Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Looks more like a human in human form.

Ah, but she's from the Avatar of the Sun Species.

#NerdKnowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Think I have that Night Elf armour on one of my characters

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read they have gotten rid of the paragon/renegade system in favour of grey scale choices. Hopefully follows the witcher 3 decision making. Choices always flowed naturally and could give very different outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    grey scale choices

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zillah wrote: »
    What does that mean?

Choices that aren't clearly good guy bad guy stuff.

I would guess ore stuff like the Krogan choices - potentially both choices in that are catastrophic.

shades of grey, to me, would indicate it will be a lot of choices will be very questionable no matter what you do.

• Advertisement

Yeah they also need to get away from the 'Unlock abilities when you reach certain paragon/renegade levels'. Always made me go for either the blue or red choice (depending on my playthrough) whether I agreed with the dialog choice or not. Grey scale gets the player more involved but the devs need to create better consequences and branching paths instead of just Good or Bad consequence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The system in ME3 was definitely better, but i'm glad it's being done away with.

And i hope it is set before the ME3 ending. The entire galaxy was hoping the Crucible will stop the Reapers, but a plan gets put in place to ensure their survival in case it doesn't. A giant Ark ship gets sent to Andromeda with members from all races.

Sounds good to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So it will be more like Deus Ex?
    Where you are just trying to make what you think is the best decision rather than looking and going:
    "I'll just wait and see which choice is in red and which is in blue."

Could go either way, I do like the thought of accidentally becoming a villain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Could go either way, I do like the thought of accidentally becoming a villain though.

I'd like that too, although i'd be looking for some redemption options afterwards

I'd like that too, although i'd be looking for some redemption options afterwards
    A hero is it? Get off my ship. :D

Could make for a very engaging story altogether.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for a game that lets me end up being the villain who has really good reasons for doing what he is doing. Most games have "good guy" or "chaotic stupid" options. Dur, I'm bad bad so gonna do the bad thing, blood death violence. It's not even a portrayal of a psychopath, it's just random nastiness for the sake of a bad guy option.

Let me be Ozymandias from Watchmen. Let me do an Irenicus. Let me explain to characters that I know there is a terrible price for what I am doing but that I can justify in my own world view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm still waiting for a game that lets me end up being the villain who has really good reasons for doing what he is doing. Most games have "good guy" or "chaotic stupid" options. Dur, I'm bad bad so gonna do the bad thing, blood death violence. It's not even a portrayal of a psychopath, it's just random nastiness for the sake of a bad guy option.
    Overlord: Minions might be a fit of sorts ;)

Let me be Ozymandias from Watchmen. Let me do an Irenicus. Let me explain to characters that I know there is a terrible price for what I am doing but that I can justify in my own world view.

937f539c612f171487cc1c5aecafc762.jpg

Wrong forum, right idea :) Yeah, if it's going to be greyscale on everything it does need something to balance things out, like fairly obvious good and bad choices to compliment the grey choices that could be either

4 new Mass Effect novels announced to bridge the old games to the new one. 2 prequels (1st releasing august) and 2 sequels. Clever idea for a bit of canon story that s lot of people would be interested in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-24-mass-effect-is-getting-four-spin-off-novels-bridging-the-gap-to-andromeda

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So wil it be an RPG game?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doodleking wrote: »
    So wil it be an RPG game?

RPG with shooty bits.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RPG with shooty bits.
    I hope this is the description online and on the back of the box. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RPG with shooty bits.

Shooty game with RPG bits more like.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I didn't realise that the woman at the end of the E3 trailer was actually the 'new' Shepherd.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioware-on-why-it-revealed-mass-effect-andromedas-/1100-6441221/

Ryder, apparently.

Also it seems EA are leaving that ending well enough alone. Probably for the best. Maybe they'll just throw in 'rumours' of what happened back in the milky way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-20-why-mass-effect-andromeda-wont-acknowledge-your-choice-of-me3-ending

Also, sorry for the bump. I'm suffering Witcher withdrawal symptoms and started the trilogy again yesterday. :o

I guess in some ways it would make sense that they have no knowledge of what happened in the previous trilogy; especially if they were in stasis for all that time.

• Advertisement

i'm guessing they leave the milky way for andromeda as part of a failsafe contingency to save the various species on board from extinction - noah's space ark kind of thing - just before the reapers or during the reapers attack across the milky way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I have no clue with regards to space travel, but I'm guessing it'd take a long time to travel to Andromeda in the Mass Effect world?

So, the story would start before the end of 3 (shipping off to Andromeda), but the game could potentially start a loooong time after the ending of the original trilogy?

Are we talking centuries here?

Me no science.

sheep? wrote: »
    I have no clue with regards to space travel, but I'm guessing it'd take a long time to travel to Andromeda in the Mass Effect world?

So, the story would start before the end of 3 (shipping off to Andromeda), but the game could potentially start a loooong time after the ending of the original trilogy?

Me no science.

It depends on the made up Mass Effect technology that Bioware have in that game. It's breaks all the current known laws of physics while sounding good in theory. They can make anything up and make it stick to their reality.

The Mass Effect universe doe not observe Einstein's laws of relativity and time dilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

sheep? wrote: »

Me no science.

Real world Science
    c = the speed of light = 300,000 km/s or 3.0 x 108 m/s
    Andromeda Galaxy = 2.5 Million Light years away
    If we traveled at the speed of light it would take 2.5 Million years to get there.

Mass Effect Science
    FTL drives are devices which allow ships to travel at FTL speeds through space. FTL drive cores work by exposing element zero to electric currents, creating mass effect fields. It reduces the mass of an object, such as a starship, to a point where velocities faster than the speed of light are possible. With a mass effect drive, roughly a dozen light-years can be traversed in the course of a day's cruise without bending space-time and causing time dilation.

Couple Hundred years in game would be my guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If they really don't want to have to worry about bringing in the original trilogy, then they can easily just say it took 100+ years to get to Andromeda.

I suspect that they will have found a wormhole, or some new top secret Asari/Salarian tech which allows them to get there in a shorter amount of time. This will allow one of more of the DLC's to potentially overlap (i.e. bring in some characters, or at least have one that involves setting up some sort of transmission to Earth).

Like how they found the Mass Effect relay hidden inside Pluto and that's what brought humanity to the Citidel in the first place. FTL tech didn't exist before the found the relay by mining Pluto.

They could have found a relay that linked the galaxies like the Omega Relay that only linked to the black hole beside The Collectors base.

I'm pretty sure they're going to go with a super-gate that connects the galaxies, and there will be a similar network of mass relays in Andromeda. If not, then I bet they reverse engineered Reaper tech to make much faster FTL drives, because otherwise they have no way of getting around the new galaxy.

I sincerely doubt it's going to be cryosleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No one in the Council or whatever really believe Shepard until the Reapers actually arrived so a backup or plan B doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me.

noodler wrote: »
    No one in the Council or whatever really believe Shepard until the Reapers actually arrived so a backup or plan B doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me.

Anderson believed her, it's not entirely inconceivable that a contingency plan would have been drawn up to counter the threat of extinction imo
    Sure dont we have a frozen ark ourselves?

• Advertisement

Anderson believed her, it's not entirely inconceivable that a contingency plan would have been drawn up to counter the threat of extinction imo
    Sure dont we have a frozen ark ourselves?

Not gonna lie, but when I saw donate and DNA, I legitimately thought it was going to ask people to send sperm samples in the post.

Anyway.

I guess in some ways it'll make sense that it's post-Reaper invasion, because so much of the population of the galaxy has been wiped out, so maybe it would push exploration to the forefront once more. Maybe they discover how the Reapers are able to travel between galaxies from the dark space.

Advertisement