Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC in Dublin in May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

unknown13 wrote: »
    UFC 100 was in minutes aswell. Too much hype about the event, everyone wanted to be at it.

Not quite.

I bought tickets for it and it was a few hours after release before I got them. They were $300 seats, so I'm sure the $500/750 seats took a few more hours after that.

I don't doubt that the UFC claimed they sold out in minutes though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

I can't wait until they come again!

I remember at the Franklin Henderson card, Screaming for mark Coleman (i was a shogun fan xD) some mad nostalgia bug caught me and I was just shouting "Hammer"at the top of my voice, crowd was amazing!

75 euro ticket in the nosebleeds and still we could see everything that was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Xlami wrote: »
    For anyone speculating who will/won't be on the card Cody Donovan said in a few interview he wants on the card and he's an Irish American. So if he's not cut I reckon he's a shoe in.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Anyone have any idea of the actual date they have the O2 booked for? The Bodypower Expo is on in Birmingham the weekend of the 17th of May and I'm mad to go. Not missing the UFC though under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone have any idea of the actual date they have the O2 booked for? The Bodypower Expo is on in Birmingham the weekend of the 17th of May and I'm mad to go. Not missing the UFC though under any circumstances.

they have it provisionally booked for May, but it all depends on McGregors knee so it could be anytime between May and October, becuase id say both McGregor and UFC would like him to have another fight before coming to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/conor-mcgregor-recovery-ufc-ireland-1197853-Nov2013/

John Kavnagh says he thinks they'll be here in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

califano wrote: »
    What stadium in Berlin would it be held if Dublin was postponed?.

Most likely the o2 Arena in Berlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

dickwod1 wrote: »

By interesting you mean completely and utterly retarded?

One thread closes on Conor McGregor and then the next comment here is "completely and utterly retarded?"

I don't know if your asking me something or telling me my opinion, however by interesting I mean if Diego dropped down and Conor went up because that catch weight fight would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Read Bisping will be ready to fight March/April.Can we expect him in Dublin?

One thread closes on Conor McGregor and then the next comment here is "completely and utterly retarded?"

I don't know if your asking me something or telling me my opinion, however by interesting I mean if Diego dropped down and Conor went up because that catch weight fight would be amazing.

I'm not asking anything. Just stating an opinion. And I posted that before the other thread closed.
    dave1982 wrote: »

Read that this morning. Really hope he doesn't rush back to fight and do himself more harm. Having said that, look forward to seeing him in the octagon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I hope so. As much as I hate him, I have come to terms with the fact that he's much better than i've given him credit for in the past. He'll never be World Champion but he's always been a very solid Top 5 guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I hope so. As much as I hate him, I have come to terms with the fact that he's much better than i've given him credit for in the past. He'll never be World Champion but he's always been a very solid Top 5 guy!

See him very much as a gatekeeper for the Top 5. As you said, he'll never be a champion but if you beat Bisping, you're doing well. Good, solid fighter.

I'm not asking anything, Just stating an opinion.

Well the way your comment is written with "you mean" it seemed like you were telling me my opinion on my comment, Also to avoid further confusion don't put a question mark at the end of "your opinion" if it's not a question.

Well the way your comment is written with "you mean" it seemed like you were telling me my opinion on my comment, Also to avoid further confusion don't put a question mark at the end of "your opinion" if it's not a question.

OK, thanks chief. Will do?

WOW a mod is now trolling my thread, Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

WOW a mod is now trolling my thread, Nice.

It's not trolling. It was a harmless funny comment.
    Chill.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    It's not trolling. It was a harmless funny comment.
    Chill.

Yep, Defo just funny comments, My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yep, Defo just funny comments, My bad.

The first comment wasn't directed at you. It was aimed at the idea of this fight happening.
    The second was a harmless comment.
    Don't get caught up in making something out of nothing.

• Advertisement

The first comment wasn't directed at you. It was aimed at the idea of this fight happening.
    So he quotes me and then says "you mean" but that's not directed at me, Right.
    The second was a harmless comment.
    Were he deliberately writes something to annoy me, Right.
    Don't get caught up in making something out of nothing.
    No bother. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So he quotes me and then says "you mean" but that's not directed at me, Right.

Were he deliberately writes something to annoy me, Right.

No bother. End of.

He left the word do out of his original post.
    By interesting Do you mean completely and utterly retarded?
    There is that better? Your MMA opinions are liberated once more.

Mellor wrote: »

There is that better? Your MMA opinions are liberated once more.

Thanks for liberating me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In the words of arnie in Terminator 2

"Chill out......... dickwod!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I would welcome his addition to the card. He will end up fighting a solid opponent who could give him problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

MrStuffins wrote: »
    In the words of arnie in Terminator 2

"Chill out......... dickwod!"

This is actually very good but will go unnoticed in this forum unfortunately as much like the cycling forum the humor gene is sadly lacking here. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stuffins you missed a opportunity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA 10h
    @nedd12: @TheNotoriousMMA when's your homecoming fight in Eire #askNotorious” It is still in the air. May or September now.

thank god there is a show on 13th Sept in O2 ( ant & dec takeaway ) cause its the missus' birthday the 15th and I was feared it would clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm out of the country from April 29th to May 9th.

Would be just my luck...

• Advertisement

With the amount of MMA/UFC supporters here now compared to when UFC 93 was here I'd say the tickets will sell out so fast most of us will miss them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement