Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC in Dublin in May

Options
  • 09-11-2013 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Conor McGregor said on the Late Late that the UFC has the O2 booked for May :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Yea Andrew tweeted about this after UFC in Manchester

https://twitter.com/andrewmcgahon_/status/394239267032952833

"The UFC IS going to Dublin/Berlin in April/May.It depends on somebody's knee or something ? Cities interchangeable. "

If Conor isn't ready for Dublin in April/May then they will have an event in Berlin at that time, and push the Dublin date back to wait for Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

so what will be the story with tickets, any1 any ideas on when theyllbe on sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

so Conor McGregor said on the Late Late last night that the ufc is booked for may in dublin, when will the tickets be out? because ive a feeling theyll be sold out in an hour or 2, been way too long of a wait for another ufc night here, hopefully it's gonna be a good card too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its not confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

IanLAD wrote: »
    so Conor McGregor said on the Late Late last night that the ufc is booked for may in dublin, when will the tickets be out? because ive a feeling theyll be sold out in an hour or 2, been way too long of a wait for another ufc night here, hopefully it's gonna be a good card too!

Date is not confirmed tickets will sell out fast, if your with O2 mobile will prob get them pre-sale failing that join the UFC fan club for pre-sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

He was talking about the O2 in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dave0301 wrote: »
    He was talking about the O2 in London.

No he wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

scudzilla wrote: »
    No he wasn't

Ahhhhhh, I just took it up that he meant London as he followed it up straight after he mentioned the March event, my bad!

Carry on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ah balls....

I'm supposed to be booking a holiday for late April or early May. Scared to now in case they bloody announce for Dublin on the same dates!

And I can see the wife's face alright, when I tell her the holiday is on hold pending Conor McGregor's injury rehabilitation schedule...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

I always say I won't go to any Irish UFC event where they give us an awful card. On most european shows they give irrelevant cards that only sell because of the brand and I don't think people should pay the 70 odd euro for it.

Saying that I'll probably be sitting at my laptop counting down the minutes until tickets go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Chewabacca wrote: »
    I always say I won't go to any Irish UFC event where they give us an awful card. On most european shows they give irrelevant cards that only sell because of the brand and I don't think people should pay the 70 odd euro for it.

Saying that I'll probably be sitting at my laptop counting down the minutes until tickets go on sale.

The card for UFC 93 in Dublin was very good, But what I thought was great was the actual event itself - the atmosphere was amazing something you dont appreciate while watching on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Bruce Buffer alone is worth the entrance fee

Bruce Buffer alone is worth the entrance fee

For UFC 93 we held a little party on the Friday Evening at The Octagon Bar in The Clarence, was about 25 of us from US/UK/IRE, we met up at most events, we all know Big Dan and Kev quite well so they came along, also invited Buffer, because wherever Buffer goes, so do the ring girls ;)

Sure enough, Old brucey turns up with Arianny and Edith, anti social cnuts they were too, spent all night on there phones while we all got mashed

scudzilla wrote: »
    For UFC 93 we held a little party on the Friday Evening at The Octagon Bar in The Clarence, was about 25 of us from US/UK/IRE, we met up at most events, we all know Big Dan and Kev quite well so they came along, also invited Buffer, because wherever Buffer goes, so do the ring girls ;)

Sure enough, Old brucey turns up with Arianny and Edith, anti social cnuts they were too, spent all night on there phones while we all got mashed

Savage, legend of a man. I fancy the women fighters way more than the ring girls, does that make me weird? Despite not even knowing when this is on fo sho I'm mad excited for it just for the buzz surrounding it, a good card would be the mutts nuts but the whole weekends craic around it all is as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Yeah Gary Cook told me the exclusive in Manchester but he couldn't give me a date because it all depends on Conor and his Knee.

This will sell out within Minutes. The last time in 2009 it was one of the fastest selling events in the 02 / UFC History. It also only held 9300 and something. I think for the next one they will change the production slightly to hold more. I was in the O2 the other night and thought if they put the Octagon where the stage usually is they could probably get the usual 13K in there.

So that was in 2009 when Tom Egan was on the undercard. Imagine how quick it's going to sell out with McGregor.

They'll be gone within 20 minutes IMO.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Yeah Gary Cook told me the exclusive in Manchester but he couldn't give me a date because it all depends on Conor and his Knee.

This will sell out within Minutes. The last time in 2009 it was one of the fastest selling events in the 02 / UFC History. It also only held 9300 and something. I think for the next one they will change the production slightly to hold more. I was in the O2 the other night and thought if they put the Octagon where the stage usually is they could probably get the usual 13K in there.

So that was in 2009 when Tom Egan was on the undercard. Imagine how quick it's going to sell out with McGregor.

Not a chance of 13k, that's only for the standing layout, it'll be exactly the same as last time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, 10k max imo. Not a chance of 13k

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

so the best way to get tickets for this is to get 5 of the lads plus myself, join the ufc fight club split the cost of tat (€10 each) and get 6 tickets presale ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What does everyone think the price range will be ? Like what was it for UFC93. Trying to convince a few mates who aren't mad into MMA to go, but it'll be hard if tickets are expensive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

My guess would be that tickets will start around the €75 mark

• Advertisement

Cheapest for Manchester was £75sterling, with booking fee on top of that, next step up was £100 with another tenner for the booking fee. Wouldnt be surprised to see the lowest being €85 costing you €92+ thanks to ticketmaster the reptillian swines.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

€50 for a Cage Warriors seat where you can be within touching distance of the fighters for similar level of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tickets last time out started at €50. Mine were €200 or so and they were the closest ones to the cage that eyeing weren't VIP.

Awesome seats, but I'm going for the cheap seats. As with domestic events, it's probably best not to be sitting behind where the cameraman obscures your view every time the action comes your way

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

For anyone speculating who will/won't be on the card Cody Donovan said in a few interview he wants on the card and he's an Irish American. So if he's not cut I reckon he's a shoe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That would take out the ringside seats space and where the other entrance for fighters is. The cage will be where it was last time.

Also, there is no hope this sells out in 20 minutes. It will be half a day at the earliest. GSP / Serra & UFC 100 were the fastest and this will not match it or even get near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The middle blocks will sell out in no time and there will be ringside ones left due to the cost of them. We were in the 2nd to cheapest seats and still had a good view and you have the big screens everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What stadium in Berlin would it be held if Dublin was postponed?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

unknown13 wrote: »
    That would take out the ringside seats space and where the other entrance for fighters is. The cage will be where it was last time.

Also, there is no hope this sells out in 20 minutes. It will be half a day at the earliest. GSP / Serra & UFC 100 were the fastest and this will not match it or even get near it.

That event held 20 thousand.

It also sold out within minutes not half a day.

Sorry I can see how you've worded your post now. GSP and Serra 2 was sold out within minutes. Not sure about UFC 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That event held 20 thousand.

It also sold out within minutes not half a day.

Sorry I can see how you've worded your post now. GSP and Serra 2 was sold out within minutes. Not sure about UFC 100.

UFC 100 was in minutes aswell. Too much hype about the event, everyone wanted to be at it. I cannot see the British fans coming over in numbers like last time if its in April or May given that there getting a good card in London in March. I could be wrong though.

It will be a day, the event sells out.

Oh by the way, the poster who said go for the middle blocks. I was in the middle block for 93 and I wont be going back to the section. Had the camera man in front of the row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Never thought of the camera man but the middle block was priced accordingly last time, it was a good jump higher than the tiered seats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement