Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BobbleBrunette

Merkin wrote: »
    To be honest from reading your posts I came to the conclusion that it was twins as well and that you may now only be carrying one. That would make the most sense wouldn't it?

Maybe, I might actually know for sure some day soon :P

If it wasn't for this thread I reckon I'd be in St John of Gods by now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think the not knowing must be horrific. Hope it works out well for you hon, you've really been through it in the last couple of weeks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

hi girls just catching up on the thread been crazy in work at the moment and with a 15 month old at home whos new favourite time of the day is 5am, im exhausted x

bobble you have been through so so much, maybe it was a twin pregnancy? hope you get some answers and soon,

how is everyone feeling everyone doing good?

anyone get any dates for scans yet or anything x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Hi Betsie, I have an early scan on 21st. Will be 9 weeks then.
    Really sore boobs today but just dealing with it. Not much morning sickness.

How you feeling lately?

lots of nausea finding it hard to brush my teeth, makes me gag something awful, and to top it off im a dental nurse :( but other then that im good, my LG is asleep at the moment so im relaxing on the couch with my other baby my dog :)

how are you keeping ?

• Advertisement

I'm hiding upstairs folding clothes while the husband is doing our extension.

What date you due?

you can come to my house and do my clothes too :)

im due around the 5th my guess, will know for def when i get my scan, im debating going for a private early scan

We're only going for a private early one as this is our first. So want to make sure everything is going ok.
    Then we're telling just family Xmas day the news.

I had an early scan on my 1st following a bleed and it was great, to see everything was ok,

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

Hello all, girlfriend is pregnant and due July 26th of next year.

She is anxious to get an early scan, for no other reason really than to make sure the baby is really there! We have done a pregnancy test at home and also with a doctor and both have been positive.

Is there really a need for an early scan? Just price wise I think they can be quite expensive, and only really needed if there is real concern.

Maybe its a common thing to get one, just not sure as this is our first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hello all, girlfriend is pregnant and due July 26th of next year.

She is anxious to get an early scan, for no other reason really than to make sure the baby is really there! We have done a pregnancy test at home and also with a doctor and both have been positive.

Is there really a need for an early scan? Just price wise I think they can be quite expensive, and only really needed if there is real concern.

Maybe its a common thing to get one, just not sure as this is our first!

I can understand her concern but it is better she doesnt go until there is something worth seeing. The absense of a heartbeat, for example, can be very upsetting even though it might mean nothing whatsoever.

R.P.McMurphy, the earliest they will do an early scan is 8 weeks (well that's what they say) as before then the hear can't be heart.

I'm due 26th July and have an early scan when I'm nine weeks. Baby will be the size of a olive.

Update; I'm in Holles Street (or Hollister Street as himself has dubbed it).

When they discovered my HcG was still rising they got concerned, scanned this morning and by god they weren't going to stop scanning til they found it.

And they found it. Lodged in my tube.

Waiting on the injection to 'break up the placental tissues'.

Tough day. I feel so inadequate.

Update; I'm in Holles Street (or Hollister Street as himself has dubbed it).

When they discovered my HcG was still rising they got concerned, scanned this morning and by god they weren't going to stop scanning til they found it.

And they found it. Lodged in my tube.

Waiting on the injection to 'break up the placental tissues'.

Tough day. I feel so inadequate.

Oh Bobble :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aw I'm very sorry to hear that, hugs to you xx

I wanted closure and at least I'm getting it today.

I'm still a little bit devastated though. This is my second loss and I'm only 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BettyBump

Hi Bobble,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I too would have been due in July (edd 9th July) but unfortunately I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 weeks ago which resulted in the loss of my tube as it had ruptured.

I'm so sorry to hear of you going through this hard time. It's awful that it has taken this long for you to finally know what is happening. I found the not knowing very difficult as you feel in limbo over whether you can get excited or not.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Definitely ask the doctors and nurses everything you want to know about what's going to happen as you may have options (I didn't). Take care of yourself and give yourself time to come to terms with it. I don't want to comment on how you might be feeling as I think it's a very personal thing how people approach this situation xx

On a positive note the surgeon advised me that I was safe to try get pregnant as soon as I wanted even next month - as I'm lying there unable to move :rolleyes:

Also, to all the other July mums to be - Congratulations and sorry for bringing down the thread! I hope all goes well with your pregnancies, I was in the Coombe and they were brilliant just in case anyone is thinking of going there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hayes24

Hi to all ladies here so glad to join the thread and actually hav a place to talk about my pregnancy when i have to be so secretive around others ahhh!!! this is my first pregnancy aged 27 since the positive test last sat and a due date from gp on Monday of the 25/7/14 its been such a rollercoaster none of my friends have had pregnancies so all going well will look forward to getting some support from this thread i am so nervous such a long wait for scans! Cant even think about christmas anymore!!

BettyBump wrote: »
    Hi Bobble,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I too would have been due in July (edd 9th July) but unfortunately I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 weeks ago which resulted in the loss of my tube as it had ruptured.

I'm so sorry to hear of you going through this hard time. It's awful that it has taken this long for you to finally know what is happening. I found the not knowing very difficult as you feel in limbo over whether you can get excited or not.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Definitely ask the doctors and nurses everything you want to know about what's going to happen as you may have options (I didn't). Take care of yourself and give yourself time to come to terms with it. I don't want to comment on how you might be feeling as I think it's a very personal thing how people approach this situation xx

On a positive note the surgeon advised me that I was safe to try get pregnant as soon as I wanted even next month - as I'm lying there unable to move :rolleyes:

Also, to all the other July mums to be - Congratulations and sorry for bringing down the thread! I hope all goes well with your pregnancies, I was in the Coombe and they were brilliant just in case anyone is thinking of going there :)

Thanks so much for your post, is it awful that I'm getting solace in the fact that someone else someone is going through the same thing as me?!

How are you feeling?

I'm under strict instructions absolutely NOT to attempt to get pregnant for at least three full months. I had the methotrexate injection(S!!!) and it can take a while for the drug to leave the system.

This pregnancy wasn't planned anyway, I can't see myself putting myself through this again for a good while, maybe a couple of years at least.

I feel like I've done ten rounds with Ali, they gave me one injection into each bum/hip, then one into the back of my shoulder, and FOUR more blood draws, and these were all between 9am and 4pm today. My veins are sh*te anyway, so it was genuinely like getting blood out of a stone, they had to draw from my hand in the end! :(

I'm devastated, crying most of the day around the halls of Holles Street, anyone who passed me probably thought I was some mad young wan!

Back for more blood tests Sunday and Wednesday to make sure the pregnancy is "dissolving".

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Bobble,

Sorry to hear that things are going in that direction. I think everyone had everything crossed for you over the last week!

Hope the next while goes ok for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BettyBump

Of course not Bobble, take solace where you can. That's really why I posted. There's a few threads on here about EP and also about ladies who have had the injection. They might help you and I also found mumsnet was good, I actually read the whole thread on EP! Most of the women are based in the UK whereas a lot of the information comes from the US on other sites.

Just something that helped me was knowing that there was nothing I could have done to stop this - I have no risk factors and the stats say 1 in 100 pregnancies (some say 1 in 80) end in EP which is quite high! Sure look there's 2 of us on this thread in Dublin at the same time that it happened to!

I'm feeling ok thanks. I've come on so far in just over a week. I couldn't sit up for a few days with the stitches but I've more movement now. My stomach is still swollen (I've 3 sets of stitches) but I think most of it is internal bruising. The sorest part was from the air they pumped in to have a look at everything. I had a bad reaction to the painkillers which made the pain in my shoulders worse. That's nearly gone now though. I'm getting there!

Yes, sorry I had heard that with the injection that you have to wait. TBH I've said to myself that I'm not even thinking about trying again until I feel like I'd be ready to go through all this again. It was all such a shock and few hours later would have been too late so that's very scary.

It sounds like you've been through the ringer in the past couple weeks though so take it easy and take any painkillers they are offering! Any questions or anything feel free to ask or send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

Hi all, just wondering what week would be normal for your initial scan to take place? Forms were sent off to the Coombe yesterday so just wondering what the normal process is in terms of them letting us know and also what week roughly you would expect the first scan to take place?

Hi all, just wondering what week would be normal for your initial scan to take place? Forms were sent off to the Coombe yesterday so just wondering what the normal process is in terms of them letting us know and also what week roughly you would expect the first scan to take place?

My midwife said between 10 and 13 weeks, but that's for Cavan.

Oh bobble im so so sorry for all that's your going through x thinking of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Hi Ladies,
    I just found this thread and thought I would say hi! I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I am so so scared something is going to go wrong! :-( I suppose I just cant believe that something so amazing could be happening to me! I am going for a private scan at 9 weeks (seems like a lifetime away!).I just really need to know that everything is progressing as it should be. I have been feeling nauseous,mild stomach cramping and mood swings, but no vomiting yet! I am just wondering how everyone else is getting on? Is everyone as nervous as me about getting to the 12 week mark? x

Hi rose massive congratulations x

Yeah im so so nervous 12weeks cant come quick enough

So far just a lot of nausea and sore boobs and im wrecked but I put that down to running after a 15month old haha x

I have gotten a date for my 1st scan too its the 19th of Dec cant wait I was so sure I wouldn't get called till after Christmas x

All I've had is sore boobs, fatigue and increased hunger (which can turn to very slight nausea if I ignore it, not doing any favours for my weight :( ).

Only complaint I have is the weight gain, faster than I had expected (at least half a stone in the past 8 weeks) regardless of how well I eat. And the fact that I have to wear the same sports bra all the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Good luck with your scan Betsie - its not too far away! Mine is two days later and I'm counting down the minutes!!
    Speaking of putting on weight - I would really love to exercise but am a bit freaked out to start bobbing up and down in the gym, even though everyone including the doctor has told me its OK. Any words of wisdom anyone? Of course I don't mind putting on weight - but I have the potential to become an absolute beast if I sit still and eat for the next 9 months! ha!

Thanks rose x I cant wait for the scan now put my mind at ease for over Christmas anyway x

Re the exercise if you always done exercise its not a problem I was told last time not to try anything new x

• Advertisement

Rose1000 wrote: »
    Good luck with your scan Betsie - its not too far away! Mine is two days later and I'm counting down the minutes!!
    Speaking of putting on weight - I would really love to exercise but am a bit freaked out to start bobbing up and down in the gym, even though everyone including the doctor has told me its OK. Any words of wisdom anyone? Of course I don't mind putting on weight - but I have the potential to become an absolute beast if I sit still and eat for the next 9 months! ha!

I know the feeling. I'm limited in that I'm in college full time. Doing some extra walking, but it hasnt done much to combat the half stone I put on in 6 weeks :(

Advertisement