Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC in Dublin in May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Looking less likely Seery will get the call up for the card after todays performance. Pity. No one deserves it more. Epitimises Irish MMA success through hard work in an underdog story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Any news on this ..May or Sept ??

still up in the air I guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Doubt it will be May, probably going to be around September/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Seems to be September

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Nice, suits me better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

September is better in general for the card in terms of hoping for a good card. May & July are usually the big shows and the next big show isn't normally until December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Sep would be a better date to get pendred and fields on the card for maybe their second fight in the ufc?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

According to Wikipedia (take it with a pinch of salt if you will) the UFC will be returning in September of this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufc_events#Scheduled_events

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

According to Wikipedia (take it with a pinch of salt if you will) the UFC will be returning in September of this year.

According to Wikipedia (take it with a pinch of salt if you will), Gary Oldman is a giraffe

garyoldmanwiki_521239.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The source for that is Mcgregor's mma hour interview, hardly definitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

That's the reason I added the caveat.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

In Peter Carroll's latest interview with Conor, he talks about his rehab, UFC Dublin, the new gym, what's next and more

It's over at Severe, if you want to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13 n3llo

Hi, anyone going over to London in March? I wanna go but not on my own..... Living in Cavan!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

n3llo wrote: »
    Hi, anyone going over to London in March? I wanna go but not on my own..... Living in Cavan!!

There's a few of us from the Call of Duty forum going over. Flying in Friday lunch time and leaving Sunday lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 n3llo

There's a few of us from the Call of Duty forum going over. Flying in Friday lunch time and leaving Sunday lunch time.

Have ye got your UFC tickets already?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

n3llo wrote: »
    Have ye got your UFC tickets already?

Yea, one of the other lads bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Out of interest, if/when Dublin in September is confirmed, at what stage would tickets go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

End of may and on sale july prob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

adamski8 wrote: »
    End of may and on sale july prob

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Words cannot express my displeasure if Sept 20th is confirmed.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Words cannot express my displeasure if Sept 20th is confirmed.

:(

IF it is any chance you could move yer flights back a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pbee

I think Conor will be main event. There will be some atmosphere but as a long time fan I will feel somewhat short changed if so. Even a co main event with a top 5 fighter will do me though.

pbee wrote: »
    I think Conor will be main event. There will be some atmosphere but as a long time fan I will feel somewhat short changed if so. Even a co main event with a top 5 fighter will do me though.

Dana said (pre injury) that Conor won't be main event.

Mellor wrote: »
    Dana said (pre injury) that Conor won't be main event.

Ah, The old chestnut, "Dana said...."

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah, The old chestnut, "Dana said...."

So you think he was lying so he could surprised everyone by having Conor as the main?

Tbf, Conor has probably built his profile in the media, but after a year layoff pushing him for the ME would be terrible. I'd say a top 10 fight is pushing it a bit.

Mellor wrote: »
    So you think he was lying so he could surprised everyone by having Conor as the main?

Tbf, Conor has probably built his profile in the media, but after a year layoff pushing him for the ME would be terrible. I'd say a top 10 fight is pushing it a bit.

If Conor comes out in his return fight in July and wins very well then i reckon he'll get a Top 10 guy, look at the cards we've been getting over here, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he headlined, but certain of a co main event slot at the least.

Would love to see an old timer scrap headline myself, something like Wand/Hendo/Shogun/Rich/BJ

Ah right, I was going on the basis that Dublin is his return. With a fight before hand anything could happen. Especially if he smashes someone just outside the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pbee

I wouldnt believe the radio in Danas house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Wouldn't expect Conor to return with a Top 10 fight. Worst thing that could happen for the UFC would be for him to get beat after all the publicity around how they wrapped him in cotton wool while off injured. They need him to win, so I'd expect a relatively straight forward fight against a division gatekeeper. That would break him in to the Top 10 on merit and then the real fights can start.

To be honest, they could put Conor up against a homeless guy off the street and there'd still going to be an unreal atmosphere for his fight. He's still in that honeymoon period where MOST people (mostly new fans of the UFC/purely McGregor fans) are only interested in seeing him fight and have little interest in who it's against. They don't HAVE to make this a big fight for Conor, the occasion will do that alone. So why take the risk?

I'd expect a McGregor co-main event with a Top 5 'title contention' fight to headline. Similar to what the UK cards get.

Will the TUF series be finished airing by then? Possible that Pendred/Fields might get a look in for this? Imagine it would be cutting it fine, even if it was over in time. Seery will probably be kept around for this event, even if he loses at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    IF it is any chance you could move yer flights back a day?

No hope.

Gutted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement