Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

What I'd love is if they rerelease ME:1 before ME: Andromeda and remove all those awful driving sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What I'd love is if they rerelease ME:1 before ME: Andromeda and remove all those awful driving sections.

That would be ironic given that they're putting them back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Yeah feel the same, between ME1-3 I must have wiped out nearly as much people and harvested enough planets for the reapers to be terrified of ME!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zillah wrote: »
    That would be ironic given that they're putting them back in.

I find it strange how opinion has changed on the driving sections from Mass Effect 1 because the popular opinion at the time (and the correct one) is they were a god awful nuisance.

However, if done correctly I'd be all up for it but don't try to tell me they were good in the original!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I find it strange how opinion has changed on the driving sections from Mass Effect 1 because the popular opinion at the time (and the correct one) is they were a god awful nuisance.

However, if done correctly I'd be all up for it but don't try to tell me they were good in the original!
    I enjoyed them on runs 1 and 2. It was only on my third I started to get sick of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I didnt like them either, and they were replaced by something equally crap, the planetary scan.. though.. ye could scan Uranus and get some unique dialogue from it :)

I didnt like them either, and they were replaced by something equally crap, the planetary scan.. though.. ye could scan Uranus and get some unique dialogue from it :)
    I did not enjoy scanning or probing planets, outside of the example you gave. :D

I hope there isn't too much of it this time around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I enjoyed them on runs 1 and 2. It was only on my third I started to get sick of them.

I just found it horrible myself. the sense of scale was kind of off, it felt like you were driving a dinky car, and then when the terrain was anyway hilly it was an absolute nightmare to get out because of the glitch, janky physics.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just found it horrible myself. the sense of scale was kind of off, it felt like you were driving a dinky car, and then when the terrain was anyway hilly it was an absolute nightmare to get out because of the glitch, janky physics.
    The scale was off I admit, never had a problem with the physics though. Strange.
    Maybe I just got used to them without realising.

I didn't mind the driving sections too much, but the janky physics really were horrible and unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I didn't mind the driving sections too much, but the janky physics really were horrible and unpredictable.

Yep. Reminded me of shadowmere in Skyrim scaling mountains.

never had a problem with the physics though. Strange.

My memories were of spending about 15 minutes trying to get out of ravines I stupidly fell into while exploring :)

I'm sure they'll have that fixed for this one though... or at least hope they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I loved the mako. You felt like a proper sci-fi explorer. My issue was the over reliance on mako combat sections.

I think there's some amount of rose tinted specs for those Mako sections. I remember at launch they were rightly reviled. Great idea, terrible execution. I was very late to the Mass Effect party so maybe it's fresher in my memory.

I did like them but I know I'm in the minority. As of this thread anyway. :pac:

Whoever starts up the first Andromeda towing company won't be short on credits.

I'm sure it will be a hell of a lot better in this game. There's a lot of Mass Effect that felt rushed and janky, from the odd Mako controls to how every planetary installation was bought from Ikea and assembled from the same parts. Bioware are kind of over those HD game development learning stages by this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Mako is too damn slow for the size of the environments it traverses.

Also inclines should not have randomly generated bumps.

But hey, it's better than ME2's M44-HammerheadohgodIT'SONFIRE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,143 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Everytime I see a bump to this thread, I have a surge of hope for new mass effect 4 info, or trilogy re-release info.... Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I cant imagine bioware saying much til summertime at least - they've lost some senior staff too, so their "holidays 2016" release may not be this year at all.

Hope it is, but i'm doubting it

Big reveal at E3 at one of the platform holder events is what I'd put money on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, sounds plausible, but will EA be having a show of their own too? If it turns out that there's exclusive content on just one platform to go along with that reveal (and there tends to be), I'll be less than impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found the Mako on the PS3 version grand. It climbed any mountain with ease. I'd say they might have tweaked it to work better. I liked the exploring part, looking around and seeing other planets was cool but it was too much of 'ziggy path with enemies to bloat the game a bit' but I ended up just bombing past everyone when I could.

Speaking of the mako, would be gas if the limited edition of the new game came with a remote control Mako.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of the mako, would be gas if the limited edition of the new game came with a remote control Mako.

That's purposely horrendous to control? :pac:

I'd probably get that..... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Only if it can climb surfaces like an elder scrolls horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

Just please don't be a horde mode simulater like ME3 was and I'll be reletivly happy

or trilogy re-release info

What would be the point of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,143 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What would be the point of this?

I want to play it Xbox One or PS4 as I don't have the previous generation consoles anymore and I think a HD update of the series (as was hinted at) would be fun to play, again.

A trilogy re-release, with all DLC included, would make my day.

I seriously doubt that ME 2 or 3 are in any need of a HD remake. Maybe ME1, but even then it hardly looks ancient.

They're pretty ugly now with awful framerate issues. Even upping the frame rate to 60 fps and reducing the load times would go a huge way to making the games more playable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I want to play it Xbox One or PS4 as I don't have the previous generation consoles anymore and I think a HD update of the series (as was hinted at) would be fun to play, again.

A trilogy re-release, with all DLC included, would make my day.

Mass effect is part of the back catalogue backwards compatibility.

You can play it on your xbox one. Framerate isn't great but it works.

Advertisement