Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Slow Journey to Faster Times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

He's the dark horse alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

So what are the actual terms of your wager(s) with the lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I've only one wager. €20 with MKDTH on the above terms. He's also on against Calvin Johnson though, and is willing to take anyone else on too (including you :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Enniscorthy is nice and flat, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I've only one wager. €20 with MKDTH on the above terms. He's also on against Calvin Johnson though, and is willing to take anyone else on too (including you :))

Giving me a 10 min headstart on PM is also looking generous in my favour imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Enniscorthy is nice and flat, isn't it?

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/442762784

Looks ok, but I can never read these charts.

MKDTH wrote: »
    Giving me a 10 min headstart on PM is also looking generous in my favour imo.

Agreed. I'd have given myself 10.5 / 11 min off Yaboya and you 18 min off him. I reckon you have his €20 spent already :D

adrian522 wrote: »
    http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/442762784

Looks ok, but I can never read these charts.
    jaysus, don't like the look of that...

jaysus, don't like the look of that...

For what it's worth, this is my opinion on the course (have ran it the last 2 years):

First 5k almost all uphill, 6th km back down for the most part, 7th km we're climbing again before a gradual downhill all the way home for a fast finish.

For what it's worth, this is my opinion on the course (have ran it the last 2 years):

First 5k almost all uphill, 6th km back down for the most part, 7th km we're climbing again before a gradual downhill all the way home for a fast finish.
    ah in messing with yis all, i ran it last year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

He's paying out everyone who beats his predictions :)

annapr wrote: »
    He's paying out everyone who beats his predictions :)

That explains it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ooh, the yaboya handicap stakes. Tempting...

Friday 30th January - 50 minutes Easy
    6.29m @ 7:57p/m average

I've finally got some training to report!
    It's been a hectic week, meaning I haven't got to do any running since Raheny and have also struggled to get adequate sleep. In the middle of moving house today, I decided to get a few miles in rather than going back for a second car load of stuff in the rush hour traffic. A power nap was another extremely tempting option, but the run won over in the end. I realised as I got kitted out that my gloves, my belt I use to hold my keys and my HRM had been left behind for the second load, which meant I needed to loop the keyring around my finger and run by feel without my trusty gardening gloves. Found a nice little 10k loop which I'll probably use reguarly and kept the miles just below 8 minutes. It's very cool out there and I'm not sure how I didn't drop the keys as my hands were numb early on. I'll do a few easy miles with strides tomorrow ahead of Sunday's race. Not really sure what to expect there given this week's training, my lack of sleep and my recent diet (which has been truly awful lately). Any chance of breaking 60 minutes or even a pb look unlikely but I guess we'll see.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7:58
    Mile 2 - 7:55
    Mile 3 - 7:58
    Mile 4 - 7:56
    Mile 5 - 7:59
    Mile 6 - 7:57
    0.29 - 2:18

Saturday 31st January - 45 minutes Easy (including 6 x 100m Strides)
    5m @ 7:52p/m average (132bpm avg), 1m @ 6:57p/m average (159bpm avg)

Just an easy one to shake the legs out ahead of tomorrow. They definitely felt like they needed it. Not enough maintenance runs (as dublin runner would call them) this week, which had me a bit stiff & sore. Still, I was ok by the time I did the strides and made sure to do some comprehensive stretching when I finished. I'll more than likely give myself a going over with the foam roller in a while too. Splits are a bit deceptive as I was downhill/downwind for the first half of the run and obviously the opposite on the way back. The average tells the real story. No idea what to expect tomorrow. The plan is to run as fast as I can, but how fast that will be only time will tell.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7:15
    Mile 2 - 7:37
    Mile 3 - 7:42
    Mile 4 - 8:18
    Mile 5 - 8:28
    *Mile 6 - 6:57

*Strides in the last mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good luck in the morning P.

tang1 wrote: »
    Good luck in the morning P.

Thanks B.
    Will you be down there yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Good luck tomorrow. Most anticipated race report of 2015 so far! :D

Thanks B.
    Will you be down there yourself?

I seriously doubt it, young lads birthday in the morning so i'm on party duty for the day.

Good luck tomorrow.

Thank S.
    Most anticipated race report of 2015 so far! :D

I'm not sure about that. Anticipation is building for the Enniscorthy 10k result though.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Best of luck tomorrow lad!

Mullingar Harriers have it that theres on the day registration as per there fixtures list.

tang1 wrote: »
    Mullingar Harriers have it that theres on the day registration as per there fixtures list.

Thanks. So have Dunboyne AC apparently. Everybody does bar Trim AC, the race organisers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

I'm not sure about that. Anticipation is building for the Enniscorthy 10k result though.......:)

Whoops, Trim tomorrow got it. :)
    Good luck with the new gaffe as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck tomorrow - will see you there!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow - will see you there!

You will. Thanks TJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Gluck tomorrow!

jebuz wrote: »
    Gluck tomorrow!

Thanks.
    If I run well I might reward myself with a trip to Luigi Malones afterwards. The real one (in the Capital) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Good luck tomorrow but don't forget to leave a bit in the tank for next week...you've got a full pack yapping at your heels now :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Thanks.
    If I run well I might reward myself with a trip to Luigi Malones afterwards. The real one (in the Capital) ;)

Capital idea, might just steal that idea and do it in Cork...if Dungarvan goes well obviously. I don't even need to tell you what to order for desert, in fact just skip main course and go straight for it ;)

Advertisement