I hope mine arrive by Friday at least, just ordered this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Aw, I hope mine arrive by Friday at least, just ordered this morning!

Its not like An Post I notice, international freight seems to keep moving the whole weeked, I'd reckon you'll have them wednesday Alan :)

When are the rims due?

YbFocus wrote: »
    Its not like An Post I notice, international freight seems to keep moving the whole weeked, I'd reckon you'll have them wednesday Alan :)

When are the rims due?

Oh cool! Rims will arrive on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

If you do one thing. Steam off the courior stickers don't try and peel them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If you do one thing. Steam off the courior stickers don't try and peel them off.

How do you mean. They come with plastic wraped around the tyres with the stickers on the outside, but they do have the tyre information sticker on the tyre, but you don't need to steam them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Seen a Hyundai i40 estate today as a garda car. First I've seen of them. They're surely catching on!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seen a Hyundai i40 estate today as a garda car. First I've seen of them. They're surely catching on!

Double edged sword though. Gardai bought a load of them - kills any desirability they might have if there are too many of them.

See also: Ford Mondeo mk3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I've seen a few of them lately, 1 unmarked too. No lights on the sides of the bumpers or anything..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement