Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvements at Ryanair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

MYOB wrote: »
    If you actually sat down at all, rather than perched bolt upright, you ended up in the passenger behind you's lap. That is a safety issue.

As goes complaining to 2005-era FR - like that would have achieved anything at all.

You should of been offloaded then and given the next flight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

billie1b wrote: »

Bit of a wider safety issue, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Never had anything but a smile for AND from RY Air Hostess'/Stewart's. For those that seem to have trouble with them ....... ;):rolleyes:;)

MjAxMy1jOWViZDQ4Mjk1NDUxZDU5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wasn't just me, and that wasn't even offered as an option. Just added to the standard of customer non-care that ensured that I haven't used them in years. That said, I do occasionally check prices just to see and its not like I've actually been cost much money by that decision.

Only journey it might make sense for me to use them is to LBA, but their timings are dreadful and its £20 from LBA to Leeds, compared to better timings by EI *and* FR to MAN and £8 on the train.

MYOB wrote: »
    Wasn't just me, and that wasn't even offered as an option. Just added to the standard of customer non-care that ensured that I haven't used them in years. That said, I do occasionally check prices just to see and its not like I've actually been cost much money by that decision.

Only journey it might make sense for me to use them is to LBA, but their timings are dreadful and its £20 from LBA to Leeds, compared to better timings by EI *and* FR to MAN and £8 on the train.

I can agree on the lack of non customer care there but its one bad apple out of a bunch, would you be as adamant not to fly Aer Lingus in a similar situation? Ryanair now have the youngest fleet of a/c in Europe and a 100% safety record, it really speaks for itself in regards to safety. Back in the old days of aviation you could get away with almost anything, its a lot different now. I remember years ago must of been around 2003 a mouse got into the flight deck of a jet, the crew noticed it and it went in behind the flight systems, crew called for an engineer, he took the tech log and the flight crew had wrote 'mouse walked in behind systems in the flight deck', the engineer wrote 'mouse walked out of flight deck'. In fact it didn't, EI ops and maintrol didn't want the a/c grounded cause of it. The flight went out. Could give you lots of stories about things but it would only scare you

• Advertisement

I can agree on the lack of non customer care there but its one bad apple out of a bunch, would you be as adamant not to fly Aer Lingus in a similar situation? Ryanair now have the youngest fleet of a/c in Europe and a 100% safety record, it really speaks for itself in regards to safety. Back in the old days of aviation you could get away with almost anything, its a lot different now. I remember years ago must of been around 2003 a mouse got into the flight deck of a jet, the crew noticed it and it went in behind the flight systems, crew called for an engineer, he took the tech log and the flight crew had wrote 'mouse walked in behind systems in the flight deck', the engineer wrote 'mouse walked out of flight deck'. In fact it didn't, EI ops and maintrol didn't want the a/c grounded cause of it. The flight went out. Could give you lots of stories about things but it would only scare you

So when did everything become much safer? :D I thought I was pretty safe in the 90s and 00s..

fr336 wrote: »
    So when did everything become much safer? :D I thought I was pretty safe in the 90s and 00s..

Not that it wasn't safe, things were just more relaxed in them days, as a pilot once said to me 'if your able to fly 15 years of your career in Nigeria on the buckets they have over there, you'll survive in these things with a wing hanging off'. A lot of pilots will tell you they still prefer the 200 series to the 800 series as the old birds were hands on flying were as the new once are more computerised. Things started tightening up a lot around 2005/06 and much more strict these days, you can hardly fart and they IAA want to investigate it

Not that it wasn't safe, things were just more relaxed in them days, as a pilot once said to me 'if your able to fly 15 years of your career in Nigeria on the buckets they have over there, you'll survive in these things with a wing hanging off'. A lot of pilots will tell you they still prefer the 200 series to the 800 series as the old birds were hands on flying were as the new once are more computerised. Things started tightening up a lot around 2005/06 and much more strict these days, you can hardly fart and they IAA want to investigate it

I'd guess that things are generally safer now however there is such a thing as being too reliant on computers and everyone being tense about the place...

fr336 wrote: »
    I'd guess that things are generally safer now however there is such a thing as being too reliant on computers and everyone being tense about the place...

Yeah there's not enough hands on flying these days, take the Air France flight 447 for example. Here's a report about it, was only recent too
    http://m.europe.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304439804579204202526288042?mobile=y

Yeah there's not enough hands on flying these days, take the Air France flight 447 for example. Here's a report about it, was only recent too
    http://m.europe.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304439804579204202526288042?mobile=y

Yep not surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

when somebody complains about safety with Ryanair, the safest airline in the world, im sorry, but i cannot take them seriously.

accidents can happen of course and please god, it never happens, but right now, Ryanair have the best fleet of airplanes in the world. to be slagging them off over reclining seats 6+ years ago, is extremely petty.

when somebody complains about safety with Ryanair, the safest airline in the world, im sorry, but i cannot take them seriously.

accidents can happen of course and please god, it never happens, but right now, Ryanair have the best fleet of airplanes in the world. to be slagging them off over reclining seats 6+ years ago, is extremely petty.

Tbh I'd like every single fact at my disposal when flying. Sensible people can decide whether or not to count or discount certain things; there is never any room for a bit of complacency. I'm sure people pick up on things on other airlines too; I haven't heard much of people making anything of Ryanair's safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Thats a dangerous game to play. In the past my company were known for waiting for that last passenger. Now if your not at the gate 10 mins before departure, you can stay at the bar you're offloaded. We'll be gone, we have other fare paying pax who made the effort. As much as you think, we're not a feckin bus.

What if a late passenger has hold baggage checked in. Does their bag have to come off?

It could be an unaccompanied bomb!

What if a late passenger has hold baggage checked in. Does their bag have to come off?

The bag would come off, only takes a couple of minutes to do if your Ryanair, if its Aer Lingus its a bigger challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The bag would come off, only takes a couple of minutes to do if your Ryanair, if its Aer Lingus its a bigger challenge

Thanks very much!

In Summer though, it might be just as much a challenge with the sunny destinations anyway.

It's very annoying when the crew and boarded passengers are left sitting there waiting for some eejit.

And possibly why EI don't have the same punctuality record as RYR!

MOL will have to watch this carefully I think.....

It only takes one person to knock it all sideways.

Thanks very much!

In Summer though, it might be just as much a challenge with the sunny destinations anyway.

It's very annoying when the crew and boarded passengers are left sitting there waiting for some eejit.

Yeah in the summer on summer destinations its a killer, the heat alone in the hold would kill ya to be honest. You get a bit of a satisfying feeling when you find bag though. Ryanair do it manually, search the tags individually, Aer Lingus and other Airbus users have to offload the bins until they get the right bin and then look for the bag, can work out faster sometimes but 9 times out of 10 manual searching is quicker

Hence why EI are reluctant to offload anyone.

Ryanair are reluctant to offload pax aswell, its because the system is automatic that the guys can have the bag tag for removal at -10 and already be looking, rather than waiting til the gate closes and then begin the search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

As has been explained. Yes it most certainly will come off.

Our holds aren't too big, reach in, pick up, and off.

Generally the ground staff will have informed the flight deck of the no show at the gate so the bag will have been taken off long before the -10min point. If the pax suddenly shows up they will board and their bag put back in the hold.

As an aside - nowadays the bombs are generally accompanied. If you know what I mean:D

• Advertisement

That's Ryanair service for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Off loading is a pain for all airlines, hence why boarding pass has 20-25 minute gate closure notice and its done -10 or 15 m before push back.
    I had the crazy situation where my baggage went on an earlier flight than me. It was waiting for me for hours.

Big security breach, somebody would of had to answer for that. Bags strictly not allow to travel without passenger.

?? its the exact same procedure. Granted FR may have less checked bags but noting else if different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Different situation but a passenger being offloaded without baggage is not allowed for security reasons. Load supervisor should of had the bag removed and it back to the arrivals hall for it to be reclaimed.

Airlines are allowed to fly baggage from previous flight but paper work would of being done etc.

Rules are rules and some are stupid but safety must come top.

Ryanair are reluctant to offload pax aswell, its because the system is automatic that the guys can have the bag tag for removal at -10 and already be looking, rather than waiting til the gate closes and then begin the search

seen a suituation last year where a passenger had some disorder (cant recall what it was) and started to panic as we pulled back from the gate. he was offloaded after a while.

as we were going down the runway, a final destination sort of scenario happened and another person then wanted to get off, so back we went again. delayed us by an hour in total.

seen a suituation last year where a passenger had some disorder (cant recall what it was) and started to panic as we pulled back from the gate. he was offloaded after a while.

as we were going down the runway, a final destination sort of scenario happened and another person then wanted to get off, so back we went again. delayed us by an hour in total.

Were you going to Fuerteventura by any chance? Cases like that would be a voluntarily off-load, staff will do their upmost to assure the pax to stay on but at the end of the day its up to the pax if they want off or not

Were you going to Fuerteventura by any chance? Cases like that would be a voluntarily off-load, staff will do their upmost to assure the pax to stay on but at the end of the day its up to the pax if they want off or not

no, was a short flight to UK , ~30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

Hi, anyone know where the priority boarding option has gone now? They say you can add priority to a regular seat, but they don't say how or where. I'm flying out on the 31st and the only option I have is to book a premium seat. I can get a regular seat returning, but no priority in the booking, or manage booking that I can see.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Advertisement