Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Hey girls im back hqd no internet for a while, hope everyone is good 14 weeks here cant believe it feels great xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just started preparing for moving house - hopefully taking place before this month is done! Only done bedroom and bathroom and the amount of stuff I binned was amazing! Handbags that I hate or were in tatters, empty toiletry bottles/cans, clothes that I kept meaning to sew etc. Managed to get a full (literally) heavy-duty bin bag of rubbish out of the room and ready for the bin, and got all my toiletries into one plastic container so it's ready to go when we are.

Hopefully the viewing tonight goes well and we find out when we can move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Moving is bloody tough going but it's such a fantastic way to clean out old and unwanted stuff. I always feel like my soul is a bit cleaner afterwards :D Best of luck with the viewing ShaSha, hope its good news and you have a new home!

We're in the process of buying at the moment, or attempting too. We have an offer down but a few weeks of to'ing and fro'ing are inevitable. I hope it works out, I can't wait to have a proper nursery :)

Just about recovered from my psychotic day of nastiness yesterday. I really hope that's not a regular occurrence.

SO MUCH BLOATING at the moment!

Jerrica wrote: »
    Moving is bloody tough going but it's such a fantastic way to clean out old and unwanted stuff. I always feel like my soul is a bit cleaner afterwards :D Best of luck with the viewing ShaSha, hope its good news and you have a new home!

We're in the process of buying at the moment, or attempting too. We have an offer down but a few weeks of to'ing and fro'ing are inevitable. I hope it works out, I can't wait to have a proper nursery :)

Just about recovered from my psychotic day of nastiness yesterday. I really hope that's not a regular occurrence.

SO MUCH BLOATING at the moment!

I know Jerrica! I'm not one for clutter but between the pregnancy, college and my partner working we've just let a mess build up that wouldn't be normal for either of us! Literally binning everything that I wont wear/use so we're moving with bare essentials. I hate moving house - I hate packing and I hate unpacking, but by all accounts this should be our last move if everything is as promised. Binning the stuff I don't want before I actually pack makes packing itself much easier too, 'cause I always end up leaving something behind!!

This new landlord is some sort of angel in disguise! :eek:

He's letting us move in with no deposit with immediate effect, and we do not start paying rent until the 24th, when we "officially" move in. He doesn't want me getting sick sitting in the cold in this house. :o
    He's sending us to a store close by to pick out a bed, table and chairs and suite of furniture that we like to be charged to him. He's already fenced in the whole back garden for the dog for us!

Nice to know there are still people like that :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

How are all the July mums-to-be doing??Very quiet around here now!!

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    How are all the July mums-to-be doing??Very quiet around here now!!

I'm 100%! Officially showing now, still no pains or aches, no sickness, no aversions to food, appetite for food and intimacy are exactly as they used to be, perhaps even a bit more now! Keep expecting to get hit in the face with the nasty side of pregnancy, but for now it has been an absolute breeze! :eek:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm 100%! Officially showing now, still no pains or aches, no sickness, no aversions to food, appetite for food and intimacy are exactly as they used to be, perhaps even a bit more now! Keep expecting to get hit in the face with the nasty side of pregnancy, but for now it has been an absolute breeze! :eek:

Happy Days! I'm the same, feel fine these days. Don't really feel pregnant at all. Though don't know if that's a good thing cos I've got very complacent with diet & exercise!

Happy Days! I'm the same, feel fine these days. Don't really feel pregnant at all. Though don't know if that's a good thing cos I've got very complacent with diet & exercise!

It's stressing me out now, I had my 12 week scan at almost 14 weeks, then got told at my booking app with the midwife that my next scan isn't until 32 weeks, so now I have a horrid wait until 22 weeks so I can book a private 3d scan! I'm not concerned about anomalies, more just to see a heartbeat and make sure baby is moving and alive, but I'm only 16 weeks on Thursday.

And I wanna know what it is NOW!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hi Folks :-) Just thinking about taking the dog for a walk. I'm not working at the moment so it'll be nice to get some fresh air and a bit of sun on my face. I'm thinking I might pop into the GP this week, I haven't seen her since she confirmed the pregnancy around week 5 (now into my 15th). Not having my symptoms at the moment, just the odd bout of very stingy nipples! Can't wait to feel some movement.
    Hey Sha Sha, I was in Slimming World for about a year before getting pregnant. I'm going to stick with it during the duration too (although all I wanted to do before Christmas was eat sandwiches). I'm getting back into it slowly with the SW dinners and breakfasts. They recommend doubling your Healthy extras but that's about it. It's a bit pricey going every week, especially knowing I'll be putting on weight until mid July but they're a nice bunch of people and it gets me out of Wednesday night!!

Re Yoga dvds, I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Element-Prenatal-Postnatal-Elena-Brower/dp/B002EWD0BS and I think it's good. It's very gentle and if you were used to exercise before you'll find it no bother. There are a few videos on youtube too. I would love to go to a class but there's none local to me.

TTFN :-)

• Advertisement

It's stressing me out now, I had my 12 week scan at almost 14 weeks, then got told at my booking app with the midwife that my next scan isn't until 32 weeks, so now I have a horrid wait until 22 weeks so I can book a private 3d scan! I'm not concerned about anomalies, more just to see a heartbeat and make sure baby is moving and alive, but I'm only 16 weeks on Thursday.

And I wanna know what it is NOW!!!! :mad:

I'm kinda the opposite. I'm very surprised at how laid back and relaxed I am about this pregnancy. I'm happy to have minimal contact with doctors and the hospital once everything is going smoothly. Only one hospital scan at 20 weeks for me in Wexford. I would be very disappointed if I had to see the GP or hospital before then.

Hi Folks :-) Just thinking about taking the dog for a walk. I'm not working at the moment so it'll be nice to get some fresh air and a bit of sun on my face. I'm thinking I might pop into the GP this week, I haven't seen her since she confirmed the pregnancy around week 5 (now into my 15th). Not having my symptoms at the moment, just the odd bout of very stingy nipples! Can't wait to feel some movement.
    Hey Sha Sha, I was in Slimming World for about a year before getting pregnant. I'm going to stick with it during the duration too (although all I wanted to do before Christmas was eat sandwiches). I'm getting back into it slowly with the SW dinners and breakfasts. They recommend doubling your Healthy extras but that's about it. It's a bit pricey going every week, especially knowing I'll be putting on weight until mid July but they're a nice bunch of people and it gets me out of Wednesday night!!

Re Yoga dvds, I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Element-Prenatal-Postnatal-Elena-Brower/dp/B002EWD0BS and I think it's good. It's very gentle and if you were used to exercise before you'll find it no bother. There are a few videos on youtube too. I would love to go to a class but there's none local to me.

TTFN :-)

I too have had the stingy nipples.........feel like someone is sticking a scalding hot knitting needle into them :(

Everything has quietened down a good bit for me, all of my symptoms have largely disappeared and the only thing I have to "remind" me are my big boobs and slightly swollen belly!! I'm in the gym 2-3 times a week and swimming once a week, I just love it - exercising now feels even better than it did before. Can't recommend getting active highly enough for pregnancy :)

My moods seem to have settled in the last week... although I don't want to jinx myself by saying anything O.o

Everything has quietened down a good bit for me, all of my symptoms have largely disappeared and the only thing I have to "remind" me are my big boobs and slightly swollen belly!! I'm in the gym 2-3 times a week and swimming once a week, I just love it - exercising now feels even better than it did before. Can't recommend getting active highly enough for pregnancy :)

My moods seem to have settled in the last week... although I don't want to jinx myself by saying anything O.o

Oh god, you make me feel so lazy!!!! :)

I've always been a regular exerciser though so I feel genuinely horrible if I stop for any length of time. And any time I don't really feel in the mood I just telling myself it's going to increase the likelihood of an easier pregnancy, that gets me off my arse quick enough :D I'm not ancient, but I'm old enough at 34 having my first, so I'll do whatever I can to make my journey nice and smooth.

I got a gift of a pregnancy massage for Christmas, off to get it this evening. Can. Not. Wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oh wow, let me know how the massage goes! I love them at the best of times so can't wait to go for one. I'm also enrolling for a baby massage course when bubba comes as it's supposed to be great for all kinds of things like teething and everything. Awww :)

I've always exercised as well and enjoy walking and cycling. Unfortunately I bled at six weeks and again at nine weeks so the medical staff told me not to exercise until I passed the 12 weeks mark (when I developed an abscess which rendered me immobile for a week) So FINALLY I am now 14 weeks on Thursday please God and more than ready to get back to exercise but still feel a bit anxious about overdoing it. What would you recommend Jerrica? I'm anxious to get back to it as I figure the fitter I am for labour, hopefully the easier it will be!!

Merkin wrote: »
    Oh wow, let me know how the massage goes! I love them at the best of times so can't wait to go for one. I'm also enrolling for a baby massage course when bubba comes as it's supposed to be great for all kinds of things like teething and everything. Awww :)
    I will of course, if it goes well I'll probably book myself in for more, I'm a huge believer in massage therapy. I'm going to look into acupuncture for relaxation in the third trimester too. Mmmm... all the relaxing... :pac: Where did you book the baby massage classes? You can get some of that back with private health insurance can't you?
    Merkin wrote:
    I've always exercised as well and enjoy walking and cycling. Unfortunately I bled at six weeks and again at nine weeks so the medical staff told me not to exercise until I passed the 12 weeks mark (when I developed an abscess which rendered me immobile for a week) So FINALLY I am now 14 weeks on Thursday please God and more than ready to get back to exercise but still feel a bit anxious about overdoing it. What would you recommend Jerrica? I'm anxious to get back to it as I figure the fitter I am for labour, hopefully the easier it will be!!
    Obviously get the a-ok from the hospital first. The advice about exercise in pregnancy is really thin on the ground, but my GP was at me to stay active right from the beginning. With my broken leg I only started back about three weeks ago. I'm keeping it to 30 mins of moderate (keep a conversation going) minimal weight bearing work at a time (stationary bike or cross trainer) and swimming 1km a week. I'm really looking forward to starting pregnancy yoga too.

The thing is though, while exercise is great and all, if you have any contraindications then it's not worth the risk. The last thing a pregnant woman needs is exercise guilt on top of everything :o I'm lucky in that I can, but that's not always the case.

I will of course, if it goes well I'll probably book myself in for more, I'm a huge believer in massage therapy. I'm going to look into acupuncture for relaxation in the third trimester too. Mmmm... all the relaxing... :pac: Where did you book the baby massage classes? You can get some of that back with private health insurance can't you?

Great thanks! Me too, I've always enjoyed complimentary therapies so you've inspired me to go for one now too! I normally have aromatherapy massages but an awful lot of oils are contraindicated so I am assuming just a base oil will be used?

Obviously get the a-ok from the hospital first. The advice about exercise in pregnancy is really thin on the ground, but my GP was at me to stay active right from the beginning. With my broken leg I only started back about three weeks ago. I'm keeping it to 30 mins of moderate (keep a conversation going) minimal weight bearing work at a time (stationary bike or cross trainer) and swimming 1km a week. I'm really looking forward to starting pregnancy yoga too.

The thing is though, while exercise is great and all, if you have any contraindications then it's not worth the risk. The last thing a pregnant woman needs is exercise guilt on top of everything :o I'm lucky in that I can, but that's not always the case

That's just it you see. When I go cycling it's normally a 15k uphill bike ride with the sweat pouring off me so I don't really want to go there as I know I'll be inclined to overdo it. I think I will start off with some gentle walking and some yoga to get my body used to it again. Enjoy the exercise and be glad you can indulge, it will be so beneficial for both you and bubba!

Thanks hon xx

Great thanks! Me too, I've always enjoyed complimentary therapies so you've inspired me to go for one now too! I normally have aromatherapy massages but an awful lot of oils are contraindicated so I am assuming just a base oil will be used?
    I have no idea! I'll let you know afterwards though.

Oh here, something else, has anyone thought about their birth plan yet? We're months away but someone mentioned it to me the other day and I realised I haven't even given it a though. More to the point I don't even know where to START!?!? :o :pac:

Oh here, something else, has anyone thought about their birth plan yet? We're months away but someone mentioned it to me the other day and I realised I haven't even given it a though. More to the point I don't even know where to START!?!? :o :pac:

Birth plan?
    You mean women are able to follow a routine when that thing starts coming out? :p
    I think if I get to the hospital on time with most of my stuff and my OH in tow, I'll be doing well ;)

• Advertisement

Doubt I'll have one. Certainly none longer than 'trust the health professionals advice to get baby out as quickly and safely as possible'. Maybe after the ante-natal classes when I know more about the hospital facilities and procedures I might have certain preferences but not at the moment.

I do trust the health professionals, that goes without saying, but I've started to think about things like epidurals vs. pethidine vs. going it alone with gas, and what would be involved if I had to be induced. At my last visit the obstetrician told me she won't let her mums go more than a week over and it got me thinking as we have a history of lazy first babies in the family. Maybe I'm thinking about too much too soon. I just don't like the idea of not having any input into the proceedings and I'm not sure what I can/ can't request.

I do trust the health professionals, that goes without saying, but I've started to think about things like epidurals vs. pethidine vs. going it alone with gas, and what would be involved if I had to be induced. At my last visit the obstetrician told me she won't let her mums go more than a week over and it got me thinking as we have a history of lazy first babies in the family. Maybe I'm thinking about too much too soon. I just don't like the idea of not having any input into the proceedings and I'm not sure what I can/ can't request.

I suppose Im lucky enough in the MLU in that I get a shot of pethidine and gas&air, no epidural or c-section unless I need it and will be transferred to consultant care.
    Pretty much going to let them at it, and spend as much of the labour as possible in the huge tub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

All good here girls although im still so moody like all the time :(

Re a birth pkan I was sonprepared fir my 1st had my plan ect and I d8nt think anyrhing went to plan xx and this time no pethadine for me, didnt like tge way it made me feel x

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

Hi girls - sorry been away for awhile doing exams. Absolute nightmare trying to do exams and throwing up for 2 weeks :( - but I got there in the end and I think I may have done OK as well. Anyway...
    @sciencebod that must be such an amazing feeling! I'm so looking forward to that happening.

I'm 16 weeks and 5 days now Jerrica and the flutters are a lot stronger now and always start around 11pm. How about you, have you had any movement yet? :)
    This new landlord is some sort of angel in disguise! :eek:

You are lucky - landlord sounds fab, when are you moving ShashaBear? We are renting too. We're in an apartment which is OK enough but with baby on the way now we looking for something with a bit of an outdoors now, so hopefully we can move and be settled before the birth.
    I'm 100%! Officially showing now, still no pains or aches, no sickness, no aversions to food, appetite for food and intimacy are exactly as they used to be,

Oh so envious of you - I'm STILL being sick every other day and the only time I'm not nauseus is for a few hours in the afternoon. Even get it through the night :(. People keep saying 'Oh it will go soon now', but I'm not so sure - think I could be high risk for having it till I give birth because I suffer with motion sickness and mum had that 'hyper' thing and had to be admitted to hospital 4 times when she was having me. Oh well - I'm not complaining - very happy to be pregnant but it's so hard when it drags on for so long and there's things you gotta do.

Hi Ocean - yes exercise and good nutrition went straight out of the window with the sickness. Even had my first McDonalds in 5 years the other day and a nasty sausage roll - oh my they tasted good - lol. Have started doing lots of walking again though and there's more good things in my diet then bad as well. So shocked at how much processed food is as well - it really put the food budget up for a few weeks.

Everyone's talking about birthing plan.... I mean is it even worth planning for - lol. All the women around me that have been through it are saying, 'Don't bother' oh and 'There's no way I'll be able to cope without the epidural' and 'Forget breast feeding, you won't last 5 mins with that'.

Well I'm gunna try to do it naturally and I'm gunna try to breastfeed and I'll see how I go shall I. Oh yes - the advice is coming thick and fast now :rolleyes:

Anyway 1st antenatal is this Thursday morning so I'll let you guys know how it goes. So excited - got my Combined Obstetric Card from the GP today. Never thought I'd have one of those. :D

sciencebod wrote: »
    I'm 16 weeks and 5 days now Jerrica and the flutters are a lot stronger now and always start around 11pm. How about you, have you had any movement yet? :)

I had... something?!?! the other day and I don't know if it was gas or movement :D

How is everyone? I'm developing a proper bump now, just loving it. Betsie_xr3i don't be hard on yourself with the moods, it's largely out of control at the moment and it's not like you're doing it on purpose.

I ate a WHOLE LOAF of soda raisin bread last night. If heroine was a food I imagine that's what it would taste like. So delicious. I was craving savoury stuff in the first trimester and now I've gotten a huge sweet tooth.

sciencebod how was the antenatal class? You're some woman for one woman for doing exams in the thick of all this!!

Lol at the whole loaf Jerrica. I've had a Cadburys creme egg EVERY evening for the last two weeks! :o My husband laughs because every time I have something naughty I tell Mr. Merkin that it was the baby who told me he or she wants it, notwithstanding the fact I'm only 14 weeks and in utero communication at that level would make me a medical anomaly ;)

How was the massage?

It wasn't a brilliant experience unfortunately. The masseuse brought me into the treatment room and asked me to strip down and lie on my tummy until she was finished up with another client. Straight away I was thinking "asking a pregnant woman to lie on her tummy and her sore boobs? That's a bit strange...". When she came back and said "so, what kind of massage are we doing?" I straightaway told her I was over 14 weeks pregnant and sure she hadn't been told that at all. Apparently the place I went to don't do pregnancy massages, but I had a gift card that explicitly says "pregnancy massage" handwritten on it (and it's a proper gift card, not a piece of paper!). Anyway, she went off and spoke to another therapist and said that she felt it would be ok to proceed if I was happy to do so and she'd do a reduced pressure Swedish massage (what she though she was meant to do). I was naked and under a towel at this stage so I didn't really feel much able to argue :(

The massage was good but I wasn't fully able to relax because I was worried in case there was something she was doing that she shouldn't have. Bit of a lesson learned on that one and it was my own fault. I'm fine and I'm quite sure bump is fine, but I'll be double and triple checking that whoever puts their hands on me next is qualified. I'm booked in for a treatment in Monart in March and I know they're very accomodating of mums-to-be, so that should be nice.

Also, I'm absolutely getting a creme egg on the way home :D

Oh you poor thing, what a terrible experience. I can totally understand how you'd be apprehensive when the lady wasn't really prepared etc, defeats the purpose of a relaxing massage doesn't it? :( Isn't it just as well you're a smart girl? Maybe someone much younger and with less cop would have rolled over unquestioningly.

A Swedish massage would have done you or bubba no harm whatsoever so don't worry. Such a pity though!

I am bursting to go to Monart! They are very accommodating to Mother To Be's apparently - you've given me a great idea to twist Mr. Merkin's arm now!

Creme Eggs are seriously addictive so just be wary that you might be opening a whole, gooey and delicious can of worms!

• Advertisement

I am bursting to go to Monart! They are very accommodating to Mother To Be's apparently - you've given me a great idea to twist Mr. Merkin's arm now!

I think it would be a very worthwhile night away for you both before the madness descends in July :D

Advertisement