Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV for the PS4?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

beercr8te wrote: »
    I'm hoping my Samsung 46ES8000 will do the trick, my PS3 and Xbox games look good enough so on it.

if you play fast pace games online the samsungs high input lag compared to sony might be an issue.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

check out the sets on there. for the 55" range which i'll be getting sony is miles ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

need some advice guys

my brother wants a 32" tv with good lag input (maybes 35ms or below?)
    also one that handles motion well. none of that white blur behind the ball in fifa
    his budget is in or around 350. he could stretch to 400 at a push

i reccomended him the 32" of the tv im getting on monday (sony 42KDLW653) but theyre 500 euro..well above his budget

i did some googling and considered the Samsung F5000 until ive read horrible motion bluring and ghosting behind the ball on fifa..so im now clueless what to reccomend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bought a Toshiba 39" smart tv a few weeks ago,it was a lot cheaper than the 46" Samsung I have & the picture is actually superior.No motion blur whatsoever,I read some technical trials & reviews of the tv's screen & it came out with excellent marks.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    need some advice guys

my brother wants a 32" tv with good lag input (maybes 35ms or below?)
    also one that handles motion well. none of that white blur behind the ball in fifa
    his budget is in or around 350. he could stretch to 400 at a push

i reccomended him the 32" of the tv im getting on monday (sony 42KDLW653) but theyre 500 euro..well above his budget

i did some googling and considered the Samsung F5000 until ive read horrible motion bluring and ghosting behind the ball on fifa..so im now clueless what to reccomend him.

Go into Harvey norman and check them for yourself. Remember their TV's can be bought much cheaper elsewhere so make your pick and go to a local store for a bargain on the same model.

But before you do, do some extensive research online about that TV. I'm in the process of doing that now and I'm down to 2 TV's.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Go into Harvey norman and check them for yourself. Remember their TV's can be bought much cheaper elsewhere so make your pick and go to a local store for a bargain on the same model.

But before you do, do some extensive research online about that TV. I'm in the process of doing that now and I'm down to 2 TV's.

ive done lots of research. its actually stressfull trying to find a suitable tv for him :mad: the samsung F5000 is a good candidate but i saw bad reviews about motion blur. what are the 2 tvs youre down to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

For anyone that wants to snap a bargain I have the 32 inch version of the Sony W6 series on sale over in adverts for 350 euro. 3 months old with receipt in as new condition which cost me 500 euro. Just bought the 46W905 today!!! Taking delivery Friday. Same day as PS4 :)

http://www.adverts.ie/4288063

Flaccus wrote: »
    For anyone that wants to snap a bargain I have the 32 inch version of the Sony W6 series on sale over in adverts for 350 euro. 3 months old with receipt in as new condition which cost me 500 euro. Just bought the 46W905 today!!! Taking delivery Friday. Same day as PS4 :)

http://www.adverts.ie/4288063

my brother wants one but i see youre in limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Limerick weekends.
    Cork weekdays.
    If he has to travel from another county I will knock 20 euro off.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Looks like Sony using the Sony kdlw653 and 654 for the ps4 demos.

I bought the 42 inch in Argos over a month ago for less than 500 Euro and it's a great tv only used for gaming and Netflix and both handle perfect.

Looks like Sony using the Sony kdlw653 and 654 for the ps4 demos.

I bought the 42 inch in Argos over a month ago for less than 500 Euro and it's a great tv only used for gaming and Netflix and both handle perfect.

im buying it tomorrow in power city :D

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ive done lots of research. its actually stressfull trying to find a suitable tv for him :mad: the samsung F5000 is a good candidate but i saw bad reviews about motion blur. what are the 2 tvs youre down to?

Samsung F8000 and Sony W9 both 55". Big down side on most big TV's are sports. The picture blurs too easily. Go into a store and check out a 4k TV with a soccer match and you'll see perfection. But as you may know there won't be enough 4k support for a few years to justify buying one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

The price for this UE46F6500 on Pixmania is only 739 and theres a 14 euro discount so delivered for 725.

It doesnt have

"This TV does not have a DVB-T2 tuner for Freeview HD capture.
    SMART TV services may not be available in certain countries."

But I'm not too pushed about freeview/smart, the TV has unreal reviews.

Anyone had this tv with the same stuff missing above?

I can get the Sony 42" kdlw653 for 620 euro delivered with 5 year guarantee, but the 6500 for an extra 100euro, but 2 year warranty... dunno what to do!!!

Samsung F8000 and Sony W9 both 55". Big down side on most big TV's are sports. The picture blurs too easily. Go into a store and check out a 4k TV with a soccer match and you'll see perfection. But as you may know there won't be enough 4k support for a few years to justify buying one :(

what did you choose in the end? sadly, both are out of my price range. im getting the sony W6 42" tomorrow.

im yet to see 4k in person but ive read about them and their mind blowing detail. if i played for liverpool i would be buying one but sadly ill not have one for another 10 years or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Wow really interesting see the different view in this thread. Surely it not possible to say outright Plasma is better than LED or vice-versa or does it become more transparent with more high end sets. Saw some TV's when we picked our own out that looked really lush, not even talking about the blacker than black that people talk about with Plasma. No idea if these TV's were even led, lcd, or plasma or something else.
    Ones I saw were about twice as expensive or more than twice as expensive as my Smart Panasonic 37".

Wow really interesting see the different view in this thread. Surely it not possible to say outright Plasma is better than LED or vice-versa or does it become more transparent with more high end sets. Saw some TV's when we picked our own out that looked really lush, not even talking about the blacker than black that people talk about with Plasma. No idea if these TV's were even led, lcd, or plasma or something else.
    Ones I saw were about twice as expensive or more than twice as expensive as my Smart Panasonic 37".

I seen a 55" plasma beside a 55" LCD and the sales man was like, pick the one you think is better. I couldn't honestly tell which was better but preferred the brighter look of the LED. Some prefer the look of the plasma better and it also depends on what you'll be doing with it. You really need to go to a big store with them all on display. I would say harvey norman because they've all the brands not a select one or two.

You can always make your choice there and get the same set elsewhere just for a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I seen a 55" plasma beside a 55" LCD and the sales man was like, pick the one you think is better. I couldn't honestly tell which was better but preferred the brighter look of the LED. Some prefer the look of the plasma better and it also depends on what you'll be doing with it. You really need to go to a big store with them all on display. I would say harvey norman because they've all the brands not a select one or two.

You can always make your choice there and get the same set elsewhere just for a cheaper price.

Our box was about €400 for a 37" with smart features, although I never managed to get it online even though it detected the wired connection. Redundant now anyway. I remember seeing a 50" Plasma in tesco going for €399, reviews on tescos website looked really good. A bit more digging revealing it was 720i and review elsewhere were terrible. In saying all this saw some terrific tvs with metallic almost non existent frames. These were stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Recent thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057079850

Plenty of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

lfc13 wrote: »
    Hello i am getting a new tv for my ps4 and want to know what would be a good one to get? my budget is up to 400 euros. However i dont really understand the whole input lag and Hz so any help and recommendation would be appreciated.

Pix Mania, picked up a 42 inch LG off there the other day, it is class and no input lag as far as I can see if you set it up right. €360 after 30% off and 20 euro discount code

anyone know how to tune in saoirview on the sony w6? keeps finding 0 channels :\

whats your gaming settings for the W653 guys? not impressed with it so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

Out of the TVs you mentioned, the Sony W900A Internet TV (55" Class) would be the best option for gaming on the PlayStation 4. It has received positive reviews and is known for its excellent picture quality, low input lag, and good motion handling, which are important factors for gaming. It also offers a wide range of smart features and has a good reputation for overall performance.

However, if you're considering a larger screen size, the Sony R550A Series LED Internet TV (60" Class) could be a suitable choice. It offers a bigger display, which can enhance your viewing experience for movies and sports. While it may not have the same level of picture quality as the W900A, it still provides a decent gaming experience and offers smart features.

The Sony W802A Series LED Internet TV (55" Class) is also a good option, but it may not offer the same level of performance as the other two models you mentioned. It's still a solid TV with good picture quality, but if gaming is your top priority, the W900A would be a better choice.

If you're open to exploring other options, consider looking into the LG CX OLED TV or the Samsung Q80T QLED TV. These models are highly regarded for their picture quality and gaming features. OLED TVs, in particular, offer deep blacks and vibrant colors, which can enhance your gaming and movie-watching experience.

Ultimately, it's important to consider your budget, desired screen size, and specific features that matter most to you. I recommend checking online reviews and comparing prices to make an informed decision that best fits your needs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Where were you 10 years ago?

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement