Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So Shep actually has something to do with it. Hhhmmm interesting.

I'd be very surprised if she does, because didn't they say that the Shepard story was done?

Would be annoying if they did feature, because they've built a huge Universe with unique races, that could easily be the focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bioware have said thats just Sheperd signing off to clear the decks for the new gang, they're going to be in a different Galaxy like...

Im curious to see how they actually handle this galaxy, I mean if everyones speaking English and hanging around in bars with the exact same weapons and all that its going to be a bit stupid, would be nice to see an RPG set somewhere utterly alien but I suppose if humans can make the leap to a new galaxy then the gang that built the Citadel and the relays probably did it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Also bear in mind it could take place thousands of years after ME3 for all we know. Whatever gang was sent might have had time to build a new civilization. They can literally do whatever they please.

i think it's set within Shepard's timeline at some point, so it could be before the reapers or during

But yeah Bioware said specifically before and again yesterday (officially) that Shepard wont be in ME4 - That doesn't mean there wont be a connection to the events from the trilogy but it does mean that Shep's choice was the ultimate one for her/him.

I suppose it'd make sense if just before the reapers arrived that new ship in the trailer was sent off to Andromeda to escape the reapers and ensure the survival of some of the races from the milky way, could be big enough to be an ark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I presume at least part of the reason for giving the entire Milky Way galaxy a wide birth is to avoid running into any issues with continuity and having to set a defined canon, so even including Shepard's voice (and gender as a result) would conflict with that.

It'd be cool to hear it being sent after the ship they're on as a garbled message with parts barely audible, parts voiced by Mark Meer and parts voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Pedantic, but I;d rather they wouldn't call it Mass Effect 4, because it isn't. It's not even set within the same galaxy as the previous trilogy and shouldn't really be associated with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pedantic, but I;d rather they wouldn't call it Mass Effect 4, because it isn't. It's not even set within the same galaxy as the previous trilogy and shouldn't really be associated with it

Bioware never called it ME4 except as a working title . It's official name is Mass Effect Andromeda. Mass Effect universe but Andromeda galaxy. Fits perfectly.

Problem here in is you can't really call the one after ME: Andromeda 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It will drop the Andromeda tag and be something else like Mass Effect: Mordins revenge. Or something like that.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    It will drop the Andromeda tag and be something else like Mass Effect: Mordins revenge. Or something like that.

Was quite bummed, because
    Mordin died for me at the end of ME2, so it was just a random character that died in ME3
    so it kinda ruined the emotional impact.

masseffectsaves.com if you're planning on playing it again in the future, great little site for doing replays and ye dont want to do the entire trilogy from scratch

Got a loan of a ps3 and got ME Trilogy in the psn sale. I'm about 20% through ME 1 and it is absolutely amazing (except for the Mako sections of driving a zig zag map to your destination). Bombed through it on PC so it's good to take it in a bit more although playing it makes me really want to get to ME 2 ASAP as that is one of the greatest games of all time (imo).

I'm playing as Infiltrator (pistol and sniper), is there anyway to train other weapons in ME 1.

I really hope Andromeda doesn't get delayed. I'm guessing it will have a huge showing at E3 and release in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I bought the trilogy a while back on PSN, and keep meaning to get stuck in (the Witcher 3 has taken over my life). I think a play through of the trilogy this year is definitely in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got a loan of a ps3 and got ME Trilogy in the psn sale. I'm about 20% through ME 1 and it is absolutely amazing (except for the Mako sections of driving a zig zag map to your destination). Bombed through it on PC so it's good to take it in a bit more although playing it makes me really want to get to ME 2 ASAP as that is one of the greatest games of all time (imo).

I'm playing as Infiltrator (pistol and sniper), is there anyway to train other weapons in ME 1.

I really hope Andromeda doesn't get delayed. I'm guessing it will have a huge showing at E3 and release in November.

As far as I remember I think the only way to get more weapons is to pick it as a bonus skill at the start of the game, and you can only do that after beating the game once (possibly at a certain difficulty level).

Ah okay, don't plan on a 2nd playthrough anyway, will just bulk up my pistol so, not liking the sniper in it. I can't remember how it works in ME 2, I had a sniper and AR but wasn't a soldier. Maybe the weapon training was in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I'm about halfway through ME2 at the minute... I think. I'm still recruiting my team and stuff. I can't put this series down, I'm hooked. This is definitely a series for an older crowd, and I don't mean that in terms of inappropriate content I mean more as a maturity thing. I played right through ME1 in my teens and it made no impact on me whatsoever, now I come back as a 20-something and I'm obsessed. I'm eager to get to the end of the trilogy so I can enjoy Andromeda from launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Never played ME1, wasn't available on Playstation back in the day (6 or so years ago) did the interactive comic thing where you get to make the 6 main choices, didn't feel like i missed out on a whole pile gameplay wise according to mates, ME1 apparently didn't age/transfer as well as say 2 and 3 now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing through ME1 on the PC at the moment, and i still absolutely love it. Looks great with some mods (better lighting, high quality textures/character models). While the 2nd and 3rd play better, i still really like the original.

• Advertisement

I'm about 75% through the main missions in ME1, ton of side stuff left to do but the mission on Earths Moon is just class (well it's a tedious 'clear 3 rooms of baddies' but the setting is cool. Can't wait to get onto 2 but finding little bits of info in ME1 that's tieing the whole series together nicely. Just found a log about Cerberus, never knew they got a mention in the 1st game.

I loved ME1, didnt go into college until I finished it, then I went straight into a replay. Loved the Mako bits aswell, delighted they're bringing it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. Just found a log about Cerberus, never knew they got a mention in the 1st game.

Cerberus were one of the main side mission story branches in ME1. You end up destroying a good few of their research outposts.

The first game sets up all the lore in the codex entries of the entire ME universe more than either ME2 or 3 combined. It was a true RPG, the other games are third person shooters with RPG light features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Loved ME:1, loved ME:2, loved ME:3 about 2/3 of the way through 3.

Never got around to finishing it. Maybe I'll crank it out before Andromada lands.

I remember a Renegade save file getting corrupted and having to start again, though the game ended up remembering some of the alignment.
    Topped out Paragon but those few renegade points followed me through all three games even though those decisions never happened as the characters face was all that could be recovered.

Always found that amusing. Like everyone was wary for no reason. :D
    "That Shepard is a bit of a prick"
    "Why do you say that?"
    "I don't know there is just something off about him"

Cerberus were one of the main side mission story branches in ME1. You end up destroying a good few of their research outposts.

The first game sets up all the lore in the codex entries of the entire ME universe more than either ME2 or 3 combined. It was a true RPG, the other games are third person shooters with RPG light features.

Yeah my first playthrough, I didn't touch the side quests as I had a crappy PC and wanted to get through it fast but now I'm actually doing them, they have great substance. Even enjoying exploring planets in the Mako.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I loved the throwable mines/grenades in the first one.

• Advertisement

I cheated slightly this time around and increased the Mako's thrusters by a factor of 6...makes getting around planets much easier :)

I wish I could use the AR instead of the constant pistol. My sniper is ridiculously overpowered but not much fun using it. I also planned to use Tali and Garrus exclusively but have been using Liara instead of Garrus a lot as her biotics are too good. Makes me wish I went more Biotic build for this first game.

Biotics aren't quite as fun in ME1 as they are in subsequent games. They are very powerful, but not having the combo's that you do in later games takes away some of the enjoyment. Lifting a Geth Colossus is pretty funny though :)

For the new game, i really hope they get the exploration done right.

Yupp, enter battle, Liara Lifts, Tali AI Hacks and I go ape with my pistol. Sometimes we wreck house but it's mad who quick you can get swarmed on and killed as well. Have to say, looking back on my younger self, I'm ashamed I romanced Ashley. This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

HA!

God, just remembering my first play-through of ME1 and having to make that decision...

I know it was supposed to be a hard one, but bye Ashley. I'm saving Carth Onasi.

• Advertisement

Yupp, enter battle, Liara Lifts, Tali AI Hacks and I go ape with my pistol. Sometimes we wreck house but it's mad who quick you can get swarmed on and killed as well. Have to say, looking back on my younger self, I'm ashamed I romanced Ashley. This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

Kaiden is as bad, with his whinging and moaning but the worst of the lot is in ME2 .. Jacob.. complete and utter twit throughout the game and even worse if he survives into 3.
    Couldnt stand even talking to him in every other playthrough i did after the first.

sheep? wrote: »
    HA!

God, just remembering my first play-through of ME1 and having to make that decision...

I know it was supposed to be a hard one, but bye Ashley. I'm saving Carth Onasi.
    Isnt he from the Star Wars universe?

Thargor wrote: »

>_>

****e, you're right. I can never remember the character's name, but the voice actor is the same I think. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wanted to play through this again and was looking to buy it on the PC (I gave away my 360) - shocked you can't but a trilogy set including all the DLC as one package.

Kaiden is as bad, with his whinging and moaning but the worst of the lot is in ME2 .. Jacob.. complete and utter twit throughout the game and even worse if he survives into 3.
    Not looking forward to having to listen to his **** in my ME2 playthrough :(

Same voice actor as Kaiden though.

I dont even remember who you're talking about tbh thats why I was googling and getting Wookiepedia results.

Loved the music.

Have the albums.

Each composer brought something new and different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes, I'm a fan of the soundtracks too; particularly the one from the first game - I'm pretty sure my fond memories of #1 are in a large part down to the soundtrack, which added to the atmosphere & world-building beautifully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I loved ME1, didnt go into college until I finished it, then I went straight into a replay. Loved the Mako bits aswell, delighted they're bringing it back.

I think ME1 is the only game where I literally went straight from the credits to the New Game screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zillah wrote: »
    I think ME1 is the only game where I literally went straight from the credits to the New Game screen.

I don't think I've ever finished a game at a reasonable hour to jump back in.

• Advertisement

ME 1 done. Most of the side quests done. Even though i had Tali with me on EVERY quest since finding her, i still didn't get the quarian squadmate trophy, good thing I'm not actually going for the trophies.

Gonna jump straight into ME 2, looking forward to using an AR instead of a pistol.

No matter how good it's going to be, it'll never be good enough without Garrus.

No matter how good it's going to be, it'll never be good enough without Garrus.

His intro in ME 2 was one of the highlights of the series.

Yeah, it'll be tough to top Garrus. Definitely the best of the companions. The scene with him in the Citadel towards the end of ME3 is one of my favourite moments of the series.

What I loved is that there was a genuine connection between Garrus and the player that (I think) most felt. Every companion, even the ones brought in in ME3, were so three dimensional and felt.. Real. This is something you don't get in many other games. They'll have a hard time beating that.

Makes it even more apparent after playing Fallout 4 with some of the worst characters you could ever hope to team up with.

Couldnt stand even talking to him in every other playthrough i did after the first.

I'm pretty sure that in all the runthroughs I did, where I'd attempt different decisions to see how it changes the game, I always let Kaiden die in the first ME.

Screw that guy.

Plus I barely ever actually had Ashley on a team.

I forgot how big a difference there is between 1 and 2. Huge improvements in graphics and i much prefer the combat, especially the sniper but i miss the equipment screen. I don't like how in order to go the paragon route, you have to be a dik to illusive man. He only spent 2 years and billions of credits spent on ya, show some gratitude!

I'm pretty sure that in all the runthroughs I did, where I'd attempt different decisions to see how it changes the game, I always let Kaiden die in the first ME.

Screw that guy.

Plus I barely ever actually had Ashley on a team.

Simple choice for me. Ashley had boobs, Kaiden did not. Jaysus, I was a randy young fella

• Advertisement

I really forgot how shooty shooty ME2 was. I feel like my Shep has wiped out half the galaxy and is a much bigger threat than the Reapers.

Advertisement