Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock - The BBC4/BBC3/BBC2/BBC1 Music Programmes thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not often a song called 'Snot Rap' reaches the top 40 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's a pity BBC Four do not show more live material - you'd have though it quite cost effective time filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Wouldn't like to be on a flight next to Steve Wright, but Richard Skinner always seemed like a decent presenter.

He did the opening bit of Live Aid "It's twelve noon in London ..." a few years after this.

Great song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Neil Kinnock never got to 10 Downing Street but he did star in a Tracy Ullman Music Video

More than Jeremy Corbyn will ever be able to do.

• Advertisement

Just in case you missed it music people, especially crooner people, Tony Bennett is appearing at Bord Gais 25th June.

http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/news-article/bord-gais-energy-theatre-is-delighted-to-announce-tony-bennett-for-one-nigh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watching TTOP now , New Order live eek, U2 reliably belting it out. that Kajagoogoo song no memories of that one at all. Tracey Ullman cant not like her. I can still hum along to Duran Duran after all these years even though as a dude you werent supposed to like them that much ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    just watching TTOP now , New Order live eek, U2 reliably belting it out. that Kajagoogoo song no memories of that one at all. Tracey Ullman cant not like her. I can still hum along to Duran Duran after all these years even though as a dude you werent supposed to like them that much ;-)

those V2 people look promising though; wonder what happened to them:D

Jocky Wilson's favourite band :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

Very odd sound on Dexy's Celtic Soul Brothers.
    They sound like they're singing up a pipe.

• Advertisement

Nice of the Beeb to fly Leroy all the way over from America just to say 'Yes, we are.'

Ah, the decadent 80's.

Jocky Wilson's favourite band :)

Will we ever know if that was a mistake or an in-joke?

That's a lot of boxing.

TWISTED SISTER!!

AH YEAH! :D

I'd forgotten what a superb song "Church Of The Poison Mind" was.

The story goes that after Boy George's career hit the skids he had to move out of his flat.
    His father asked, while clearing out the wardrobe,"How many dresses do you actually need?".

Interesting they had Debbie Allen (Fame) introducing a Michael Jackson video,
    It was Fame and these videos that blew away the Flick Colby school of choreography.

words - that gave me a little shiver

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's mad to see 'Beat It' by Michael Jackson only entering the charts at no.30. It used to take a few weeks to climb to No.1. Unless it was The Jam, I seem to remember their last few singles going straight in at No.1.

I think the girls could have put a bit more effort in,honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its hard to defend the past with some of this ****e

• Advertisement

Its hard to defend the past with some of this ****e
    Surely you can't be referring to lovely Nick???

cml387 wrote: »
    Surely you can't be referring to lovely Nick???

And Pino Palladino on bass. Is there any 80's record he hasn't played on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeeeessss

Nerdy fact...

Around this time, Bowie was approached to be the next Bond villain (A View To A Kill) but turned it down.

Note Christopher Walken's Bowie-esque look as Max Zorin.

Jig time :)

Yeeeessss

Get OUT..

In fairness he was no Pavarotti, but it's those songs that send me straight back to where I was and who I was in 1983.
    And I would venture to say that the early to mid eighties was a classic era in British pop.

Jaysus, Big Country. Saw them in the SFX way back. 'Twas mental.

good old big country, there was a radio show on Radio Dublin (I think) called Dustys trail youd write in and you have a handle based on a band you liked, I was Big country's plot of land lol

Nerdy fact...

Around this time, Bowie was approached to be the next Bond villain (A View To A Kill) but turned it down.

With Grace Jones as the femme Fatale? Actually they could have used his missus Iman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nerdy fact...

One if the funniest things I've ever heard is the podcast "How did this get made" episode on A View To A Kill.

How do we find the criminal here? Hmm. We'll start by tracking down all the people who own blimps. Wait, all the people who own blimps with the word "Zorrin" on the side...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement