Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UTV Ireland Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The Hangover and Dog Day afternoon are on UTV tonight whilst UTV Ireland have a three hour stage version of Peter Pan and a repeat of the Cube. Awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cazale wrote: »
    The Hangover and Dog Day afternoon are on UTV tonight whilst UTV Ireland have a three hour stage version of Peter Pan and a repeat of the Cube. Awful!

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Especially when John Cazale is your favourite actor too.

I prefer Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

The only viewers they will get are Sky viewers that use 116 instead of going the other channels route, they will think they are getting good ratings where the net effect would be zilch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

when is the news coverage starting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Must be the NBC one, i heard they had a big production on there before xmas.
    mickdw wrote: »
    For people that watch the soaps that tv3 used to have, it's a massive advantage having them now in hd on the sky epg for recording etc.

Isn't TV3 going HD in the summer for the RugbyWorldCup, as i heard that was the reason for it.

How many shows have UTVI got exclusively from TV3 inc Graham Norton, but i see the new series tonight on TV3+3e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

when is the news coverage starting ?

The first main bulletin is on Monday at 6:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Must be the NBC one, i heard they had a big production on there before xmas.

Isn't TV3 going HD in the summer for the RugbyWorldCup, as i heard that was the reason for it.

How many shows have UTVI got exclusively from TV3 inc Graham Norton, but i see the new series tonight on TV3+3e?

Isn't Graham Norton a BBC production?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You wont see anymore new episodes on TV3 or 3e. Only old episodes from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lertsnim wrote: »
    You wont see anymore new episodes on TV3 or 3e. Only old episodes from now on.

TV3 still have the rights to shows like Downton Abbey and Broadchurch though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

rebeve wrote: »
    Dreadful station .

The Channel is a Joke its TV3 Mark 2.

Strazdas wrote: »
    TV3 still have the rights to shows like Downton Abbey and Broadchurch though

Yes. I'm on about Graham Norton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Could we combine a protest about this ****e with the water charge brigade and get a movement going. Protest thing or sadmehtinng.,
    I is not smoking nothing.

They are now showing an old episode of Foyle's War while the new one goes out on UTV. These clowns aren't just amateurs, they're incapable. No worries, it should be available for downloading after 10 PM.
    This joke of a student channel should be over by midyear and I pray nobody hires the soon-to-be unemployed staff. Maybe the zoo can house them in the monkey section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Mr Frog

Where is Foyles War series 8 ??? UTV Ireland is showing series 6 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Mr Frog wrote: »

Thats guaranteed to pee a lot of viewers off.

Let's hope this and other problems over the last few days are simply teething issues.

Mr Frog wrote: »

Its series 9.. I'm downloading it now. ITV Ireland - the channel Dougal would have created if Fr. Ted let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,877 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So just because 'Britain' is in the title, UTV so-called 'Ireland' has stopped carrying Good Morning Britain in favour of six month old reruns of bottom fodder awfulness Loose Women. How the hell is that any more bloody Irish??

At least GMB has the news of the actual day, with Susanna Reid thrown in to ease the morning rush.

I thought UTV Ireland would be offered alongside old UTV rather than instead of it, im dismayed and i want standard UTV back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

..AND theres no "on demand"...so we cant see Emmerdale/Corrie that we might have missed....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Mr Frog

It really is a hopeless offering.

The amount of whinging and moaning about this new channel really is something else. It has been said multiple times that UTV from Northern ireland is FTA on satellite. "But i'm a UPC customer". I guess you have a decision to make then
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    So just because 'Britain' is in the title, UTV so-called 'Ireland' has stopped carrying Good Morning Britain

And you know this as fact?
    ..AND theres no "on demand"...so we cant see Emmerdale/Corrie that we might have missed....:mad:

The UTV Ireland Player works fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Bit of a weird name. Ulster Television Ireland.

If there was a Cork Television that went national, you wouldn't expect it to be called Cork Television Ireland
    It just feels a bit odd to have a regional name on a national station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Bit of a weird name. Ulster Television Ireland.

If there was a Cork Television that went national, you wouldn't expect it to be called Cork Television Ireland
    It just feels a bit odd to have a regional name on a national station

It does feel kind of weird - but perhaps not quite as weird as "Television South Television"... ;)

TVS_Last_logo.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Neeson wrote: »

Discovery Shed had high ratings too when it went live. People are curious monkeys. And since when did a TV channel launch and the PR unemployables come out with anything other than "We're a hit, we are".

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Haven't read through the whole thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but our UTV Ireland only comes on in the evening time on Saorview, it shows a test screen during the day. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Thread name is updated

Frog Song wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but our UTV Ireland only comes on in the evening time on Saorview, it shows a test screen during the day. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It's on all day for me. I looked at it briefly this morning, turning it off after finding Jeremy Kyle on there. Are you sure you are looking at the right channel number? It is channel 6 on Saorview boxes. That might be different if you are using a non apporved box to receive Saorview channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Neeson wrote: »

At least we now know that Eastenders is the nations favourite UK soap :cool::D

Advertisement